Options

Lost dogs 2 / Stray Cats and other outtakes

Comments

• Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    This deserves a little bumb...
  • Options
    Since there seem to be no new album any time soon, maybe it is time for a Lost Dogs 2 / Stray Cats album... If you know anymore outtakes please add them here and I will update the list on the first page...
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 230
    I pretty sure Ed mentioned Leatherman II was recorded, which is supposed to be a different song than Leatherman..

And on the PJ20 exhibition there were lyrics for an unreleased tune called: 'I Won't'
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    Joostone wrote:
    I pretty sure Ed mentioned Leatherman II was recorded, which is supposed to be a different song than Leatherman..

And on the PJ20 exhibition there were lyrics for an unreleased tune called: 'I Won't'

Added it to the list... I think this starts to be a three CD album or a CD box :shock:
  • Options
    well, don't forget the studio recording 'Baba O Riley', and the one for 'Touch me I'm Dick''...
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
  • Options
    Joostone wrote:
    well, don't forget the studio recording 'Baba O Riley', and the one for 'Touch me I'm Dick''...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I don't even think I heard a live version of the last one! :shock:
  • Options
    Yeah.. 'Touch Me..was recorded....', these sessions leaked to the internet a couple of years ago.....

8-13 Ottobre 1990 - Galleria Potatohead (London Bridge Studios) - Seattle, WA

Alive
    Master / Slave (extended cut)
    Instrumenatl (Hold On instrumental)
    Wishing Well
    State of Love and Trust
    Tocuh Me I'm Sick (Short version)
    Touch Me I'm Dick
    It Ain't Like That
    Blues Jam
    Instrumental
  • Options
    This article appeared online like six months before ST was finally released....

Seattle rockers Pearl Jam have finished recording their currently untitled new album. They completed the extensive recording process just last week in Seattle.

Guitarist Stone Gossard believes that the unusually long recording effort will be understood when the public hears the album. "This is the best music, as a collective, that we have written... probably ever", says Gossard. He says that "while we have experimented and extended ourselves once again, the simplicity and edge of our writing this time can be heard - these songs are all ones we are very proud of".

-While a lot of the album is "as heavy and bone-crunching as our earlier material", Gossard is most proud of the melodic songs such as "Dawn" - written over 4 months by co-guitarist Mike McCready - and the Who-like "Alarms Of Nautical", by Gossard himself.

"We are always expected to have a heavy tilt in our songs, and we have done that here and love doing that. But this album feels more than a bunch of rock songs like our last couple... and not to demean those... but this was a massive ride for us, a big jump, and we hope it can be heard".

The first song, "To Our Home", is a quiet song by lead singer Eddie Vedder, unmistakeably about his new baby girl. "Yeah we let Ed indulge on that one a bit there, but it is a fantastic, pretty track to start off. After that we blow the amps (laughs)".

The track listing is as follows:

01. To Our Home (Vedder)
    02. Marker (Gossard/Vedder)
    03. Dawn (McCready)
    04. Crapshoot Rapture (Gossard/McCready/Ament)
    05. Worldwide Suicide (Gossard/McCready)
    06. Severed Hand (Vedder)
    07. Echoes (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)
    08. Cold Concession (Cameron)
    09. Alarms Of Nautical (Gossard)
    10. The Streets (Vedder)
    11. Of The Earth (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)

The first single (to be released in November) will be "Echoes" with the non-album B-Sides "Thank You" and "I Believe In Miracles Live 9/1/05". The band, currently on tour in Canada, will visit Latin America in November before releasing the album in early December. Although no certain dates have been made, manager Kelly Curtis has confirmed a possible 2006 tour of Australia and New Zealand, followed by a full-scale visit to Europe.

Some of these are renamed: 'dawn' = inside job??, alarms=life wasted, crapshoot=comatse...

but others seem to be unreleased: echoes, to our home....
  • Options
    I also remember an article where Mike said something to the effect, 'They have some many songs left over from Backspacer, they might release an EP'.
  • Options
    cokelogic wrote:
    I also remember an article where Mike said something to the effect, 'They have some many songs left over from Backspacer, they might release an EP'.

I think that Mike McCready said a similar thing right after ST. Also Ed Vedder made similar statements.
  • Options
    Joostone wrote:
    This article appeared online like six months before ST was finally released....

Seattle rockers Pearl Jam have finished recording their currently untitled new album. They completed the extensive recording process just last week in Seattle.

Guitarist Stone Gossard believes that the unusually long recording effort will be understood when the public hears the album. "This is the best music, as a collective, that we have written... probably ever", says Gossard. He says that "while we have experimented and extended ourselves once again, the simplicity and edge of our writing this time can be heard - these songs are all ones we are very proud of".

