Options

London 2012 Olympics

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    lets see what the new day will bring :)

and Friday..Atheltics :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,589
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    now that, that was a great moment. US women winning gold, team gymnastics
    they was the better team!!Congrats[/quote

The american girls were dominant and deserve the gold. But gotta shout out to the Canadian girls finishing 5th for the first time ever making the team finals in Olympic gymnastics :clap::clap:
    We also took home 3 Bronze yesterday

GO CANADA GO :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    now that, that was a great moment. US women winning gold, team gymnastics
    they was the better team!!Congrats[/quote

The american girls were dominant and deserve the gold. But gotta shout out to the Canadian girls finishing 5th for the first time ever making the team finals in Olympic gymnastics :clap::clap:
    We also took home 3 Bronze yesterday

GO CANADA GO :D
    :D awesome!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Someone is getting fired at NBC today. At 6:15 EST i watched Michael Phelps swim.... LIVE!
    It was a qualifier but dude you get no phelps until late night i'm sure that is in their rule book.

So glad Phelps is the GOAT!
    Wish he could have grabbed gold instead of silver last night in the individual, but the men's relay team was awesome
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Someone is getting fired at NBC today. At 6:15 EST i watched Michael Phelps swim.... LIVE!
    It was a qualifier but dude you get no phelps until late night i'm sure that is in their rule book.

So glad Phelps is the GOAT!
    Wish he could have grabbed gold instead of silver last night in the individual, but the men's relay team was awesome
    he lost it at the last metre from the South Africa guy..he couldnt believe he won phelps..
    its good we have only 2 hours from uk time difference so we see all live.. :)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Ladies and Gentleman......

Michael Phelps.....

the number 1 swimmer of ALL times...

he did it........

the 1st Man in the history....Golden medal at 3 Olympic games in the row...

he is the 1st athlete of ALL times that has 19 Olympic medals total....

:thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

i really don't think phelps is the #1 athlete of all time ... for sure maybe the best swimmer but not athlete ... he's lucky because he participates in a sport that has ridiculous amount of events where 1 athlete can participate ... i mean they run the 200 m IM and then the 400 m IM ... it's usually the same guys or gals getting medals in both ... add in relays and its absurd how many medals swimmers can win in an olympics ...

i would rather nominate an athlete that has won medals at both winter and summer games ...
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I am not even trying to avoid hearing about results during the day and wait until the night show, it is just too hard.

The other night on NBC, before the race aired, they showed a commercial for a morning show where they were going to interview the gold medal winner and her parents. :fp:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I am not even trying to avoid hearing about results during the day and wait until the night show, it is just too hard.

The other night on NBC, before the race aired, they showed a commercial for a morning show where they were going to interview the gold medal winner and her parents. :fp:

you can stream it live here in canada ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

Michael Phelps.....

he did it........

i really don't think phelps is the #1 athlete of all time ... for sure maybe the best swimmer but not athlete ... he's lucky because he participates in a sport that has ridiculous amount of events where 1 athlete can participate ... i mean they run the 200 m IM and then the 400 m IM ... it's usually the same guys or gals getting medals in both ... add in relays and its absurd how many medals swimmers can win in an olympics ...

i would rather nominate an athlete that has won medals at both winter and summer games ...
    numbers says all...swimming is one of the hardest sport..
    12 years tops career..and he gets more than any other athlete of all times..
    last night he swim 2 finals in one hour difference..
    alot can participate in alot events...but he is the one that got the most medals....
    the previous record was back at 1960..18 olympic medals a woman at gymnastic..
    olympic medal is the number 1 medal at sports...he has the record...means..he is the number 1..
    oh..dont forgt the 26 medals at world championships..
    the guy is unreal..
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

Michael Phelps.....

he did it........

alot can participate in alot events...but he is the one that got the most medals....
    olympic medal is the number 1 medal at sports...he has the record...means..he is the number 1..
    the guy is unreal..

I think it's a huge accomplishment. He has dominated the sport for 12 years, all the medals are evidence of that. It will be a long time before anyone comes close to that again.
  • Options
    the guy is unreal..

ya ... but the numbers are skewed in his favour because he is in a sport that gives him the most opportunities ... also, he swims for a country that has been dominant in the pool ... you can't win all those medals without the relay events - if he swam for say greece ... he wouldn't have the most medals ... i agree - he's probably the greatest swimmer ever but his medal count is skewed because he is given so many opportunities to win medals vs. other athletes ... if you are the best in judo - you have opportunity to win only 1 medal ... not 10 ...
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    [
    the guy is unreal..

