Options

IBIS london wembley line up!

Comments

• Options
    i was quoted £105 for the Monday Night at the Ibis for a double room....I got one at the premier for £65 instead.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    trammeus wrote:
    per person or per room?
    (PP is per person I think...:-))
    per person, per night
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    Booked in last night at about 10. Me and my mate are coming over from Belfast. Got the room for £57 for the Monday night.

Should be rocking!! :)
  • Options
    Are there any pubs in the nearby area? Or will we have to make do with the hotel bar?! Wembley is a bit of a hole by all accounts...
  • Options
    Jamgo Fett wrote:
    Are there any pubs in the nearby area? Or will we have to make do with the hotel bar?! Wembley is a bit of a hole by all accounts...
    nooooo idea. i would imagine folk hanging round the hotel bar after gig due to tiredness. heading into town on sunday night i think if you are around
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    on the sunday night there is a big meet-up happening!!!

sorry to nosey in on your wonderful thread but try and make it to "waxy o connors" on the sunday... it'll be a great night oot!! :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    on the sunday night there is a big meet-up happening!!!

sorry to nosey in on your wonderful thread but try and make it to "waxy o connors" on the sunday... it'll be a great night oot!! :)
    no problem dunk. we do not discriminate in this thread! anyone is welcome!

that pub looks awesome, shame its only open til 10.30 though
  • Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    duggro you have some neck starting a thread like this after your effort last year :)
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    IrishJam wrote:
    duggro you have some neck starting a thread like this after your effort last year :)
    i dont know what that means....what is this talk of neck hmmm?

i be confused with your crazy irish lingo:)
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    no problem dunk. we do not discriminate in this thread! anyone is welcome!

that pub looks awesome, shame its only open til 10.30 though
    Agreed, the pub looks ideal, but 10.30 is just TOO early!.. We can't celebrate the coming of Pearl Jam by going home at 10.30 !! :eek:
    Sunday is such a bad day to find places open after 10.30 .. and it seems London is no exception. I know of a blues bar open till midnight that I posted in the meet up thread, but either no one saw it .. or chose to ignore me:
    http://www.aintnothinbut.co.uk/
    and review here:
    http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/review_1985.htmlFeel

free to ignore me again.. I'm a big girl, I can take it :(

Re: pubs near Wembley .. From what little I know the pubs aren't great .. there's a Wetherspoons pub on High Road (shuts at midnight) plus a couple of other pubs close by... Old Post Office and "Eddies" Bar :D
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Agreed, the pub looks ideal, but 10.30 is just TOO early!.. We can't celebrate the coming of Pearl Jam by going home at 10.30 !! :eek:
    Sunday is such a bad day to find places open after 10.30 .. and it seems London is no exception. I know of a blues bar open till midnight that I posted in the meet up thread, but either no one saw it .. or chose to ignore me:
    http://www.aintnothinbut.co.uk/
    and review here:
    http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/review_1985.htmlFeel

free to ignore me again.. I'm a big girl, I can take it :(

Re: pubs near Wembley .. From what little I know the pubs aren't great .. there's a Wetherspoons pub on High Road (shuts at midnight) plus a couple of other pubs close by... Old Post Office and "Eddies" Bar :D

eddie's bar??

must be done
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    i dont know what that means....what is this talk of neck hmmm?

i be confused with your crazy irish lingo:)

it's o.k i know what you look like now....
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    eddie's bar??

must be done
    ha ha yes!
    Been trying to find some reviews but not found much yet .. eddies is 600 yards from wembley Arena.. looks like there's a couple of pubs near the Ibis too. (Not that I'm staying there though, I'm booked in at Farringdon now .. just thought I'd gatecrash your thread :D)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    IrishJam wrote:
    it's o.k i know what you look like now....
    righto!

ps. what does it mean when you say i must have some neck?
  • Options
    me and my mate are staying in the ibis also
    c u in the pub
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    righto!

ps. what does it mean when you say i must have some neck?

I'll say it another way then

you're a bit of a cheeky bollock starting another hotel thread after your Dublin effort :)

is the ibis alongside wembley also as i'm in plaza but will go where crowd is.
    the good crowd of course
  • Options
    Sunday is such a bad day to find places open after 10.30 .. and it seems London is no exception.

I know!!!! its easy in Scotland.. 1.00am is normal for a pub and 3.00am for clubs easily!!!

i know its only open till 10.30pm but its a good starting point for folks and then we could do that blues bar or find another pub somewhere else

i went into this rock club thing in Covent Garden last time i was there... Roadhouse or something, i cant remember but i was very drunk and it was open till 1.30am or something... the house band played Rage Against The Machine, followed by Foo's and then a wee Nirvana tune came on and then they played Rockin in the Free World... no PJ but it was a good set of tunes!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

Hmmm, the Old Post Office sounds, er, interesting...
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/51/5106/Old_Post_Office/Wembley
  • Options
    IrishJam wrote:
    I'll say it another way then

you're a bit of a cheeky bollock starting another hotel thread after your Dublin effort :)

is the ibis alongside wembley also as i'm in plaza but will go where crowd is.
    the good crowd of course
    i thought the dublin thread went quite well! oh well

yeah its right next to wembley i think
  • Options
    yeah.. what happened in Dublin you guys... dont tell me the scottish guys went to bed early did they???? :eek:
  • Options
    Jamgo Fett wrote:
    Hmmm, the Old Post Office sounds, er, interesting...
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/51/5106/Old_Post_Office/Wembley
    Sounds worse than a western saloon :eek:
    y'all remember to bring yer pistols now ;)

Waxys does look a good place to meet .. I think that's got the thumbs up from most and looks the likely starting place :)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    I signed up for this beautiful forum because i too will also be gracing the path of wembley arena in a few months :)
  • Options
    Apocrypha wrote:
    I signed up for this beautiful forum because i too will also be gracing the path of wembley arena in a few months :)
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome!
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    eheh i'm here too! i didn't know about this thread so i created a new one... it doesn't really matter anyway... i'll see you all there!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah.. what happened in Dublin you guys... dont tell me the scottish guys went to bed early did they???? :eek:

i still want to know why Duggro had the nerve to start this thread after his Dublin thread???? what was wrong with the Dublin thread he did??? :confused:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i still want to know why Duggro had the nerve to start this thread after his Dublin thread???? what was wrong with the Dublin thread he did??? :confused:
    yeah im confused too

maybe cos i tried to get everyone together, and loads of people were there, but i only met 3.

i didnt go to bed too early, but i was epicly knackered!
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    yeah im confused too

maybe cos i tried to get everyone together, and loads of people were there, but i only met 3.

i didnt go to bed too early, but i was epicly knackered!

Hell no man....that was a late night...well, by my usual standards of bed at 9 o'clock anyway.

Lots of folk were there but they'd all gone into Temple Bar by the time you showed up....so you were left with Dave, Gen and I :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Hell no man....that was a late night...well, by my usual standards of bed at 9 o'clock anyway.

Lots of folk were there but they'd all gone into Temple Bar by the time you showed up....so you were left with Dave, Gen and I :)
    yeah i took too long gettin back to the hotel cos my mates were staying in town so hung around with them for a while talking excitedly and hyperactively about the gig:)

you make it sound as if i was unlucky being left with you 3! not at all, good to meet you guys:)
  • Options
    Doug

was only taking the piss about you starting a thread and whether you would turn up or not.
    Only saw these replies now...
    i'll buy you a few ciders in london no fear !!!!
  • Options
    IrishJam wrote:
    Doug

was only taking the piss about you starting a thread and whether you would turn up or not.
    Only saw these replies now...
    i'll buy you a few ciders in london no fear !!!!
    im not bothered man, i know you were joking, i just didnt quite get it

im a bit slow:)