Options

Pearl Jam 2012 Bootlegs 24 Bit FLAC & ALAC - HD Formats

Comments

• Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    Has anyone had any success installing the Fluke plug-in for iTunes that allows FLAC files to be played in that media player? Wondering if that plug-in will also allow for FLAC-HD files to be played in iTunes.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Wish I could help you out on the ALAC-HD PJ audio goodness for your Apple software's but I'm iApple free. Don't own or think I will ever get on their bandwagon.
  • Options
    Never jumped on any bandwagon. I have used their itouch for years cause its a great product. I can easily convert FLAC HD to my ipod but was curious on getting this ALAC HD to work. Thanks
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,356
    Never jumped on any bandwagon. I have used their itouch for years cause its a great product. I can easily convert FLAC HD to my ipod but was curious on getting this ALAC HD to work. Thanks

I suggest you email customer service at livedownloads.com ..... I emailed them asking for some general info regarding the HD formats and they got back to me within 12 hours. When emailing them you are asked to select an email topic - I found this produced a generic response from their end. There were no pre-determined topics that mentioned HD formats. I emailed them back and kindly asked them to respond to my original questions and they did - quite well in my opinion.

Good luck
  • Options
    BF89905 wrote:

I suggest you email customer service at livedownloads.com ..... I emailed them asking for some general info regarding the HD formats and they got back to me within 12 hours. When emailing them you are asked to select an email topic - I found this produced a generic response from their end. There were no pre-determined topics that mentioned HD formats. I emailed them back and kindly asked them to respond to my original questions and they did - quite well in my opinion.

Good luck

I emailed them last night and they responded first thing this morning. 22 emails later and we are still trying to figure it out. I give them props for sticking with it throughout the day and hopefully it'll get fixed soon. Thanks for your suggestion.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    iTunes won't play FLAC.
    FLAC is just a packaging it comes in so to speak. Must convert it to WAV or AIFF to play in iTunes. DL Mac program xACT - choose 'decode' option - drag FLAC files into xACT - choose to decode to WAV or AIFF - choose place to save new decoded files - drag newly decoded files iTunes. Before you play them - change Audio set up in Mac System Preferences to support 24 bit / 96 khz - GO!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    AAJC wrote:
    Has anyone had any success installing the Fluke plug-in for iTunes that allows FLAC files to be played in that media player? Wondering if that plug-in will also allow for FLAC-HD files to be played in iTunes.
    DbPowerAmp will convert them
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Won't VLC Player play just about every format known to man, both Mac and PC? I know it's nicer to have everything nice and organized in iTunes, but at least you can play them with VLC.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Won't VLC Player play just about every format known to man, both Mac and PC? I know it's nicer to have everything nice and organized in iTunes, but at least you can play them with VLC.
    This.

iTunes does not play FLAC files, but VLC Player will play any file under the sun...and with the right equipment, can be streamed or played through your home audio system without any problems.
  • Options
    Can someone catch me up, is this the PJ released bootleg? It doesn't seem to be but Brett Eliason was listed and I know he's the guy...

Thanks
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    I can play the ALAC HD tracks through my computer itunes library no problem. I have Harmon Kardon speakers and it sounds clearly better than any other PJ bootleg.From what I read before hand, I was expecting to be able to transfer them to my ipod without having to convert them and lose quality going from 24bit to 16bit.
  • Options
    tattsun8tattsun8 Posts: 61
    (Newer) iPods can play ALAC-HD
    I don't know why livedownloads says so that, but this means iPods can play 24bit 96kHz wav. iOS doesn't support 24bit 96kHz ALAC. So, when you go to transfer it, it says it can't. However, iOS can play 24bit 48kKHz ALAC.

There is a app for 24bit 96KHz FLAC, called "FLAC Player(Dan Leehr L.L.C.)." But this app can play 24bit 96KHz FLAC as 16bit 48KHz FLAC. This app also can play 24bit 96kHz FLAC playback on iPad with USB DAC and Camera Connection Kit under iOS 4.3.(see website).
    http://hammockdistrict.com/flacplayer-faqs/

Anyway, if you want to play full fat 96KHz on your iPods, you neet to convert them to wav. The full fat 96KHz ALAC play fine in iTunes on your Mac, though, so don't discard them.

