Options

Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Love seeing Hendricks channeling his 2016 form as of late. #ProfessorOctober
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Dude has been lights out lately.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Yes sir. One of the most important players of the 2016 team. Dude had ice water in his veins. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,866
    Celebration coming at home against either the Buccos or the red birds. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Celebration coming at home against either the Buccos or the red birds. 
    I’m hoping for Thursday selfishly because I’ll be there. Gotta keep playing...
  • Options
    ^Fair enough, but it is always great making the red birds watch the Cubs celebrating.

Though, looks like it'll be the Crew and Birds in a 1 game playoff. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    1.5 shit is getting interesting 
  • Options
    Interesting or nerve wracking? ;)
  • Options
    Stupid Redbirds are no help.  They pretty much gifted Milwaukee 4 of their 6 runs last night.  How St. Louis is still even in playoff contention is beyond me.  It's like watching the Bad News Bears when they take the field. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Interesting or nerve wracking? ;)
    Interesting was the code word for nerve wracking. :pensive:
  • Options
    Brewers refuse to go away. Yelich is a stud. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Hey Dyer...I got this one:

Mother fucker!
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
  • Options
    Let me join in...Montgomery...motherfucker! 
  • Options
    These guys are really not up to the challenge of clinching, eh?  Going to spend 2 months with the best record in the league, and shit the bed in the last week.  Montgomery serving up dingers to a guy with 14 games under his belt?  They need a gut check right now, or they're going to lose the division and bow out in the play-in game
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    It’s not just Montgomery’s horse shit pitching either. The team can’t score f’n runs. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    It’s not just Montgomery’s horse shit pitching either. The team can’t score f’n runs. 
    Agreed.  Archer isn't even throwing strikes.  This isn't a championship team.  Time to accept that.  I said this months ago..... They're going to be a playoff team that gets swept out.... If they even make it to an actual series.  They may lose a play-in game
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    The Pirates are in their heads big time right now. Isn't it like 5 straight against them with 1 run plus 0 so far tonight?
  • Options
    Hey Dyer...I got this one:

Mother fucker!
    Nah, I’m done being the nice guy. FUCK THESE FUCKING LOSERS!!! Fuck em all. Enjoy golf next week you fucking bums.
  • Options
    So, my curiosity got the best of me. The 2018 Cubs are 8-8 against the Pirates. They have scored exactly 1 run of 8 of these games. This does not take into account tonights game.
  • Options
    So, my curiosity got the best of me. The 2018 Cubs are 8-8 against the Pirates. They have scored exactly 1 run of 8 of these games. This does not take into account tonights game.
    Translation...they suck. 
  • Options
    I’m changing my MVP vote to Yelich now. Baez you had a great run but Yelich is doing shit in the clutch WHEN IT FUCKING MATTERS! That’s what an MVP does. 
  • Options
    ^ Hate to say it but kind of agree. An objective vote probably goes to Yelich. I’d have to re-visit their season long numbers. 
  • Options
    Yelich may end up with a higher BA than Baez's OBP.  Yelich leads the league in BA, SLG, OPS, OPS+.  Has more runs, hits, walks, & fewer strikeouts than Baez.  Baez leads the league in RBI and total bases but only has 6 and 1 more than Yelich respectively in those categories.  Baez has 1 more homer, 4 more doubles, 2 more triples.  All negligible differences. Same number of stolen bases, Yelich has been caught less. Baez has left 60 more men on base the Yelich, and his BABIP is 20 points lower.
  • Options
    So Yelich for the win if I’m being objective. Plus he’s helping his team when it matters most. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    And we now basically need to win out.  We better turn it around against the Pirates today and tomorrow, then hope the Cardinals plays as terrible against us as they have the last 2 nights.  Maybe the damn redbirds can pick up a W tonight and hopefully Detroit can steal one against Milwaukee, but the bottom line is we can't rely on other teams beating Milwaukee.  Cubs just need to wake up and realize they have something to play for, and win their own damn games. Destiny is in their own hands.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    And we now basically need to win out.  We better turn it around against the Pirates today and tomorrow, then hope the Cardinals plays as terrible against us as they have the last 2 nights.  Maybe the damn redbirds can pick up a W tonight and hopefully Detroit can steal one against Milwaukee, but the bottom line is we can't rely on other teams beating Milwaukee.  Cubs just need to wake up and realize they have something to play for, and win their own damn games. Destiny is in their own hands.
    Cards will probably win out and miss the playoff by a game. Frustrating last couple games.
  • Options
    Yeah we really blew it here at the end of the season. Still up .5 game. We control our own destiny if we can win. 
  • Options
    Definitely a must win today to at least keep that 1/2 game lead. Then tomorrow is really important because they can pick up the extra 1/2 game.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    And I just want to say something here...

The amount of hatred, badmouthing, and often time utter disgust regarding the Cubs that has come from non-Cub fans these last 4 seasons is just absolutely astounding.  It's just utterly amazing how a team that has had a history of misfortune & shortcoming seems to get under the skin of so many people once they finally have some sot of continued success.  I really don't get it.  Seriously, what the fuck have the Chicago Cubs ever done to these people that just the sheer mention of anything good about the team makes their blood boil?  You don't see this scale of hatred & disgust for the Astros, the Indians, or the A's. You didn't see it for the Royals and Blue Jays who were in the ALCS just a couple years ago. You don't see it for the Nationals, the Brewers, the Rockies, or Diamondbacks.  And you really don't even see it for the Dodgers outside of Giants fans.  All of these teams have at least some recent history of not being very successful - at least in the postseason, if not at all together.  Yet these teams all get praise on a national scale now that they've either won or become perennial contenders.  I'm not saying everyone has to love the Cubs or become a fan.  But why all the hate??  I was absolutely elated for the Astros and Royals to win it all.  And even though they beat us in the NLCS, I was happy for the Dodgers that they made it back to the WS after a 30 year absence. And they gave us one of the best World Series I've ever witnessed with Houston last year.  I was happy we go to play the Indians 2 years ago because it meant someone was finally going to break a longstanding "curse."  Thank goodness we won, but if we would have lost, I'd have wanted it to be to the Indians.  It just makes me wonder, are people really that butt-hurt over the Cubs finally having some success that they are just hoping with every last breath to see them fall back into mediocrity again.  I mean, we have our own resident Cubs hater here, and for no good reason, especially given his team had a decades-long drought of their own.  I really just don't understand.  You'd think were the Yankees and have 26 titles they way people act about our team.  I mean, it honestly felt that, when we finally won it all, NO ONE was happy except Cubs fans and everyone else was fucking pissed.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    Bunch of haters, dude. Let them be.