Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Pap wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    http://www.waaf.com/Jeff-Ament-From-Pearl-Jam-Gets-RNDM-With-Mike-Hsu/11304434?pid=272026

Jeff Ament From Pearl Jam Gets RNDM With Mike Hsu
    by Mike Hsu , posted Oct 15 2012 4:04PM

Jeff Ament has had a few side projects from Pearl Jam including Three Fish, Tres Mts, some solo releases. Now he gets RNDM(pronounced Random). This collaboration is with singer/songwriter Joseph Arthur and long time drum partner Richard Stuverud(Fastbacks, Three Fish). The three got together for four days at Ament's home state of Montana to record the album "Acts"(out 10/30/12) and will embark on a short tour that will hit The Paradise in Boston on November 7. In the interview below Jeff talks about the the feeling of the recording sessions, stepping outside of his musical comfort zone, and his love of the Power Trio formation. And yes PJ fans, he also gives an update on a new album.

Hit play to hear the interview:

Interviewer on the right ear and interviewee on the left ear. 8-) Thank you D!
    Ooohhh. Thanks. I was listening with only one ear at work. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pap wrote:
    Interviewer on the right ear and interviewee on the left ear. 8-) Thank you D!
    Ooohhh. Thanks. I was listening with only one ear at work. :)

:lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Got my tickets and found out my brother will be in town for the show! Yesterday was a good day!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Looks like I may be able to make the RNDM show in DC after all! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    who's headed to the Philly show w me?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,859
    Good hotel deal on groupon for the Washington Court Hotel, that's where me and the wife are staying! Can't wait for DC!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    I'm really stoked to see how these shows turn out. Going to be very different, but Joseph Arthur is awesome.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Too bad the album isn't released til days before these shows... It would be nice to listen to it now, to get to know the songs... :geek:
  • Options
    less than two weeks til brooklyn

im properly stoked
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Too bad the album isn't released til days before these shows... It would be nice to listen to it now, to get to know the songs... :geek:

Would be great for those that pre ordered the vinyl get a direct MP3 download of the album soon. Cause if the CD / Vinyl ships out 10/30/12, they won't reach Canada before their first Montreal show on November 9th. I would like to get to know/feel the songs a few day's earlier before going to the show's next month.
  • Options
    i have a feeling we'll get the cds/mp3s with enough time to listen to the record 2-3x before we see them

can't wait to get an orange rndm shirt and style on all you on the next pj tour
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Agreed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Jeanwah wrote:

Well since the Seattle show is like November 27th, I'll have the CD for awhile until then... :)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Well since the Seattle show is like November 27th, I'll have the CD for awhile until then... :)
    The Vancouver show isn't until Nov 26th, but I don't have faith in the album reaching me in less than a couple of weeks... they should have shipped a good month or two before the tour began. It seems really quite strange to me that they left it so close together. They aren't leaving any time at all for any of the songs to get out to people so that they decide to attend their shows. As it is, most of the people probably attending are 10c members and others whom are already tuned in to what the band members are up to. They need their music out there BEFORE the tour starts... and they all know how it works, so I wonder why they timed it like this?? Unintentional delays? They just don't care? Not sure... nevertheless, I'm really looking forward to the album and the show!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Awesome, THANKS!!! :thumbup: :D
    I like it! Quite a bit, actually. Except for Walking Through New York. Yikes. :? That's a complete disaster. But the rest, I'm really pleased with, and I've only listened once, so there hasn't been any time for it to grow on me. What's weird, though, is just how much influence Jeff must have with all his side projects with other people... Everything he does with a band (aside from PJ) has Jeff written all over it; the similarity of style between his solo work and his collaborative stuff is striking. Seems like he must be doing most of the work or something... ?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Test
    -neat man!
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I just turned on the preview... I really like the first three tracks so far! Nice job Jeff 'n friends!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910

Awesome!!!! :D

I just placed my plane tickets to Montreal. And soon train tickets to Toronto.

:)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,296
    Reeeeeeaallly like this album! I love the fact that you can tell it's a Jeff record but it's also got a very Joseph Arthur feel to it, they've managed to merge their styles really well.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    goldrush wrote:
    Reeeeeeaallly like this album! I love the fact that you can tell it's a Jeff record but it's also got a very Joseph Arthur feel to it, they've managed to merge their styles really well.

I totally agree! Love this album! Makes me even more excited to see them in November! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    Exactly!

Digging this a lot so far.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:

Awesome! The RNDM gods heard us! :D

Sounds good so far!
  • Options
    Glad they said they'd play some Joseph songs as well!
  • Options

Yeah, me too. :) I was kinda hoping for a few Jeff songs off his new album as well, though... :?
  • Options
    dig this record. prolly the best side project since bayleaf
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:

Yeah, me too. :) I was kinda hoping for a few Jeff songs off his new album as well, though... :?

I hope they play Joseph Arthur's In The Sun and I believe they're going to play at least When The Fire Comes. After all, it's the song that started it all. ;)
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I never ordered the autographed version of cd :( Do you guys think the 10c version will be autographed or just a "normal" one...?
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248
    em jot wrote:
    I never ordered the autographed version of cd :( Do you guys think the 10c version will be autographed or just a "normal" one...?

guessing it won't be autoed..

How cool is Hollow Girl?!!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018