Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited September 2019
    I watched it on my phone.  I need to go back and watch it on a bigger screen. Pardon me as I exit for a few to take a look again.

I don't recognize the voice of the gun holster guy.  It definitely is not the voice of the disappeared or the gun salesman.  I have no clue who that is.  
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Pretty sure it's the vacuum repair guy's voice at the end.  I read that there are at least 10 familiar characters from BB that are in the movie. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Pretty sure it's the vacuum repair guy's voice at the end.  I read that there are at least 10 familiar characters from BB that are in the movie. 
    Surprised it's only 10.

There are at least 3 in the trailer.  Jesse, Skinny Pete and Badger.  You have to figure at least a cop or two from BB would be in it.  Skylar and/or her sister would make sense, but I could see them not being in it.
  • Options
    Surprised it's only 10.

There are at least 3 in the trailer.  Jesse, Skinny Pete and Badger.  You have to figure at least a cop or two from BB would be in it.  Skylar and/or her sister would make sense, but I could see them not being in it.
    Yeah I can't wait to see what characters pop up.  I'm trying to avoid reading any more about it until I see it.....people are going through this trailer frame by frame and dissecting it like crazy.  I've already seen/read some stuff that I don't want to know about.  That's why I'm surprised they actually released a real trailer.
  • Options
    Surprised it's only 10.

Skylar and Marie drive me crazy. Such terrible acting. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    deadendp said:
    Surprised it's only 10.

Skylar in Breaking Bad was probably the one character who I could never sympathize with (other than maybe Tuco and Emelio, lol).

Early on, it just felt like she turned on cancer-Walt way too quickly and harshly.  The cigarette thing while pregnant, the Ted affair, her struggle to remain the Alpha in the family.... and then wanting to be involved as the "expert" book-keeper, trying to control that, then crying because it was too much $$$.  I just never liked or sympathized with her character.  She is just a bitch.

Even Marie, while ultra snobby and self-centered.... you really felt bad for her a bit in season 3 when she was dealing with Hank's injuries and rehabilitation, even when Hank was treating her like garbage.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    deadendp said:
    Surprised it's only 10.

Skylar in Breaking Bad was probably the one character who I could never sympathize with (other than maybe Tuco and Emelio, lol).

Early on, it just felt like she turned on cancer-Walt way too quickly and harshly.  The cigarette thing while pregnant, the Ted affair, her struggle to remain the Alpha in the family.... and then wanting to be involved as the "expert" book-keeper, trying to control that, then crying because it was too much $$$.  I just never liked or sympathized with her character.  She is just a bitch.

Even Marie, while ultra snobby and self-centered.... you really felt bad for her a bit in season 3 when she was dealing with Hank's injuries and rehabilitation, even when Hank was treating her like garbage.
    The pool walking incident and the collapse in the middle of the street when Walt took Holly... just so very overly dramatic in the bad acting department. :sick:

Grant you, someone driving off with your kid is horrible, but her fake tears and jacked up contorted face.... ugh. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Bryan Cranston & Jonathan Banks are confirmed as supporting roles, so I'm assuming most of the BB faces are going to be in the form of flashbacks.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Between this, Joker, and The Irishman......I can't decide what I am more excited for. Quite a Fall for movies coming up!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been rewatching season 5 to get ready for El Camino.  I fucking love this show.  #1 show of all time IMO.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    Yeeeeeah, bitches! One more day!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    We were just discussing that. Told my husband that our evening is planned. :smiley:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Almost thru the entire series again.  I'm glad I rewatched it all from the start.  So many things I got out of sequence, or just forget when they happened.  I have 3 more episodes to finish tonight.  I want to watch the movie right away but I think I'm going to see it in the theatre on Saturday.  The wait is gonna kill me. I'll have to avoid social media tomorrow.
  • Options
    We finished BB and moved on to BCS. Netflix ditched the last season, so we had to buy it on DVD and wait for it to arrive. We won't be able to finish it before tomorrow night, but we aren't far from it. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    deadendp said:
    tbergs said:
    We were just discussing that. Told my husband that our evening is planned. :smiley:
    woo-hoo! Won't be able to watch it until probably the weekend though
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I have to wait until tomorrow night. I could watch it while I wait for my daughter during her violin lesson, but I would feel terribly guilty. I would feel like I cheated. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    https://youtu.be/l4bW99gtXR8
    No spoilers. Quick review of BB by Aaron Paul.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    Getting some good early reviews. I usually am in line with IGN and they gave it a 9 and they loved the original show. Glad this is not going to disappoint. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    So pumped for tonight! Kids in bed by 9 and then it's time for this movie to kick my ass all over again.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Looking forward to a nice bottle of wine and this movie this evening 
  • Options
    My husband gave me his blessing to give it a go while I wait for my tires to get changed and a have alignment done.

I will happily watch it again. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I've only seen the first season of Breaking Bad. It was great. Only six or seven episodes or something like that.

Then I saw that season two had episodes in the double digits, and didn't even try.

I just don't have that kind of time in my life. Perhaps if I win the lottery or something, I'll get to watch this show. That first season was pretty damn good.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    It's dinnertime watching. Takes us a while to get through it. We've watched BB all the way through probably 4x. BCS probably the same. 
  • Options
    Dinnertime. That sounds nice. 

I need to win the lottery for that, too.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Come on by. There's always plenty. :wink:
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

I've got the food; it just rare when the stars align and my family can enjoy a meal together.

I generally skip it altogether because I either fall asleep while trying to get a child to sleep, or if I don't fall asleep, I then declare that it's too damn late to eat a full meal.

I should resurrect the "What's Your Problem?" thread with this. I can't be alone on this one, right?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

I've got the food; it just rare when the stars align and my family can enjoy a meal together.

I generally skip it altogether because I either fall asleep while trying to get a child to sleep, or if I don't fall asleep, I then declare that it's too damn late to eat a full meal.

I should resurrect the "What's Your Problem?" thread with this. I can't be alone on this one, right?
    I just resurrected an old thread. I say do it! 
  • Options
    Whenever someone watches this, I have a house question. 
  • Options
    I thought it was good. Wasn’t blown away, but I enjoyed it. Probably going to give it another watch for some details