-While a lot of the album is "as heavy and bone-crunching as our earlier material", Gossard is most proud of the melodic songs such as "Dawn" - written over 4 months by co-guitarist Mike McCready - and the Who-like "Alarms Of Nautical", by Gossard himself.

"We are always expected to have a heavy tilt in our songs, and we have done that here and love doing that. But this album feels more than a bunch of rock songs like our last couple... and not to demean those... but this was a massive ride for us, a big jump, and we hope it can be heard".

The first song, "To Our Home", is a quiet song by lead singer Eddie Vedder, unmistakeably about his new baby girl. "Yeah we let Ed indulge on that one a bit there, but it is a fantastic, pretty track to start off. After that we blow the amps (laughs)".

The track listing is as follows:

01. To Our Home (Vedder)
    02. Marker (Gossard/Vedder)
    03. Dawn (McCready)
    04. Crapshoot Rapture (Gossard/McCready/Ament)
    05. Worldwide Suicide (Gossard/McCready)
    06. Severed Hand (Vedder)
    07. Echoes (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)
    08. Cold Concession (Cameron)
    09. Alarms Of Nautical (Gossard)
    10. The Streets (Vedder)
    11. Of The Earth (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)

The first single (to be released in November) will be "Echoes" with the non-album B-Sides "Thank You" and "I Believe In Miracles Live 9/1/05". The band, currently on tour in Canada, will visit Latin America in November before releasing the album in early December. Although no certain dates have been made, manager Kelly Curtis has confirmed a possible 2006 tour of Australia and New Zealand, followed by a full-scale visit to Europe.

Some of these are renamed: 'dawn' = inside job??, alarms=life wasted, crapshoot=comatse...

but others seem to be unreleased: echoes, to our home....

Added to primary list on first page. I am quite curious about "Alarms Of Nautical" - that title is AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    I have a strong feeling that 'alarms of nautical' = 'life wasted'
  • Options
    Joostone wrote:
    I have a strong feeling that 'alarms of nautical' = 'life wasted'

Let me first state, that this may well be the case, but *why* do you think this... The original title sounds a lot more promising ;):D
  • Options
    well..I kinda based on the description in the article...same with 'dawn' being 'inside job'....

but this article could still be fake..not sure.. ;)
  • Options
    Joostone wrote:
    well..I kinda based on the description in the article...same with 'dawn' being 'inside job'....

but this article could still be fake..not sure.. ;)

I am just mind boggled about these titles. (I mean this title "Alarms of Nautical" is beautiful. In the same way I am curious about Echoes (maybe Parachutes?) and "Our Home".) I almost want to crawl to TenC and beg them to release these songs :lol: . I mean, Of the Earth, sounds mindblowing live. A band that considers "Fatal" and "Sad" as "Lost Dogs" have some gems in their pockets.

I still want to hear "cold concession", even though I heard/ read somewhere that this is probably Army Reserve. The original though, I had read somewhere else again, was aprox. an 8 minute jam! :shock: I just feel like they left so many things out during this period and since they became independent. Why release EP's, if you can release another double CD with outtakes and some other rarities? (Think of Angel, Santa God, Olympic Platinum - it doesn't all have to be outtakes.) I know I will buy it. I know that many of us will buy it. It will not be considered an "official new album" by fans or critics, but for the PJ fan and collector def. an album of interest. Besides, I would love to read the liner notes :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    I would be pissed if Ole ever made it onto a studio recorded album. For some reason, that song makes me mad, and not in a good way. Are people.including it on their fantasy track lists just because it unfortunately exists, or because they think it's a good song? ...

I haven't seen anyone mention ALTAR yet (but haven't read the whole thread). That is my #1 to include in a Lost Dogs 2! A freshly recorded version of Catholic Boy would be a cool cover for it too. And a fully involved version of It's Okay would also be cool if there is room for another cover.

But some great suggestions in this thread, minus Ole of course! I would do backflips if PJ actually did this! It would be amazing!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I would be pissed if Ole ever made it onto a studio recorded album. For some reason, that song makes me mad, and not in a good way. Are people.including it on their fantasy track lists just because it unfortunately exists, or because they think it's a good song? ...

I haven't seen anyone mention ALTAR yet (but haven't read the whole thread). That is my #1 to include in a Lost Dogs 2! A freshly recorded version of Catholic Boy would be a cool cover for it too. And a fully involved version of It's Okay would also be cool if there is room for another cover.

But some great suggestions in this thread, minus Ole of course! I would do backflips if PJ actually did this! It would be amazing!