And If you use Windows Vista or Windows7, I highly recommend foobar2000 and WASAPI output than VLC.
    PJNO
    10JP
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    demetrios wrote:
    Wish I could help you out on the ALAC-HD PJ audio goodness for your Apple software's but I'm iApple free. Don't own or think I will ever get on their bandwagon.
    At the risk of hi-jacking this thread to make it into something else... The 'avoiding the bandwagon' argument is a little silly.
    I prefer Apple products because my first experiences with them in any market were my best ones.Three CD players, then two MP3 players until I caved and bought an iPod photo, and loved the interface immediately.
    I remember MS-DOS, then Windows 95, then 98, then 2000 (Millenium Edition), then XP, all with numerous different machines. I bought a Mac five years ago and find myself far less frustrated than with any of them, and I know I'm not in the minority on this one anymore. For the record, I have Windows 7 installed on it as well, and think I've used it twice.
    The bandwagon effect may have been in play at one point, but nowadays, the value that Apple has inherently placed on a solid and uncompromising user experience is finally being appreciated. I have no problem supporting a popular product if it is well-made, and I have no problem leaving a popular brand if their product begins to lag behind the competition - but I sure as hell won't make my decisions based on the public's consensus, and to suggest that many people do seems a bit naive, especially when entry-level Apple devices tend to come at a premium over similarly spec-ed alternatives.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    tattsun8 wrote:
    (Newer) iPods can play ALAC-HD
    I don't know why livedownloads says so that, but this means iPods can play 24bit 96kHz wav. iOS doesn't support 24bit 96kHz ALAC. So, when you go to transfer it, it says it can't. However, iOS can play 24bit 48kKHz ALAC.

There is a app for 24bit 96KHz FLAC, called "FLAC Player(Dan Leehr L.L.C.)." But this app can play 24bit 96KHz FLAC as 16bit 48KHz FLAC. This app also can play 24bit 96kHz FLAC playback on iPad with USB DAC and Camera Connection Kit under iOS 4.3.(see website).
    http://hammockdistrict.com/flacplayer-faqs/

Anyway, if you want to play full fat 96KHz on your iPods, you neet to convert them to wav. The full fat 96KHz ALAC play fine in iTunes on your Mac, though, so don't discard them.

And If you use Windows Vista or Windows7, I highly recommend foobar2000 and WASAPI output than VLC.
    Thanks for the info. I downloaded the APP and it works great. Would it be safe to say that FLACs being played through the app will have better sound quality then if I used dbpoweramp to convert the flac into apple lossless?
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    At the risk of hi-jacking this thread to make it into something else... The 'avoiding the bandwagon' argument is a little silly.
    I prefer Apple products because my first experiences with them in any market were my best ones.Three CD players, then two MP3 players until I caved and bought an iPod photo, and loved the interface immediately.
    I remember MS-DOS, then Windows 95, then 98, then 2000 (Millenium Edition), then XP, all with numerous different machines. I bought a Mac five years ago and find myself far less frustrated than with any of them, and I know I'm not in the minority on this one anymore. For the record, I have Windows 7 installed on it as well, and think I've used it twice.
    The bandwagon effect may have been in play at one point, but nowadays, the value that Apple has inherently placed on a solid and uncompromising user experience is finally being appreciated. I have no problem supporting a popular product if it is well-made, and I have no problem leaving a popular brand if their product begins to lag behind the competition - but I sure as hell won't make my decisions based on the public's consensus, and to suggest that many people do seems a bit naive, especially when entry-level Apple devices tend to come at a premium over similarly spec-ed alternatives.

