London 2012 Olympics

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,876
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    right..when i hear or read hockey,my mind goes to field hockey
    I usually forget that field hockey even exists! :lol: When I say hockey, I ALWAYS mean ice hockey... it is the best sport in the history of the world, after all. ;)
    ill sent u a pm with my adress...for see this as the best sport,you must have the best drugs ever!!!
    sent me a package!@!! :mrgreen:
    I`m Canadian. Of course ice hockey is the greatest sport in the world, and no one could ever change my mind!! Oh, and I hate soccer with a passion. So boring!! And everyone dives and cries like babies when they scrape their elbow. :mrgreen:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I`m Canadian. Of course ice hockey is the greatest sport in the world, and no one could ever change my mind!! Oh, and I hate soccer with a passion. So boring!! And everyone dives and cries like babies when they scrape their elbow. :mrgreen:
    ok..so its not the drugs..is the cold of the north then! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    beach volley women semifinal

usa vs china
    amazing game

Walsh kickn ass
    guys...need to watch that!!!awesome beach volley
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

usa vs china
    amazing game

Walsh kickn ass
    It`s not fair that the men wear shirts and shorts, but the women are in bikinis. :evil: The men should wear speedos to even it up.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ok..so its not the drugs..is the cold of the north then! :D
    :lol: It was 36 C here yesterday! ... So I guess that proves that hockey is just the best sport! ;)

usa vs china
    amazing game

Walsh kickn ass
    wow!!!!!!what a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    100m hurdles women semi....rocks!!!
    btw...wtf with the false starts...one and u are out..no warnings anymre.
    the 3rd best time this year,is out..
    ok,im not sure if ill say that right..
    anyone knows about "spikes" shoes at high jump?
    they say that at high jumps and javelin athletes wear spikes at both front and back of the shoes..
    exept a russian athlete at high jump
    200m semifinals....

come on Ivet Lalova :)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I would love to be able to do the high jump. It looks so insanely cool.
    Enkidu wrote:
    I would love to be able to do the high jump. It looks so insanely cool.
    that Russian guy is awesome....
    Sanya Richards!!!1
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    awilkins wrote:

Edit: And an American telling Canada to "stay classy" is a 'pot calling the kettle black' of epic proportions.

It was sarcasm, learn it sometime. How is my comment the pot calling the kettle black? I didn't see the coach of team USA complaining bout Canada playing dirty a day before match, did you, nope. Infact the whole reason why those calls were made against Canada was cause of the bitching done by the coach of team Canada a day before the game and cause of the ratings and attendance USA vs Japan will bring into Wembley stadium. If it was Canada vs Japan at Wembley stadium would be half empty. Were those questionable, of course, but it happens in sports. You shut up and take your lumps and hold your head high. Team Canada went on one of the greatest runs in Olympic history and all people will remember them for is being whiny and they have noone to blame but themselves. Also Hope Solo played an awful game and had those same calls gone against team usa, I would be saying the same exact thing.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

discus..the german guy won gold medal...

watch his way celebrate... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chime wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    In order for the top players to play the major leagues would have to shou down for at least 2 weeks, that won't happen.

So may be it's not all the IOC's fault that baseball isn't in the Olympics ;)
    As i mentioned before, it`s not only that the MLB doesn`t want to shut down mid-season, but also that no team would allow their top players to go and compete and risk injury for games that aren`t even being played for the franchise that pays them millions of dollars a year. The NHL does do this for the winter Olympics, but ice hockey is a huge international sport among winter sports countries, while no one gives enough of a shit around the world for the MLB to risk it.

NHL might not be in the Olympics much longer unless the IOC and IIHF shows the NHL the money. Guaranteed their are way more countries that field competitive baseball teams than women's hockey and maybe even mens hockey. All you have to do is do the research...the major leagues employ people from every continent except Africa.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    final..100m hurdles women...

awesome....during rain!!!!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    YES! Finally properly back ahead of the Kiwis!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    FIFA to investigate soccer match

LONDON -- As the smoke lingers, an investigation has begun.

Soccer's governing body has announced it is looking into events that unfolded following Canada's devastating loss to the United States at the London Olympics. Canada lost 4-3 in its semifinal game on Monday, following a series of bizarre calls by the referee.

"Following the Olympic women's semi-final match between Canada and the USA played at Old Trafford on the evening of 6 August, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee is currently analysing incidents that occurred after the conclusion of the match," soccer's world governing body said in an email release distributed on Tuesday.

It was not made immediately clear to which "incidents" FIFA was referring, though a number of Canadian players were critical of Norwegian referee Christiana Pedersen.

"Further information will be provided only after the Committee are in possession of all the elements of the case," FIFA said in the release.

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/2012- ... z22tPaP5O9
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

Soccer's governing body has announced it is looking into events that unfolded following Canada's devastating loss to the United States at the London Olympics. Canada lost 4-3 in its semifinal game on Monday, following a series of bizarre calls by the referee.

"Following the Olympic women's semi-final match between Canada and the USA played at Old Trafford on the evening of 6 August, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee is currently analysing incidents that occurred after the conclusion of the match," soccer's world governing body said in an email release distributed on Tuesday.

It was not made immediately clear to which "incidents" FIFA was referring, though a number of Canaodian players were critical of Norwegian referee Christiana Pedersen.

"Further information will be provided only after the Committee are in possession of all the elements of the case," FIFA said in the release.

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/2012- ... h/7052852/
    story.html#ixzz22tPaP5O9

That's funny considering how corrupt and shady FIFA is. I can't wait for World Cup 2018 in Russia and World Cup 2022 in Qatar :roll:

1500 m men final....one of my favo event at Athletics!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    1500 m men final....one of my favo event at Athletics!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

btw,Jose...the guy from states won silver medal,looks like u :shock:
  • lukin2006 wrote:

It was not made immediately clear to which "incidents" FIFA was referring, though a number of Canadian players were critical of Norwegian referee Christiana Pedersen.

From what I've read about it, it sounds like FIFA is considering disciplinary actions towards Canada's coach and players for after game comments, and not the calls in the game.
    http://usat.ly/OKKsvn
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    beach volley women semifinal number 2....
    usa vs brazil.....cold and raining
    long sleeve shirts and long pants. :fp:
    lukin2006 wrote:

From what I've read about it, it sounds like FIFA is considering disciplinary actions towards Canada's coach and players for after game comments, and not the calls in the game.
    what i heard too
    lukin2006 wrote:

Typical FIFA :fp:

The 1 good thing to come out of the soccer match was that at least it was won before a team sport was decided by penalty kicks or whatever it's called.

lukin2006 wrote:
    The 1 good thing to come out of the soccer match was that at least it was won before a team sport was decided by penalty kicks or whatever it's called.
    penalty kicks are part of the game....
    i like them when other teams but not the one i support plays.. :mrgreen:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    agreed

lukin2006 wrote:
    agreed

Good luck to the US and Japan in the gold medal game, and hopefully we will win the bronze which I think is a good result for us in soccer.