Options

IBIS london wembley line up!

duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
who's joining me there??

EDIT:
I'VE DEFECTED!

i am now a travelodge person at kings cross royal scot (nice hotel name)

half the price and i can get a twin room

hope you guys all meet up and enjoy the ibis though
Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    duggro wrote:
    who's joining me there??

Me and the wife.
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    Me too :)
  • Options
    *waves* Myself and the missus also :)
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    wooo
  • Options
    Sorry what is the IBIS wembley line up?
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Sorry what is the IBIS wembley line up?
    people who are stayin at the IBIS wembley hotel
  • Options
    sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    how much it cost ?
  • Options
    nippernipper Posts: 11
    Myself My Wife And 2 Friends
  • Options
    sandoz wrote:
    how much it cost ?
    mine worked out at about £35-£40 pp/pn
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    people who are stayin at the IBIS wembley hotel

Oh I see, thanks lol. :)
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    duggro wrote:

ok 50 - 60 € thanks .. i think i should speed up for reservation if i don't want to sleep out !
  • Options
    sandoz wrote:
    ok 50 - 60 € thanks .. i think i should speed up for reservation if i don't want to sleep out !
    yeaaah come join us!
  • Options
    could be staying here...

i know im getting a national express coach down from manchester that gets to london at about 2pm on the 18th...

after the gig the choice is either stay overnight somewhere or catch the coach back to manchester which leaves london at 1am.. what do you guys think..?

also, if someone could tell me the distance between london victoria coach station and wembley arena, that would be awesome!

cheeers :)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    also, if someone could tell me the distance between london victoria coach station and wembley arena, that would be awesome!

cheeers :)
    It's about ten miles.

A 15-20min tube ride. Although you won't be able to get one of those at 1am..
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    yeaaah come join us!

Booked !! :cool: .. 57 £ for 2 . less than i was thinking ! excellent! see you all there ! can't wait ! and can't stop smile! :p
  • Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    According to the Ibis website, the price has gone up to 90 GBP on Sunday, June 17, the day before the concert. Night of the concert is 57 GBP.

Hotel website:
    http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/gb/ibi/3141/fiche_hotel.shtml

Reviews of hotels near Wembley Arena:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g528820-Wembley_Middlesex_England-Hotels.html

The Premier Travel Inn listed at the above link is 161 GBP for June 17-18. Looks like it and the Ibis are the only two still available in the Wembley area.
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • Options
    Nickrand wrote:
    According to the Ibis website, the price has gone up to 90 GBP on Sunday, June 17, the day before the concert. Night of the concert is 57 GBP.

Hotel website:

The Premier Travel Inn listed at the above link is 161 GBP for June 17-18. Looks like it and the Ibis are the only two still available in the Wembley area.

yeah thats what i had to pay 147 for. tis a bit annoying havin to pay more for sunday night!! but i dont want to travel down on the day of the gig, i fancy dotting around london for a bit.
  • Options
    Me and my husband.
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Nickrand wrote:

Hotel website:

Eww... I just read the reviews for the Wembley Plaza on TripAdvisor. I can't figure out whether the people on there are exaggerating or bit... I chose the non-refundable option because it was cheaper, now I kind of regret it... :(
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Yielded wrote:
    Eww... I just read the reviews for the Wembley Plaza on TripAdvisor. I can't figure out whether the people on there are exaggerating or bit... I chose the non-refundable option because it was cheaper, now I kind of regret it... :(

I'd take anything written on Tripadvisor with a pinch of salt...although I havent read the reviews of Wembley Plaza.

People do tend to exaggerate and they always pick on the bad things. We went through this when we booked the Jurys in Dublin for Pearl Jam last August. A week before I read about it on Tripadvisor and I was trying to change it. In the end, it was more than fine. I've found that just because one person experiences something in one place, doesn;t mean that everyone does and it all depends on what you expect.

We've booked the Hilton in Edgware Road and I looked at that on Tripadvisor and half the folk are raving about it and some aren't.....but then reading the bad reviews, people are complaining about really trivial things.

I wouldn't worry too much.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    one last question for all the londoners....

roughly how much would a taxi from victoria coach station to wembley arena cost?? and then back again obviously.... if taxis are easy to find at that time...

cheers :)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    one last question for all the londoners....

roughly how much would a taxi from victoria coach station to wembley arena cost?? and then back again obviously.... if taxis are easy to find at that time...

cheers :)

Quite a lot. At that time of night, I;d say in the region of £20 wach way.

Plus....with all the people and traffic coming out of Wembley, it'll be hell trying to get a can and if you get stuck in traffic.

Just get the tube. I think the last tubes run between 12 and 12.30 so you should have ample time to get one after the gig and there'll be plenty of folk heading back into central London.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I'd take anything written on Tripadvisor with a pinch of salt...although I havent read the reviews of Wembley Plaza.

People do tend to exaggerate and they always pick on the bad things. We went through this when we booked the Jurys in Dublin for Pearl Jam last August. A week before I read about it on Tripadvisor and I was trying to change it. In the end, it was more than fine. I've found that just because one person experiences something in one place, doesn;t mean that everyone does and it all depends on what you expect.

We've booked the Hilton in Edgware Road and I looked at that on Tripadvisor and half the folk are raving about it and some aren't.....but then reading the bad reviews, people are complaining about really trivial things.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks, that reassured me a bit.

I'm not expecting anything phenomenal, I just want a decently clean place to crash out after the gig (and after having a drink or two w/ the London Crew :D )
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    people rarely go out of their way to highlight good points about places they visit, but are more than likely to highlight any negative aspects
  • Options
    Wembley Travelodge still has rooms for £26. It's 2 miles away though.
    Cardiff 6th June 2000
    Arnhem 29th August 2006
    London 18th June 2007
  • Options
    Woop woop! Just booked myself in.
    I've been to plenty of hotels before that have had mixed reviews and they've all been fine, people usually just comment on them for a good moan.
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    duggro wrote:

per person or per room?
    (PP is per person I think...:-))
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 787
    I'm booked in the IBIS - yeah - heres to "no travelling after the gig"!!!! Supero
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    Myself and my one and only aka. Cagey are booked into the Ibis as well :) See you there. . u wont miss me, il be the one with the bump :D
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    Booked!

You'll recognize me because of the vodka smell.

T
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07