Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    mca47 wrote: »
    Better Call Saul is getting solid to great reviews so far!
    We'll see!

Has it aired yet?

It starts on Sunday night.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mca47 wrote: »
    Better Call Saul is getting solid to great reviews so far!
    We'll see!

Has it aired yet?

It starts on Sunday night.

And I think episode 2 is Monday night
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I need to set my dvr.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I need to set my dvr.

Is it DVR or pvr?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    I need to set my dvr.

Is it DVR or pvr?

Uhhhh, mine is a dvr......
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I need to set my dvr.

Is it DVR or pvr?

Hmmmm, very peculiar...
  • Options
    I need to set my dvr.

Is it DVR or pvr?

Hmmmm, very peculiar...

Digital video recording. I think.....
  • Options
    dvr.jpg

This is not the device I have. I have directv and the box I have is a dvr box.
  • Options
    Did you get Direct TV recently because of those Rob Lowe commercials? I was thinking about it. How does Direct TV work? It's cheaper right?
  • Options
    Did you get Direct TV recently because of those Rob Lowe commercials? I was thinking about it. How does Direct TV work? It's cheaper right?

It's all fucking expensive. I've had directv for over 10 years. Mainly because I hate dish and at the time, cable didn't come out to where I live.
  • Options
    Can't wait for Better Call Saul to start Sunday. Most of the reviews have been positive so far.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    BTW.... I just saw Tuco on an episode of Walker Texas Ranger! Was awesome! Ha!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    The guy on Grantland says BCS exceeds expectations for a spin off. Can't wait for Sunday and Monday...

My friend has not watched Breaking Bad yet and is interested in Saul's show. He's actually contemplating watching Better Call Saul first since its a prequal. Thoughts? I think it's a dumb idea because there's bound to flash forwards and references to BB....but that would be a unique experience watching the prequal before watching the show that started it all
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The guy on Grantland says BCS exceeds expectations for a spin off. Can't wait for Sunday and Monday...

My friend has not watched Breaking Bad yet and is interested in Saul's show. He's actually contemplating watching Better Call Saul first since its a prequal. Thoughts? I think it's a dumb idea because there's bound to flash forwards and references to BB....but that would be a unique experience watching the prequal before watching the show that started it all

I heard an interview with the creator of BB and BCS and he says with a smirk that he's not sure if Bryan Cranstons charachter will make an appearance on BCS. So I agree with you. Watch BB first. It'll be well worth it.
  • Options

Yeah, definitely think he should watch BB first. While I doubt there would be any major plot points he wouldn't understand with Better Call Saul, I'm sure there will be many references to what happens in the future with Saul...Mike too.
  • Options
    So, I now have Netflix. I have every single episode of Breaking Bad available to me.
    Up until 2 weeks ago I had NEVER watched one episode.
    I have now watched the 1st 4 episodes.

I can safely say, I now understand why people went crazy over this show.

But I am going to take my time, and only watch 1 or 2 episodes a week.
    No reason for me to rush through this.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

Heard a really good review on Fresh Air yesterday. I believe they said it starts out flashing into the future after Breaking Bad.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    So, I now have Netflix. I have every single episode of Breaking Bad available to me.

seriously, do it. That is how I have done it and have 5 episodes left. It was more than worth it. Each episode is like a movie and having a week or 2 to ponder and look forward to episodes enhances it a great deal. I even have rewatched some too.

If you have the discipline to do it and can avoid spoilers, that is the way to go.

Anyways, looking forward to Better Call Saul. I love Bod Odenkirk from the Mr Show days. He is a great character actor who was almost forgotten until BB came along and flaunted him front and center.

FYI the show is supposed to take place in 2002 and that would be 6 years prior to BB. Most of BB took place over 2 years, so who knows how many seasons and stories that could be in 6 years. It also starts off with a flash forward so there is time real estate post 2011.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    I thought it was great, can't wait until tomorrow!
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote: »
    I thought it was great, can't wait until tomorrow!

Agreed. As far as pilot episodes go, this pretty dam solid.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I liked it. I like how Saul's development is coming from complete rags... Loved the opening flash forward (wonder if he called the vacuum repair guy), and it seems like it isnt shying away from stepping into Breaking Bad either.

Loved the "That car is only worth 500 bucks if you had a 300 dollar hooker sitting in it
  • Options

That's awesome Speedy!
    It's easily one of the best TV shows of all time.
    The show is 5 seasons, and every season is better than the last. Show is so fn brilliant!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Started watching BB in September, finally finished up the series yesterday. Holy. Crap. What an unreal series. I'm not much of a TV person, but that's just about as good as it gets! Captivating all the way through. Excited I finished up just in time, I have the first two episodes of Better Call Saul on the DVR, ready to go!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Might be the coolest toy ever!!!

http://insidetherockposter.highwire.com/product/threezero-breaking-bad-heisenberg-16-figure-walter-white-3a

I wonder if Heisenberg already ordered one??
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

Might be the coolest toy ever!!!

http://insidetherockposter.highwire.com/product/threezero-breaking-bad-heisenberg-16-figure-walter-white-3a

I wonder if Heisenberg already ordered one??

For $150, that thing better actually make meth.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    took me about 6 years years but finally watching this on netflix, :lol:

So far 4 episodes into the first season, digging it. Heard the latter seasons are better though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

So far 4 episodes into the first season, digging it. Heard the latter seasons are better though.

yeah....gotta stay with it. lots of character building in the first and second seasons. just gets better and better....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

good for you. I certainly enjoyed season 1... but looking back on it you realize the show hits a completely different gear before long. Almost every episode is fulfilling and very little filler. I can only think of one or 2 filler episodes total Out of the 63
  • Options
    Yep, come season 3 things get crazy. Pretty much every season is better than the last.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    MayDay10 said:

good for you. I certainly enjoyed season 1... but looking back on it you realize the show hits a completely different gear before long. Almost every episode is fulfilling and very little filler. I can only think of one or 2 filler episodes total Out of the 63
    cool. Yeah i'm almost done with season 2 now.

Realized the dude that plays Badger is the same guy that's in those Xfinity Comcast commercials with the dog
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly