Options

Gen Admis ethics

13»

Comments

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Count me out. I've read enough in this thread to know enough to get my half pint sized body that's already sore from injuries out of GA with all you tall people already assuming position. If anyone wants to trade their 10c seats with me for GA tix, pm me.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Count me out. I've read enough in this thread to know enough to get my half pint sized body that's already sore from injuries out of GA with all you tall people already assuming position. If anyone wants to trade their 10c seats with me for GA tix, pm me.
    Are you going to the Missoula gig?
    You can survive on the floor, even if you are petite. But, there's work involved.
    Also, the Pearl Jam gigs are not too bad, these days. Chili Peppers can get dicey. 'Rage' is a real rough crowd. Green Day was rough, but not as bad a Rage.
    The old day Pearl Jam gigs (1993), yeah... those were killers. We've mostly aged and that shit gets old after a while.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Lizard wrote:
    this is gonna be a lot more work than I thought!!!! :lol:

stick with me... ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    to answer the OP

Stay!!!

it will be mostly fan club people, so we will all look out for each other! or at least that is what i will do!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Still no takers for this? I'm surprised. We have people in our group with non-10C seats, who would trade in a heartbeat if you really want off the floor and can't find 10c seats.
    I agree with cosmo tho...you'd be fine on the floor if you were just willing to move around a bit. You might not want to stay too close....but a bit further back, or off to the side, I think you'd be fine, and still have a really good view.
    Lookin forward to meeting you :) :wave:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Still no takers for this? I'm surprised. We have people in our group with non-10C seats, who would trade in a heartbeat if you really want off the floor and can't find 10c seats.
    I agree with cosmo tho...you'd be fine on the floor if you were just willing to move around a bit. You might not want to stay too close....but a bit further back, or off to the side, I think you'd be fine, and still have a really good view.
    Surprised too. Jeanwah, also wanted to mention that I went to 6 shows in Europe but the floor was very civilized other than in Berlin, and the folks being "rough" were for the most part not 10c members. I was pretty amazed that at 4 of the 6 shows I was at, I had enough room around me to enjoy the show, jump up and down and not have anyone elbowing me, or trying to sneak up in front of me. Really think you'll be fine if you decide to stick to the floor but you should be able to make the trade you want so I'd hold out for a good seat if I were you :)
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Are you going to the Missoula gig?
    You can survive on the floor, even if you are petite. But, there's work involved.
    Also, the Pearl Jam gigs are not too bad, these days. Chili Peppers can get dicey. 'Rage' is a real rough crowd. Green Day was rough, but not as bad a Rage.
    The old day Pearl Jam gigs (1993), yeah... those were killers. We've mostly aged and that shit gets old after a while.

Can't wait for Missoula. I used to be able to squeeze into some tight spots close to front in GA (the benefit of being small). But since my legs aren't good anymore from my injuries and standing for that long of a time may be trying on them, I'm rethinking sticking with GA this time around. I remember the old days and used to stay clear from the pits, although it was great fun to watch. :lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Surprised too. Jeanwah, also wanted to mention that I went to 6 shows in Europe but the floor was very civilized other than in Berlin, and the folks being "rough" were for the most part not 10c members. I was pretty amazed that at 4 of the 6 shows I was at, I had enough room around me to enjoy the show, jump up and down and not have anyone elbowing me, or trying to sneak up in front of me. Really think you'll be fine if you decide to stick to the floor but you should be able to make the trade you want so I'd hold out for a good seat if I were you :)

Some folks w/ low 10c numbers know they'll have good seats so reluctance to give them up for the floor is the issue, so far. If I don't get seats, it'll be fine, I do have faith in most PJ fans, I know the crowd isn't like a Rage crowd and I do tend to stay near the back now. I'm thinking I'll have a better chance at finding 10c seats closer to the date anyway, though. No big deal for now!

Going to the pre-party Drowned Out? Looking forward to meeting you too! :wave:
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Going to the pre-party Drowned Out? Looking forward to meeting you too! :wave:
    Not totally sure what the plan is yet....there are a few of us, it will probably be a group decision. I would assume so. But if not, we'll be taking part in whatever craziness is happening at the KOA on Saturday, so maybe we can meet there.
  • Options
    small people up front no matter what time you show up
    anyone over 6ft...back of the floor you go with no chance to be upclose ever again
    seems fair to me
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    to answer the OP

Stay!!!

it will be mostly fan club people, so we will all look out for each other! or at least that is what i will do!

This. And have a little respect for the people that got in line at 4 am. If you want to be in front, get your lazy ass out of bed and get in line.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    There is obviously a brilliant solution for the queue problem in Japan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89_soJef ... r_embedded

:lol:
    I like it! :D
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Carey wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    to answer the OP

Stay!!!

This. And have a little respect for the people that got in line at 4 am. If you want to be in front, get your lazy ass out of bed and get in line.

[Wahhhh!]Some people have to work, some people have families, I have a life, and I can’t spend all day in line.[\Wahhhh!]

There should be a venue admission lottery.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tumblr_me47b6qWZR1qkbaapo1_500.jpg
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Carey wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    to answer the OP

Stay!!!

:clap:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Kathi wrote:
    Carey wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    to answer the OP

Stay!!!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    I've been to a lot of hard core (genre) concerts and the vibe is much different. I don't nesecarily think this would happen at a PJ concert, but I've seen people pushing get knocked the fuck out, dropped and bloodied. Again, don't think this would be the case at a PJ show, but you get my point, which is people don't like it. It's like cutting in line somewhere someone has been waiting a really long time.

Think of it like this. If everyone in GA had your mentality to do what they can to push and get up front, it would be another Rosklide situation.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    i did not PUSH at the MT show but secured a killer spot on the rail by getting in line at 2am day of the show...

Hope the lucky ones have a great time in chicago, be safe and if you want rail get there early!!!!!!!

the OP is No longer PUSHING PUSHING :D
  • Options
    Types of pushers
    - drunken asshole. Just pushes forward with no respect.
    - Drunken idiot. Similar to the above but he is so drunk you don't feel right hitting him.
    - My buddies are up there, guy. Pretends his friends are up ahead so you regrettingly let him through. You keep a close eye on him as he moves forward and then realize he duped you when he finally cant get any further. Pisses you off.
    - Cute girls. A couple of cute girls come through smiling. Most guys let them through because, well, they're cute girls and they smell nice and are usually below eye level, so not a big deal.
    - Cute girl as a cover. One girl, not necessarily cute but usually helps, asks nicely to get by. You let her through and her 4 male buddies follow right behind her.
    - Drunken dancer. This guy is drunk and dancing erratically, clearing space and allowing him to slowly creep forward. He throws his arms up in the air while dancing and then uses them to slice in between people like nobody knows what he is doing.
    - The Bruiser. Big dude, he knows it, you know it. Plows through people.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    GA sounds like gen pop. Glad I have seats.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    JimmyV wrote:

Yes it does. Along with the waiting outside the stadium for upteen hours makes me a lot less excited about GA. I'll probably be at the back of GA looking at the backs of heads. But then again, I'm not sure the seats will be all that much better, unless they are the seats to the side of GA. And I would not have been so lucky. In any case, I will continue to feel like I won something by getting GA......... humor me please.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    JimmyV wrote:

Yes it does. Along with the waiting outside the stadium for upteen hours makes me a lot less excited about GA. I'll probably be at the back of GA looking at the backs of heads. But then again, I'm not sure the seats will be all that much better, unless they are the seats to the side of GA. And I would not have been so lucky. In any case, I will continue to feel like I won something by getting GA......... humor me please.

Will do. :D

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

You'll be fine. Your tall enough to see the stage well & Butch is big enough to protect you. If your 15-20 people back, the space around you isn't too bad. And if your on Stone's side there is less craziness & a little more "personal" space :lol: . As for me, I'll be on Mike's side 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Kathi wrote:
    Carey wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    to answer the OP

Stay!!!

Hey, I'm all for this. I always think effort should be rewarded. I have the same opinion when it comes to tickets, thus I am for F5 and against the lottery. No one can seem to tell me why a lottery is good for tickets, yet not good for venue entry. All the same lame ass excuses apply about having a job, family, a life, etc.
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,030
    PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    JimmyV wrote:

You'll be fine. Your tall enough to see the stage well & Butch is big enough to protect you. If your 15-20 people back, the space around you isn't too bad. And if your on Stone's side there is less craziness & a little more "personal" space :lol: . As for me, I'll be on Mike's side 8-) .

I can't guarantee Butch will be my body guard. At the Sound Garden show in Chicago last week I was down in GA 2nd from the rail by myself. Butch was in the balcony sitting down. I guess if things had gotten too rough he could have rushed down the stairs, pushed through the pit, and rescued me. :D He probably won't wait in line either. Oh well, I am still happy about GA and looking forward to it - just trying to figure out a game plan. See you in the pit!!!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi