Options

London 2012 Olympics

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    yeah ... i can kinda see both sides of this badminton dispute ... soccer is notorious for this as well ...
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,572
    polaris_x wrote:
    soccer is notorious for this as well ...

Basketball too.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    edited August 2012
    polaris_x wrote:
    yeah ... i can kinda see both sides of this badminton dispute ... soccer is notorious for this as well ...

I was just reading that the Japanese women's socer team players were told to play for a draw. I can't figure out who they were trying to avoid playing in the next round. they will face Brazil

edit: they didn't want to travel to Scotland to play next round on Friday. and to also avoid having to face US or France
    Post edited by rick1zoo2 on
  • Options
    usa vs spain women waterpolo..taugh game
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I'll give Phelps the nod as greatest swimmer and Olympian...15 gold out of nineteen medals...just amazing.

CTV'S Cartriona Le May Doan tried to insinuate that Clara Hughes is the better Olympian because she participated in both winter and summer games winning medals in both...I'm not buying it though...she's had a good career but she is nowhere near Phelps.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'll give Phelps the nod as greatest swimmer and Olympian...15 gold out of nineteen medals...just amazing.

CTV'S Cartriona Le May Doan tried to insinuate that Clara Hughes is the better Olympian because she participated in both winter and summer games winning medals in both...I'm not buying it though...she's had a good career but she is nowhere near Phelps.
    no one is near phelps....amazing what he did....
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree...most importantly 15 gold medals...just amazing.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

he puts the flag of his country 15 times up there and listen the national anthem 15 times as well...what an honor..
  • Options
    swimming!!final!!200m men breaststroke :)
  • Options
    and with new WR!!!! :D
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

What Phelps did is historic, amazing and a true nod to his dedication to his craft. To hold that many medals around your neck is an achievement most will never accomplish...

GREATEST Olympian however? Possible, guess I can't argue it, but what about the forgotten Al Oerter? Oerter won gold medals in 1956, 1960, 1964 and 1968. Oerter and Carl Lewis are the only track and field stars to capture the same event in four consecutive Olympics. Oerter, however, is the only one to set an Olympic record in each of his victories.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    Zsuzsanna Jakabos ...... oulala....
  • Options
    en's 100m Freestyle...wow!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,572
    and with new WR!!!! :D

No one (even Phelps) has managed to do what this guy (Gyurta from Hungary) did today. Three golden medals in a row in the 200m breaststroke (2009, 2011, 2012). Today, he also set a new world record for the 200m breaststroke.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Badminton
    Fencing
    Ping-Pong

Give me the Winter Olympics.....
    This was posted 3 days ago.

And look what's happened with 2 of those since then! Wonder what table tennis is going to dish up, controversy wise?

Winter Olympics - just a bunch of rich pussies from fancy loaded countries strutting around in posh gear.
    Should've been thrown out by the referee as soon as they tried that shit, so the replacement teams could've had a proper mental preparation for today's follow-up round.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    No one on the U.S. men's gymnastics team will take responsibility for their poor performance....they are all just saying "it's not my vault!"
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    No one on the U.S. men's gymnastics team will take responsibility for their poor performance....they are all just saying "it's not my vault!"
    :lol::lol::lol:

I mean :fp:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

You just made me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    This London weather is really killing this women's beach volleyball tournament....not many bikinis out there. :fp:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    This London weather is really killing this women's beach volleyball tournament....not many bikinis out there. :fp:
    horrible. they should have the winter olypmics in st louis one year
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Come on London. Women's Beach Volleyball is meant for bikinis.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    Newch91 wrote:

Very true. Although the tight spandex pants aren't the worst thing in the world.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Newch91 wrote:

The sports bra over T look of the Austrians not doing it for ya? :D
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Newch91 wrote:

Very true. Although the tight spandex pants aren't the worst thing in the world.

better than watching wrestling
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

:lol: I had the same thought when I turned the TV on tonight..I'm sure most other men watching did as well. :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

True.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    we dont have this problem in Greece 8-)
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

:lol: I had the same thought when I turned the TV on tonight..I'm sure most other men watching did as well. :D
    ofcourse.. :mrgreen: :corn: