Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Why would Newbury Comics have a limited autographed copy but not 10c?
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Stoked to go. Wonder if they're gonna play all RNDM stuff or throw in stuff from other projects as well? (In The Sun is one of my favourite songs ever).

I'd LOVE to hear Joseph play that song! One of my faves, too.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Stoked to go. Wonder if they're gonna play all RNDM stuff or throw in stuff from other projects as well? (In The Sun is one of my favourite songs ever).

I'd LOVE to hear Joseph play that song! One of my faves, too.

+1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC1yoJE7XWE

Q:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Why would Newbury Comics have a limited autographed copy but not 10c?

A:
    demetrios wrote:
    RNDM has a beef with Newbury Comics!!

dEFOh.png?1
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    which label is putting this out? I've seen Monkeywrench and Lonely Astronaut listed.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    kramer73 wrote:
    which label is putting this out? I've seen Monkeywrench and Lonely Astronaut listed.

It's Monkeywrench Records. I've only seen the The Lonely Astronaut listed over @ the Amazon store's CD/Vinyl listing.
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options

Fuck yeah!!! Thank you!! :)
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,850
    demetrios wrote:

:thumbup: 8-) . Awesome clip. Thanks for posting. Good to see some PJ20 footage in there too!
  • Options
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248
    jjflash wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

:thumbup: 8-) . Awesome clip. Thanks for posting. Good to see some PJ20 footage in there too!

Really looking forward to this!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Bruce is out again - just got my tix for RNDM in Vancouver. :D Looking forward to it!!! Also just pre-ordered the album - can't wait to get it!! It better get to me before the show... When are they shipping? Oct 30th was it? That's gonna be REALLY tight. Does it come with a free download, anyone know?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SWEET! Thanks for posting. Can't wait till the Philly show.
  • Options
    that epk was hilarious
    really glad to have two local shows
    hope the tour tee is orange : )
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    that epk was hilarious
    really glad to have two local shows
    hope the tour tee is orange : )
    How could it not be? ... I look terrible in orange. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    When are they shipping? Oct 30th was it? Does it come with a free download, anyone know?

Will ship on or before release date 10/30/12.

The band will release their debut album, "Acts", on Tuesday, October 30th in CD, vinyl LP and digital formats via Monkeywrench Records/RED in the U.S. and Canada.

I haven't seen them yet. Who knows? Maybe, they'll come as a bonus for all of us who pre-ordered the CD or vinyl.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Bruce is out again - just got my tix for RNDM in Vancouver. :D Looking forward to it!!! Also just pre-ordered the album - can't wait to get it!! It better get to me before the show... When are they shipping? Oct 30th was it? That's gonna be REALLY tight. Does it come with a free download, anyone know?

Dilemma!

I was so busy with stuff when I was visiting my relatives in England that I neglected to notice that the gigs were on the same night. I have my Bruce ticket (which I could probably resell at face value rather easily, as it's in the lower bowl), but I'd hate to miss a legend. Who knows if he'll come this way again? That said, it might also be the only RNDM show I could ever see, too. Assuming RNDM tickets are still available - ?

*sigh*

:fp: :|
  • Options
    rockpants wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Dilemma!

I was so busy with stuff when I was visiting my relatives in England that I neglected to notice that the gigs were on the same night. I have my Bruce ticket (which I could probably resell at face value rather easily, as it's in the lower bowl), but I'd hate to miss a legend. Who knows if he'll come this way again? That said, it might also be the only RNDM show I could ever see, too. Assuming RNDM tickets are still available - ?

*sigh*

:fp: :|
    I hear ya... it was a tough dilemma for me too... and then when a friend said she'd be getting tix to Bruce for her hubby as a gift and that he'd take me, I felt... well, glad, but not as happy to see Bruce as I thought I'd be. And when she ended up not getting the tix after all.... well, I was much less disappointed than I should have been. Possibly pleased about it.... All this tells me that 1) small venues with GA are something that I seem to really value and think that all others should too, haha, and 2) my love for all things Pearl Jam or Jeff Ament related completely overrides my admiration for Bruce Springsteen, as cool as he is. :). Plus, it definitely could be the one and only tour RNDM ever does, or at least brings to Vancouver, while there is no doubt in my mind that The Boss will be back, or at least close enough, since he's not about to stop now unless something bad happens, knock on wood. Plus, not that it made a difference to me in this case, but the price difference is nothing to sneeze at either.

I think you should go with RNDM! ... especially because I had no idea you live in Vancouver! I've discovered a serious lack of local 10c-ers, and I wanna see them come out of the woodwork to this show! ;) But yeah, if you think you'll really regret not seeing The Boss, go to it. It's all about what you'll regret less the next day. :)
    Oh, and I bought my RNDM ticket yesterday. So yeah, tix still available probably.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I'm in the the 'Wack (stinks, old people, religious fundies, I know, I know, I know). I'm taking my Mom to see Paul the night before and will have to bring her home, so it's a to-from-to-from commute. And I work weekdays (I could call in, though I'd prefer not to). I hope the Port Mann mess is at least slightly more tidy by the end of November.