I just don't find the Apple product that interesting to me. Since my first PC back in '99, the Windows operating system is pretty much what I use. For all software's & applications .. burning, for editing, for surfing & for all entertaining apps, I just don't have a need or wanting for the Apple system. And I'm a huge Pearl Jam audio & video digital junkie. With over 10+ TB's of downloadable PJ goodness alone, I'm very satisfied with the Windows software on the applications my Pearl Jam digital goodies are running on. There is no want or need to run any of it on an Apple product. All I see is the mass advertising of in your face Apple products on TV, radio, newspapers etc.. brainwashing the people to buy their massively produced Made in China products. I played around my friends iPad & iPod and still I didn't find them to my liking. :|
  • Options
    Alrighty folks -

Turns out I was able to burn myself a "music DVD" using Roxio Toast Platinum (version 11). I popped the first disc into my Sony BR player and BOOM!!!! The program basically burned me a DVD, complete with menu and all to play the show on my home stereo. The program did allow for a 'stereo' option vs. 5.1 surround sound - and the option to choose 24 bit/96 khz audio was there. So, the big test in the stereo and WOW. Best sounding boots they've done. :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    What is the difference between FLAC and FLAC-HD?
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    Hi graham here.I purchased the 2nd manchester show and converted the flac hd files to wav files.I burnt the dvd using express burn disc software,but when i play it on my LG bluray player it comes up that the wav audio file is not supported.Is there any other way i can get these hd files to play on my LG bluray player?could anybody help me out?thanks.
  • Options
    vedderman wrote:
    What is the difference between FLAC and FLAC-HD?

FLAC are recorded at 16 bit/44 kHz, whereas HD FLAC is recorded at 24 bit/ 96 kHz.
    Larger file sizes for Flac-HD.
    No dynamic compression or limiting for Flac-HD.
  • Options
    grahammur wrote:
    Hi graham here.I purchased the 2nd manchester show and converted the flac hd files to wav files.I burnt the dvd using express burn disc software,but when i play it on my LG bluray player it comes up that the wav audio file is not supported.Is there any other way i can get these hd files to play on my LG bluray player?could anybody help me out?thanks.

Hey Graham

My best guess is that your software didn't burn a "music DVD" or DVD-video" (both terms used interchangeably). If you just straight put those WAV files on a DVD and burned them, your Blu-Ray player might not recognize it in that particular format. So, I've discovered that making a DVD with a menu (or some kind of 'video' component) along with those HD files, that my Sony Blu-Ray recognized and played the disc. I used Roxio Toast 11 for Mac to burn me a 'stereo' music DVD and it also gave me a 24 bit - 96 khz option to preserve the HD goodness on those files. Keep us posted on your progress - I think we can help each other figure out how to do what these audiophiles have been doing for 3-4 years now.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hi graham here again.i tried to burn the wav files again to dvd,but my LG blu ray still says it doesn't support the audio format.i ordered new burning software nero 11.i am waiting for this to arrive.if i burn the wav files to a blank blu ray disc would my LG blu ray recognise the files? thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    Isle Of Wight Flac-HD today!!! :)
  • Options
    Isle of Wight HD is up!!! :D

EU1Sm.png?1
  • Options
    Can anyone help - I just purchased IOW through the store as the MP3 download, but the link it gives me just downloads a zero byte file. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    Can anyone help - I just purchased IOW through the store as the MP3 download, but the link it gives me just downloads a zero byte file. Am I doing something wrong?

Does it work now? It's a fresh upload. Give it time or best contact 10club.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Nope, still a zero byte zip file :(
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Nope, still a zero byte zip file :(

D'oh! Any word back from 10club?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    D'oh! Any word back from 10club?

Not yet, emailed about an hour ago but am yet to hear
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 446

Think I had the same problem when I purchased the Vic bootleg a few weeks ago. It would not download at all via Internet Explorer. But then I tried firefox and it worked fine. Not sure if it might be worth trying a different browser if you haven't already?
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    CornishMan wrote:

Think I had the same problem when I purchased the Vic bootleg a few weeks ago. It would not download at all via Internet Explorer. But then I tried firefox and it worked fine. Not sure if it might be worth trying a different browser if you haven't already?

Am on a Mac - tried FF, Chrome and Safari and none worked. Went and had some dinner, came back and now it's downloading.

So that's tonight sorted!