For myself ALTAR stand for???
  • Options
    thanks for giving me a bunch of songs to look up on youtube
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Oh no, sorry for the bad caps. The song is called Altar. An original song. I think it was only performed once ever, back in 1995. For some reason it's not listed on the 10c site as ever existing. I don't know why that would be... I assume there is a reason, possibly personal?? Someone suggested it was a tag to Better Man, but it seems like its own song to me. It's on Gremmie. And it's awesome!!

Here is a thread I found about it when I discovered the song.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=132129&p=4280816&hilit=altar#p4280816
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Good luck with that. For if they were on you tube - besides the christmas singles - than you are in luck. So far these song titles are collected from articles and various other sources; not you tube.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Oh no, sorry for the bad caps. The song is called Altar. An original song. I think it was only performed once ever, back in 1995. For some reason it's not listed on the 10c site as ever existing. I don't know why that would be... I assume there is a reason, possibly personal?? Someone suggested it was a tag to Better Man, but it seems like its own song to me. It's on Gremmie. And it's awesome!!

Is that the song with "words they seem out of place?" (or something like that.) I love that tune. I always considered it an improv however just like "this 'the part where I play the Pope" and some other songs they sang at that time. (Yeastie Girls is still an high light.) This one was one of their better improvs though. I always thought it was called "Words Out of Place" or "Out of Place"; I heard several diff. titles.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Is that the song with "words they seem out of place?" (or something like that.) I love that tune. I always considered it an improv however just like "this 'the part where I play the Pope" and some other songs they sang at that time. (Yeastie Girls is still an high light.) This one was one of their better improvs though. I always thought it was called "Words Out of Place" or "Out of Place"; I heard several diff. titles.
    It could be an improv, but it's not posted as an improv on this website, so I have no reason to assume that necessarily ... it could have been written as a song, who knows. We probably never will, since PJ has decided that it never happened. :lol: I think this is my white whale because it's been turned into a mystery b/c the band hasn't acknowledged it... I don't know if there are any other songs or improvs where this is the case? If so, I don't know of them. Yes, as mentioned in the thread about it along with the lyrics, it's been called Words seem out of place... since PJ has never named it as far as i know, any title is just fan-generated, so I go with Altar. :)
  • Options

Good luck with that. For if they were on you tube - besides the christmas singles - than you are in luck. So far these song titles are collected from articles and various other sources; not you tube.
    Some of the songs named are on YouTube... not all, but some. Others are on Gremmie too. But you're right, some are hard or next to impossible, or actually imlossible to find.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Some of the songs named are on YouTube... not all, but some. Others are on Gremmie too. But you're right, some are hard or next to impossible, or actually imlossible to find.

Yep, all the christmas songs and songs that ended on soundtracks. They are all on youtube or gremmie. The outtakes however (mind you; the studio versions) are so far I know impossible to find. If you do find it, let us know... But I rather wait for original releases at some point. (I keep hoping and keep getting my fingers crossed that at some point we hear these tunes.)
    Post edited by fortyshades on
  • Options
    @PJ_Soul

Altar is as good as any... God knows, maybe this is one of the infamous Cigarette Songs with slight lyrical changes. (Ashes are all on my tray, ashes fall from my altar. Ashes seem out of place.) ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yep, all the christmas songs and songs that ended on soundtracks. They are all on youtube or gremmie. The outtakes however (mind you; the studio versions) are so far I know impossible to find. If you do find it, let us know... But I rather wait for original releases at some point. (I keep hoping and keep getting my fingers crossed that at some point we hear these tunes.)
    Yeah, I've got recordings that aren't singles or soundtracks. Demos and bootlegs ... but it's all on my computer at work, so can't help further than that at the moment. Some shit floating around came from stuff like a tape that some friend of the band got and passed around and then someone finally passed around the mp3, that kind of thing ... some hard to find shit (although there are a some early demos on Gremmie too), but some of the rare stuff is floating around out there.
  • Options
    @PJ_Soul

well, if they are floating around even more reason to get Lost Dogs and Stray Cats out there. They are already propably produced and mastered. Or they only raw versions. And is Alarms of Nautical eventually "Life Wasted"? If so, I can scrap it from the list. What about Cold Conscession?
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Does anyone know what the title of the extra song on BackSpacer was that was given to only a small group of people?

:shock: :shock:

Anyone ????
  • Options
    *bump*

Maybe it was Olé? Anyone?
  • Options
    *bump*

Maybe it was Olé? Anyone?

I doubt it. didn't Brenda O'Brien call the extra track "amazing" or something like that?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014