Well ... gonna try and offload the Boss ticket, methinks. I'm second-guessing the ease, since it's just a single ticket and people are ridiculously co-dependent when it comes to going to shows. I went to so much trouble to get the damn thing, too. :P Heh. Hopefully it works out.
  • Options
    rockpants wrote:
    I'm in the the 'Wack (stinks, old people, religious fundies, I know, I know, I know). I'm taking my Mom to see Paul the night before and will have to bring her home, so it's a to-from-to-from commute. And I work weekdays (I could call in, though I'd prefer not to). I hope the Port Mann mess is at least slightly more tidy by the end of November.

Well ... gonna try and offload the Boss ticket, methinks. I'm second-guessing the ease, since it's just a single ticket and people are ridiculously co-dependent when it comes to going to shows. I went to so much trouble to get the damn thing, too. :P Heh. Hopefully it works out.
    :lol: Chilliwack isn't THAT bad! ;) ... Way better than Abbotsford! :lol: I used to go camping a lot up along Chilliwack River... you know, past the sexual deviant penitentiary? .... :lol: No seriously, I really liked camping up there! Very pretty surrounding areas. :)

Glad you will be there (I think that's what you're saying)! Good luck selling the ticket, but I really don't think you'll have a problem with the single. There are enough Bruce nuts around that they don't care if they're alone, as long as they're in the building. I know what you mean about the co-dependence thing though.... I personally have no probs at all going to a show alone... I mean, I don't see how standing next to someone you know while you take it all in makes much of a diffence... I guess it's about sharing the memory with someone.... another handy use for the internet. I sadly have no friends who are even remotely as into music as I am, as fun as they still can be to go to concerts with (Going to see The Killers on Dec. 3rd with a close friend actually. I'd forgotten about that!). Anyway, I've got 2 tix for RNDM, and will likely be bringing a friend this time (but could end up with a spare ticket, fyi for anyone later).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Whoa! The Boss is out? Cool! I would of done the same thing. You don't get to see many live PJ side projects. As for the Boss, dude play's like 100+ show's a year? He'll probably be back in Vancouver around March break next year ..

10club usually sends out MP3 direct downloads for those who've place the vinyl order.
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 912
    If you're in the UK and you don't fancy waiting for 10c to arrive CD and LP (inc DL and bonus track) are available from these guys:

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/RNDM-Acts-OneLittleIndian-86247.html

They're really helpful and usually very fast too.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    A month from yesterday, Montreal. A month from tomorrow Toronto.
    Ah yeah!! 8-)
  • Options
    Their video for Modern Times is highly reminiscent of Tom Waits' I Don't Wanna Grow Up video.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    demetrios wrote:
    A month from yesterday, Montreal. A month from tomorrow Toronto.
    Ah yeah!! 8-)
    A month from today Ottawa!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    David Garza is going to be opening up for RNDM on the tour.

http://www.davidgarza.com/shows.html
  • Options
    http://www.waaf.com/Jeff-Ament-From-Pea ... pid=272026

Jeff Ament From Pearl Jam Gets RNDM With Mike Hsu
    by Mike Hsu , posted Oct 15 2012 4:04PM

Jeff Ament has had a few side projects from Pearl Jam including Three Fish, Tres Mts, some solo releases. Now he gets RNDM(pronounced Random). This collaboration is with singer/songwriter Joseph Arthur and long time drum partner Richard Stuverud(Fastbacks, Three Fish). The three got together for four days at Ament's home state of Montana to record the album "Acts"(out 10/30/12) and will embark on a short tour that will hit The Paradise in Boston on November 7. In the interview below Jeff talks about the the feeling of the recording sessions, stepping outside of his musical comfort zone, and his love of the Power Trio formation. And yes PJ fans, he also gives an update on a new album.

Hit play to hear the interview:

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    http://www.waaf.com/Jeff-Ament-From-Pearl-Jam-Gets-RNDM-With-Mike-Hsu/11304434?pid=272026

Jeff Ament has had a few side projects from Pearl Jam including Three Fish, Tres Mts, some solo releases. Now he gets RNDM(pronounced Random). This collaboration is with singer/songwriter Joseph Arthur and long time drum partner Richard Stuverud(Fastbacks, Three Fish). The three got together for four days at Ament's home state of Montana to record the album "Acts"(out 10/30/12) and will embark on a short tour that will hit The Paradise in Boston on November 7. In the interview below Jeff talks about the the feeling of the recording sessions, stepping outside of his musical comfort zone, and his love of the Power Trio formation. And yes PJ fans, he also gives an update on a new album.

I THINK that was a really good interview. I couldn't really hear the interviewer at all - just Jeff.... so RNDM... Awesome, great, can't wait to see them in November. The PJ album - okay... sounds like we should still get one some time next year. Nice to hear him say that he hopes to be doing the PJ thing for a long time to come and that he doesn't think they've even cranked out their best album or song yet. Wow, I hope he's right. PJ and Soundgarden teaming up for some kind of tour or something - not gonna happen because it's not realistic for Matt, as most of us assumed.
    Thanks for the post! :wave:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    http://www.waaf.com/Jeff-Ament-From-Pearl-Jam-Gets-RNDM-With-Mike-Hsu/11304434?pid=272026

Interviewer on the right ear and interviewee on the left ear. 8-) Thank you D!