I think it's a huge accomplishment. He has dominated the sport for 12 years, all the medals are evidence of that. It will be a long time before anyone comes close to that again.
    really man,its so great..and swimming is so hard..
    i had a girlfriend once,she was a proffecional swimmer,was member of Greek national team ,etc..
    i woke up at 6 am to go to work,she was up 2 hours earlier than me to go for practice...so taugh!
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    the guy is unreal..

ya ... but the numbers are skewed in his favour because he is in a sport that gives him the most opportunities ... also, he swims for a country that has been dominant in the pool ... you can't win all those medals without the relay events - if he swam for say greece ... he wouldn't have the most medals ... i agree - he's probably the greatest swimmer ever but his medal count is skewed because he is given so many opportunities to win medals vs. other athletes ... if you are the best in judo - you have opportunity to win only 1 medal ... not 10 ...
    i understand u..but even with the most opportunities he did what he did..same as athletics..
    lets say Carl Lewis..,100,200m 4x100,jump..he had more opportunities than someone plays water polo,but can u imagine what need to take part to all this sports in 8 days,heats phase,qualifier,semifinals,finals to all this??
    .and if phelps was greek,im sure he wouldnt take all this medals,but he would look more sexy.. :lol:
  • Options
    by my count 8 of phelps' olympic medals are relay medals ... you aren't going to win those medals if you swim for canada or fiji ... ;)
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    by my count 8 of phelps' olympic medals are relay medals ... you aren't going to win those medals if you swim for canada or fiji ... ;)
    i hope i could live at fiji and dont give a shit about medal..all day i would lay on the beach!! :lol:
  • Options
    i understand u..but even with the most opportunities he did what he did..same as athletics..lets say Carl Lewis..,100,200m 4x100,jump..he had more opportunities than someone plays water polo,but can u imagine what need to take part to all this sports in 8 days,heats phase,qualifier,semifinals,finals to all this??.and if phelps was greek,im sure he wouldnt take all this medals,but he would look more sexy.. :lol:

:lol::lol: ... he doesn't have enough body hair to be greek ... :lol:

all these athletes in all their events train every bit as hard as swimmers ... they aren't the only ones getting up at 4 am ... also, if anything - swimming is a low impact sport ... i would argue that is what allowed him to swim in 3 olympics in terms of impact on the body ... people when they are injured often rehab in a pool because its easier on your body ... compare that to a long distance runner and you'll rarely see that kind of dominance ...
  • Options
    i hope i could live at fiji and dont give a shit about medal..all day i would lay on the beach!! :lol:

definitely agree on that!
  • Options
    i was watching some fencing..the greek girl won...
    i dont have a clue how to understand the point.. :fp:
  • Options

I was watching that the other day, all hooked up with electronics, the only way to tell when contact is made. looks like star wars
  • Options
    hewitt-djokovic...tennis..great match so far!
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I was watching that the other day, all hooked up with electronics, the only way to tell when contact is made. looks like star wars
    yep..no way from tv to understand shit..find kinda sexy that white outfit tho 8-)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yep..no way from tv to understand shit..find kinda sexy that white outfit tho 8-)

thought same way and also sexy the way they react and yell when they score :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    [

thought same way and also sexy the way they react and yell when they score :mrgreen:
    me and you are the best friends and we dont know it yet.. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    that greek girl won again..qualify to last 8!!good job!
  • Options
    that greek girl won again..qualify to last 8!!good job!
    the polish girl she won hit her and the greek girl,lost a tooth! :shock:
  • Options
    Iliadis......we get the first Medal at Olympics!!!!

Bronze Medal at Judo!!!!

:thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,572

Bronze Medal at Judo!!!!

Yoohoo! :D What's the name of the Greek fencing player and when is she going to play again? Tonight? Where did you watch these games? On the Internet?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap wrote:

Bronze Medal at Judo!!!!

Yoohoo! :D What's the name of the Greek fencing player and when is she going to play again? Tonight? Where did you watch these games? On the Internet?
    ET1
    Vassiliki Vougiouka

She is out of semifinals..lost 15-12 :(
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,572
    ET1
    Vassiliki Vougiouka

She is out of semifinals..lost 15-12 :(

Thanks man. I just found her name. It's a pity... :x I kept telling everyone I know that we're going to leave London having won at least one medal. Ilias proved me right. :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024