Options

Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited September 2018
    You're not wrong for having that mindset but it's also not wrong for the fan to want to catch a ball in the stands.  When you go to a game as a fan, you're expected to be on the lookout for foul balls for your own personal safety.  We all say we'd back off but until you're there, in the moment, you don't know what your knee jerk reaction might be. Bottom line is the game is played on the field, not in the box seats.  The fan didn't reach into the field of play and cause interference, he had every right to that ball.  Good on Rizzo for getting back to position and focusing on the next play instead of throwing a hissy fit like Moises Alou.  That was the most despicable, shameful moment in franchise history that night in 2003 from a player and fan standpoint and I will never not defend a fan trying to catch a ball out of the field of play.
  • Options
    And for the love of William Wrigley, Yosh Kawano, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Harry Caray, Jack Brickhouse, Cap Anson, Hack Wilson, & Three Finger Brown can we please just win today and take a full game lead?!!
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    you guys have this in the bag, a broken cards team, and an overachieving pirates squad are ripe for defeat
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    And for the love of William Wrigley, Yosh Kawano, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Harry Caray, Jack Brickhouse, Cap Anson, Hack Wilson, & Three Finger Brown can we please just win today and take a full game lead?!!
    Yes sir! I’m taking my 5 year old son to his very first Cubs game so I have faith he will bring a little good luck to the team. I hope! 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    bbiggs said:
    Yes sir! I’m taking my 5 year old son to his very first Cubs game so I have faith he will bring a little good luck to the team. I hope! 
    Awesome! Enjoy the game tonight. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Thanks buddy. Excited for my son to see the most magical place on Earth for the first time. 
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Thanks buddy. Excited for my son to see the most magical place on Earth for the first time. 
    Enjoy it man.  I can't wait until my son is old enough.  Counting the days. 
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Enjoy it man.  I can't wait until my son is old enough.  Counting the days. 
    Thanks pal. 
  • Options
    I really wish today's game was a day game. I've wanted all the games this week to hurry up and be over so I could just know the damn outcome. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Nice to see Lester work out of that.
  • Options
    Mr clutch David Bote getting it done with the triple too.  Let's hope Lester can go the distance
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Jesse Chavez......Closer
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    Jesse Chavez......Closer
    What about Edwards??? :lol:

There really is no other option, is there? And he has been pretty damn good since he came to the Cubs.
  • Options
    Didn't get to watch the game cuz it was wing night... but glad we got the [_W_] !!
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    How'd the little guy enjoy the "W"?
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    He loved it, man. Thanks for asking. He was in complete awe of the whole experience. The hot dog, seventh inning stretch, singing “Go Cubs Go.” It was an awesome experience for us both. He woke up this morning talking about it and saying he wants to go every day. Lol. I had to reel him back in a bit. ;) 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    He loved it, man. Thanks for asking. He was in complete awe of the whole experience. The hot dog, seventh inning stretch, singing “Go Cubs Go.” It was an awesome experience for us both. He woke up this morning talking about it and saying he wants to go every day. Lol. I had to reel him back in a bit. ;) 

that is so awesome, man. wish I lived close to a ballpark. my niece in ATL is a huge Braves fan. gotta raise my daughter right. she already has Cubs shirts that she rocks at Kindergarten.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

that is so awesome, man. wish I lived close to a ballpark. my niece in ATL is a huge Braves fan. gotta raise my daughter right. she already has Cubs shirts that she rocks at Kindergarten.
    Awesome! That’s the way to do it. Get them started young. I took my daughter to her first game at age 5 as well in 2016. Being Cubs fans is in both of their DNA now. It’s cool to see. 
  • Options
    KB with a bomb to dead center. If he heats up, this offense can get scary in a hurry. 4-0 Cubbies...
  • Options
    8 rock solid innings by the professor. Love it! 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    bbiggs said:

when did they re-sign Greg Maddux?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:

If someone didn’t know he was long retired they might mistake Hendricks for him. He was painting corners Maddux style today. Great outing. 
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    We've got one crazy weekend ahead of us guys...wow.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    That’s so awesome! Glad he got to experience it, I’m sure that feeling is great for both of you! 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    That’s so awesome! Glad he got to experience it, I’m sure that feeling is great for both of you! 
    Thanks buddy! I’ve been to some great baseball games at a Wrigley but nothing tops seeing the joy in my kids at their first games. It’s truly a magical place, as all of us Cubs fans know. 
  • Options
    162 games is just plain ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Did anyone else see how Milwaukee won tonight? Detroit ties it in the top of 8. Bottom of 8, Braun hits a solo shot to go up by 1, but it’s only a HR because the Detroit right fielder lets the ball roll out of his glove and over the fence. It was like the ball was rolling along the edge in slow motion and just trickled over. These pesky ass Brewers just won’t go away. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:

If someone didn’t know he was long retired they might mistake Hendricks for him. He was painting corners Maddux style today. Great outing. 

maddux didn’t really paint corners.....he just got everything within 6” off :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:

maddux didn’t really paint corners.....he just got everything within 6” off :angry:
    He mesmerized the umps to the point that they had to call strikes. That’s some hall of fame shit right there.