Lost dogs 2 / Stray Cats and other outtakes

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    - Cold Concession (ST sessions)
    - 2x4 (ST sessions)
    - Chinese (demo)
    - Wishing well

- Life at the Point of Now (ST sessions)
    - Transcendental Mental Clarity

Hey, would you care to tell me what these are all about?! Pretty Please! :P Never heard of them.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    - 2x4 (ST sessions)
    - Chinese (demo)
    - Wishing well

Hey, would you care to tell me what these are all about?! Pretty Please! :P Never heard of them.

You can get Wishing Well here:

http://www.gremmie.net/patchwork/anything-in-between

Chinese is here:

http://www.gremmie.net/demos/ten-demos

For some reason, I have a feeling 2x4 became Marker in the Sand. I can't remember where I heard that. I think Cold Concession became a song on Avocado too. Can't remember which one though.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    rrivers wrote:
    - 2x4 (ST sessions)
    - Chinese (demo)
    - Wishing well

Chinese is here:

For some reason, I have a feeling 2x4 became Marker in the Sand. I can't remember where I heard that. I think Cold Concession became a song on Avocado too. Can't remember which one though.

Very cool, thank you! I loved discovering all the obscure b-sides back in the day. I hope some more gems will surface one day soon.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    How about "Stray cats?"

They could do all covers or something. Just as a warm-up for their cd with original music. :P

I love Lost Dogs. It has so many good songs in it! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    rrivers wrote:
    Agreed. I love Sunburn too. That Stoney G. can write a song, and sing one too!!

Sunburn is an awesome tune.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    rrivers wrote:
    - 2x4 (ST sessions)
    - Chinese (demo)
    - Wishing well

Chinese is here:

Could it be that Cold Concession became Army Reserve? I def. had read somewhere though that it was a 20 minute jam.
    Added Sunburn, Wishing Well and Outta My Mind on the original list... And the title Stray Cats ;)

I'm still looking for the list of all the song titles of Riot Act. I believe it was on an Italian site somewhere...
    Ok. I found also these songs. Can anyone confirm if these are outtakes?

Set Me Up (Knock Me Down) (No Code out take, 1996)
    Linedraw (No Code out take, 1996)
    Xer (Yield out take, 1997)
    Straight and Narrow (Ten Out take, 1990)
    And here are some more... My Italian sucks, but can someone tell me if these are valid sources?

http://www.pearljamonline.it/outtakes.htm
  • DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    In the Lost Dogs CD there are photogrpahs of a huge number of box files full of Reels of recorded material.

Anything In Between is one of them,
    I can also make out :
    Change
    No Losing
    Your Face
    Fallen
    The Little Word
    The Big Word
    I can't make out the rest
  • Dazzler wrote:
    In the Lost Dogs CD there are photogrpahs of a huge number of box files full of Reels of recorded material.

I can also make out :
    Change
    No Losing
    Your Face
    Fallen
    The Little Word
    The Big Word

This is what I mean (see previous post in this thread) pure sadism. And looking for them is pure... well...

It could of course be that some of these songs turned into later album versions. I can imagine that The Big Word change into Big Wave... "Fallen" keeps returning however. (Could that be eventually Long Nights?) If I get some more confirmation I put them on the list... This is slowly turning into an outtakes list...

I guess I am just in desperate need for some b-sides ;)
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    Dazzler wrote:

I can also make out :
    Change
    No Losing
    Your Face
    Fallen
    The Little Word
    The Big Word

This is what I mean (see previous post in this thread) pure sadism. And looking for them is pure... well...

It could of course be that some of these songs turned into later album versions. I can imagine that The Big Word change into Big Wave... "Fallen" keeps returning however. (Could that be eventually Long Nights?) If I get some more confirmation I put them on the list... This is slowly turning into an outtakes list...

Yeah my view is that a lot of the songs in the Lost Dogs picture were turned into other songs. I remember seeing a "Pledge My Grievance", which obviously became "Grievance". But who knows with these fuckers...any band that judges "Sad" not to be one of the best songs in the Binaural period probably has their equivalent of Physical Graffitti sitting on those shelves.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Added Sunburn, Wishing Well and Outta My Mind on the original list... And the title Stray Cats ;)

I'm still looking for the list of all the song titles of Riot Act. I believe it was on an Italian site somewhere...

:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310

Hello

Where do you find this song ?

I have began a list like that on your french forum ... what do you (all) think about it ? ... There are missing ?

http://www.pjbootstrading.org/phpBB3/vi ... f=2&t=4782

johann
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • yoyo wrote:

Hello

I have began a list like that on your french forum ... what do you (all) think about it ? ... There are missing ?

johann

That is some comprehensive list you have there... Many of the outtakes I found on the italian site I linked above. No idea, how I found it. I used the search engine, but because my italian is non-existent, it is mostly hit and miss. I can understand some words, but that's it. (I remember how to say "cheers" once; the only word I know in almost all languages - which says a lot about me - but have even forgotten that one.) I do think that Rise and Fall = Of the Earth (what I can make out of the lyrics) - but who knows. I didn't know btw that Letters to the Dead had diff. lyrics than Sad.
  • rrivers wrote:
    Dazzler wrote:

I can also make out :
    Change
    No Losing
    Your Face
    Fallen
    The Little Word
    The Big Word

Yeah my view is that a lot of the songs in the Lost Dogs picture were turned into other songs. I remember seeing a "Pledge My Grievance", which obviously became "Grievance". But who knows with these fuckers...any band that judges "Sad" not to be one of the best songs in the Binaural period probably has their equivalent of Physical Graffitti sitting on those shelves.

That and "Fatal", which is also a gem. Sometimes I think that PJ pick songs based on theme; which makes the outtakes so interesting. Who knows what other gems are out there. Binaural had this whole thing of "(re)birth and death" going on and I think that they wanted to incorporate different angles of this theme in the album. "Sad" (a.k.a. Letter to the Dead) fitted in perfectly btw, but maybe it disturbed the "flow" of the album too much. (In their opinion at least.) I can see a similar thing with "Fatal" - too many ballads. But both these songs are excellent. Like one critic of Lost Dogs once remarked; some artists would have died to record and write such songs: PJ shelves them. (Which says a lot about the quality of this band.)
  • yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    yoyo wrote:

Hello

johann

That is some comprehensive list you have there... Many of the outtakes I found on the italian site I linked above. No idea, how I found it. I used the search engine, but because my italian is non-existent, it is mostly hit and miss. I can understand some words, but that's it. (I remember how to say "cheers" once; the only word I know in almost all languages - which says a lot about me - but have even forgotten that one.) I do think that Rise and Fall = Of the Earth (what I can make out of the lyrics) - but who knows. I didn't know btw that Letters to the Dead had diff. lyrics than Sad.

ok ! like me ;) ... but I had never seen this ones ... for letter to the dead, it's just, the "over" instead of "every" in the beginning of the song ... and a different prod ! I will go update my list ! thx !
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Does anyone know what the title of the extra song on BackSpacer was that was given to only a small group of people?
  • ...or Lost Cats (1) or Stray Cats

With all the waiting for the new album going on and some serious (European) Pearl Jam and Ed Vedder concert withdrawals, I thought it might be fun to compile the new Lost Dogs 2 compilation, which will hopefully surface someday. (Especially because we saw no b-sides since ST.) So let your imagination and wishlist going...

The songs I hope will make the cut (updated):

- Angel
    - Face of Love
    - Leatherman
    - Man of the Hour (demo)
    - Speed of Sound (demo)
    - 2x4 (ST sessions)
    - Chinese (demo)
    - Wishing well
    - Ole
    - Hide Your Love Away
    - Crazy Mary
    - I've Got A Feeling
    - Leatherman II
    - Lukin (slow version, with strings, with a whole orchestra - punk meets classic)
    - Of the Earth (ST sessions)
    - Santa Cruz
    - Santa God
    - Don't Believe in Christmas
    - Sonic Reducer
    - Someday at Christmas (for they included some christmas singles on the first Lost Dogs)
    - Against the Seventies
    - No More
    - Golden State
    - I'm Still Here
    - Last Soldier (studio version)
    - Catholic Boys
    - Wishing Well (demo)
    - Sunburn (demo)
    - Outta My Mind (b-side)
    - Happy When Im Crying (xmas single 1997)
    - Fuck Me In The Brain (xmas single 1993)
    - Olympic Platinum (xmas single 1996)

Unconfirmed:

Cigarette Songs (Backspacer outtakes)
    Change (inside Lost Dogs (1) booklet)
    No Losing (inside Lost Dogs (1) booklet)
    Your Face (inside Lost Dogs (1) booklet)
    Fallen (inside Lost Dogs (1) booklet)
    The Little Word (inside Lost Dogs (1) booklet)
    The Big Word (inside Lost Dogs (1) booklet)
    April Bear (Riot Act sessions)
    Backfire (Riot Act sessions)
    Better Days (Riot Act sessions - supposedly different than the Ed Vedder solo song)
    Code Red (Riot Act sessions)
    Don't Follow (Riot Act sessions)
    Faster (Riot Act sessions)
    Had Enough (Riot Act sessions)
    Islands (Riot Act sessions - quite curious about this one)
    It's Too Late (Riot Act sessions)
    Keep Goin' (Riot Act sessions)
    Levels (Riot Act sessions)
    Meteorologist (Riot Act sessions)
    No Good Reason (Riot Act sessions)
    Searchlight (Riot Act sessions)
    Spin Cycle (Riot Act sessions)

Mind you: all these songs could be changed into later (official) songs with different titles. These are just known demo's or outtakes

And I know there is more...

I created a similar compilation a few years back but it included Lost Dogs tracks and the original versions of songs re-recorded for Lost Dogs...and other B-sides, etc. You can check it out here (http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2011/02/found-dogs.html) and use any of the tracks for your compilation...even though it appears you have most bases covered and might not find anything worth using.

I look forward to this. I've never heard of Life at the Point of Now or Cold Concession. Nor have I heard that Riot Act session stuff...I've just have the Matt Cameron demos that everybody else has.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I created a similar compilation a few years back but it included Lost Dogs tracks and the original versions of songs re-recorded for Lost Dogs...and other B-sides, etc. You can check it out here (http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2011/02/found-dogs.html) and use any of the tracks for your compilation...even though it appears you have most bases covered and might not find anything worth using.

I look forward to this. I've never heard of Life at the Point of Now or Cold Concession. Nor have I heard that Riot Act session stuff...I've just have the Matt Cameron demos that everybody else has.

Cold Concession was mentioned in an interview once. I believe by Jeff. The Riot Act stuff I got from this Italian site, which are pretty spot on with other topics, but not officially confirmed. For some reason I have never heard Anything in Between. I heard a song once with other artists, and a few lines that Ed sings - is that the same song?
  • I created a similar compilation a few years back but it included Lost Dogs tracks and the original versions of songs re-recorded for Lost Dogs...and other B-sides, etc. You can check it out here (http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2011/02/found-dogs.html) and use any of the tracks for your compilation...even though it appears you have most bases covered and might not find anything worth using.

Cold Concession was mentioned in an interview once. I believe by Jeff. The Riot Act stuff I got from this Italian site, which are pretty spot on with other topics, but not officially confirmed. For some reason I have never heard Anything in Between. I heard a song once with other artists, and a few lines that Ed sings - is that the same song?

No it's a Binaural-era outtake. It was unearthed one the same promo disc that unearthed Sunburn and Puzzles And Games if I'm not mistaken.

What's the Italian site with the Riot Act stuff?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

No it's a Binaural-era outtake. It was unearthed one the same promo disc that unearthed Sunburn and Puzzles And Games if I'm not mistaken.

What's the Italian site with the Riot Act stuff?

It is in this thread somewhere... The joke is: I can't read Italian.

• It is in this thread somewhere... The joke is: I can't read Italian.

Oh shit...I have that site on my list of favorites and have for many years. Just haven't searched the site in a while and never came across them. Thanks.

But wait...how do I download them? I'm not seeing the links.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

• It is in this thread somewhere... The joke is: I can't read Italian.

Oh shit...I have that site on my list of favorites and have for many years. Just haven't searched the site in a while and never came across them. Thanks.

But wait...how do I download them? I'm not seeing the links.

No downloads, just titles of the songs... That is why I created this Lost Dogs/ Stray Cats or Found Puppies thread; I just want to hear these songs. We had no b-sides, heard rumors of EP's and these song titles, well, they tickle my imagination.
  • DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
  • Dazzler wrote:

Hahaha, thanks Dazzler ;) . List stays the same however and still unconfirmed... (Unfortunately.) If someone know the title of the "extra" BS song, please let me know...
  • Added Anything in Between on the original list...
  • I was thinking about this the other day;

We've had Jeff's NAIS demo and Matts fixer demo on the s/t but how about some other band members' demos of stuff?

Surely there is demos that they recorded and took to the band which were then worked into full PJ songs?

Mike's instrumental demos of Faithfull or Brain Of J perhaps? Or a Stone demo with him singing Thin Air?

I initially thought this as I was listening to Thin Air and thought how cool it would be to hear Stone singing it.
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Keep Goin' (Riot Act sessions)

That song is at least as old as Ten...
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Jerome230 wrote:
    Keep Goin' (Riot Act sessions)

That song is at least as old as Ten...

Really? Ok, changed it on the main page...