Question for the men.

13»

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    norm wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Are you serious? People would actually film an attack rather than help or get the police? That is alien to me,totally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

although in this case it was the police doing the beating

Goodness yes,of course I forgot that was all caught on tape.Yep where do you turn when it's supposed to be the people who deal with law and order who are being lawless :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    stargirl69 wrote:
    where do you turn when it's supposed to be the people who deal with law and order who are being lawless :?

We call it Thunderdome... well, some folks call it America.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i'd take the lapdance for a few bucks and then maybe a quickie in a alleyway for a few extra bucks :P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I salute you for what you did, stargirl69! I have a big place in my heart for people who are wasted, but I don't like when things get physical. I think this girl stepped over the border of what is acceptable, and she needed a rebuke of some kind. I salute the guy, too, for staying so well-mannered. I think sometimes, some people are just looking for trouble, and if so, it might be a sign of them needing attention of some kind for reasons we will never know. I pity the girl somehow, too.

It's time to learn the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique! :lol:
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Last week I witnessed an unprovoked vicious attack on a middle aged man at a bus stop at 7am by a young teenage girl,heavily under the influence of drugs and or alcohol.
    We were both at the bus stop when the girl joined us,after a few minutes she approached the man and tried to engage him in conversation,he ignored her as he was reading a newspaper and plugged into his ipod,she aggressively came onto the guy by attempting to straddle herself onto his knee.
    As he stood up and attempted to walk away from her she attacked him,leaving him with facial scratches,a bang on his head and his clothes displaced.He did not retaliate,just kept trying to get away from her while myself and others got her off him.
    He was insistent he did not want the police called,but I was so freaked out by this I called the police when I got to work,they said unless the man who was attacked came forward nothing could be done.

I have asked a few men since then what they would have done in that situation and they have all said they would not report it,because

1.They would be embarrassed at admitting they had been attacked by a teenage girl.
    2.They would be worried that people would assume that she was acting in self defense.

I was shocked at both these reasons as I feel how can it be ok for anyone to be minding their own business waiting on their working day to start,be attacked and accept that they feel powerless to do anything because they are a male.

Anyone? Opinions?
    As difficult as it can be sometimes, I think the guy did the right thing by not hitting back. I can understand the people that have said that they would have retaliated and hit back but who's to say the girl wouldn't have got crazier? If he had hit her she could have pulled a knife or gone completely nuts on him, then who knows what would have happened?

However I would have reported it to the police if I was him. If he had been alone then maybe it would have been different but in this instance he needn't have worried about people thinking that the girl acted in self defense because you were there as a witness. The fact that you tried to get him to call the police implies that you would have backed him up so option 2 wouldn't apply. People like this need to be punished for their actions.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I would of kicked her in the nuts :!:
    dad's friend has a saying like this
    and it goes a little something like this

"women... ya can't live with 'em & ya can't kick 'em in the nuts!" - alex
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I'm glad he walked away. You never know who has a weapon; it could have gotten really ugly. Hope she faces some kind of consequences for her actions.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Jeez there are some crazies out there. If my husband had been this guy I'd want him to do the same, I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Now if If someone were to do that to my husband in front of me.... :evil:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Jeez there are some crazies out there. If my husband had been this guy I'd want him to do the same, I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Now if If someone were to do that to my husband in front of me.... :evil:
    hehe...wanna see that.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Last week I witnessed an unprovoked vicious attack on a middle aged man at a bus stop at 7am by a young teenage girl,heavily under the influence of drugs and or alcohol.
    We were both at the bus stop when the girl joined us,after a few minutes she approached the man and tried to engage him in conversation,he ignored her as he was reading a newspaper and plugged into his ipod,she aggressively came onto the guy by attempting to straddle herself onto his knee.
    As he stood up and attempted to walk away from her she attacked him,leaving him with facial scratches,a bang on his head and his clothes displaced.He did not retaliate,just kept trying to get away from her while myself and others got her off him.
    He was insistent he did not want the police called,but I was so freaked out by this I called the police when I got to work,they said unless the man who was attacked came forward nothing could be done.

I have asked a few men since then what they would have done in that situation and they have all said they would not report it,because

1.They would be embarrassed at admitting they had been attacked by a teenage girl.
    2.They would be worried that people would assume that she was acting in self defense.

I was shocked at both these reasons as I feel how can it be ok for anyone to be minding their own business waiting on their working day to start,be attacked and accept that they feel powerless to do anything because they are a male.

Anyone? Opinions?

yup... you've guessed it... I would have punched her in the fudd™
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.