Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I know they did an album with the music from Breaking Bad in 2010, but has anyone heard anything about an official updated soundtrack collection from the show by any chance? I'm about to start a little project finding all the songs that I really like from the series (there are a lot of them, and I don't know what any of them are even called!), but if they're going to do it themselves soon, I'd rather wait for that and see what they offer. :)

The easiest way to find out the songs is going here

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Music
    Yeah thanks, I've already got that site bookmarked. ;) I was just hoping that I didn't have to do the work of listening to every single song and picking which ones I want to get. It would be awesome if they'd make a double LP with all the best music from the show!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Halloween 2013

2chbdas.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    http://clickingbad.nullism.com/

game someone created
  • Options
    2djxibo.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Halloween 2013

2chbdas.jpg
    :lol: Are those your kids??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Aaron Paul & Bryan Cranston reading the finale script for the 1st time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXfUv2svQVU
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    15 things learned from the new Breaking Bad documentary.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    15 things learned from the new Breaking Bad documentary.

PBM
    Very cool.
    Pretty sure I'm gonna have to order the Blu-ray barrel. :D
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I know they did an album with the music from Breaking Bad in 2010, but has anyone heard anything about an official updated soundtrack collection from the show by any chance? I'm about to start a little project finding all the songs that I really like from the series (there are a lot of them, and I don't know what any of them are even called!), but if they're going to do it themselves soon, I'd rather wait for that and see what they offer. :)

Not sure if this is what you would be looking for but HOLY FUCK BATMAN!!!

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCul ... 110352.jsp
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:shock: Wow, missed out on that by a long shot. Only 2000 made. I was not actually looking for the original score music, but that is still a pretty fuckin' cool item!
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:shock: Wow, missed out on that by a long shot. Only 2000 made. I was not actually looking for the original score music, but that is still a pretty fuckin' cool item!

Yeah I snagged one last night it looks awesome! In January they are releasing it on colored vinyl gatefold and what not plus a poster. Will probably have to buy that one as well :fp:
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Do you know when this show premiers?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Marathon on AMC the past few days. Train robbery episode on now....what a classic.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    TUCKER?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    I'm thinking about buying the Bluray barrel. Hmmmm......
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mca47 said:

I'm thinking about buying the Bluray barrel. Hmmmm......

I bought one & LOVE it!!
    One of the best boxsets I've ever seen!!
    The design is GREAT and the Bluray discs are held together by MAGNETS...Yeah MAGNETS BITCH!!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited January 2014
    Just found this on IMDb:
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56724211

'Better Call Saul': Jonathan Banks joins 'Breaking Bad' spin-off
    One of the big questions surrounding Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul has been:
    Will any characters from the original show be seen conspiring with shady criminal lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk)?
    The answer: You can Banks on it.

Jonathan Banks — a.k.a. lethal, world-weary fixer Mike Ehrmantraut on AMC’s acclaimed drug drama — has signed on as a series regular, the network confirmed today. (Deadline first reported the news.) The one-hour prequel, which is being overlorded by Bb creator Vince Gilligan and co-executive producer Peter Gould, will focus on Goodman’s legal wheeling and dealings before crossing paths with chemistry teacher-turned-crystal meth king Walter White (Bryan Cranston). The casting of Banks makes sense: In addition to serving as the head of security for drug and chicken lord Gustavo Fring (Giancarlo Esposito), and later partnering up with Walter and Jesse (Aaron Paul), Mike worked as a PI/cleaner in association with Saul. Banks joined Breaking Bad at the end of season 2 and received an Emmy nomination in season 5 for his role, which ended when [SPOILER ALERT] Mike was murdered by Walt.

Odenkirk and Banks, who is currently playing a criminology professor on Community, are the only announced cast members for Better Call Saul so far, though both Cranston and Paul, among others, have expressed interest in popping up on the show. In a recent interview with EW, Gilligan noted that Mike was the most logical character to wind up on Saul, but indicated that he might not be the only one. “I would say the sky’s the limit, at least theoretically speaking,” he said. “Realistically speaking, we’ve got a whole lot of actors, and the world is now well-aware of their wonderful talents and abilities, and therefore Breaking Bad has probably made it tougher for Peter and I to get some of these folks pinned down for another TV show.” He joked: “Better Call Saul could be The Love Boat of its generation, where instead of Milton Berle showing up in a sailor’s cap, hopefully it could be Aaron Paul, also in a sailor’s cap.”

Better Call Saul will debut on AMC in November.

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

Just found this on IMDb:
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56724211

'Better Call Saul': Jonathan Banks joins 'Breaking Bad' spin-off
    One of the big questions surrounding Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul has been:
    Will any characters from the original show be seen conspiring with shady criminal lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk)?
    The answer: You can Banks on it.

Jonathan Banks — a.k.a. lethal, world-weary fixer Mike Ehrmantraut on AMC’s acclaimed drug drama — has signed on as a series regular, the network confirmed today. (Deadline first reported the news.) The one-hour prequel, which is being overlorded by Bb creator Vince Gilligan and co-executive producer Peter Gould, will focus on Goodman’s legal wheeling and dealings before crossing paths with chemistry teacher-turned-crystal meth king Walter White (Bryan Cranston). The casting of Banks makes sense: In addition to serving as the head of security for drug and chicken lord Gustavo Fring (Giancarlo Esposito), and later partnering up with Walter and Jesse (Aaron Paul), Mike worked as a PI/cleaner in association with Saul. Banks joined Breaking Bad at the end of season 2 and received an Emmy nomination in season 5 for his role, which ended when [SPOILER ALERT] Mike was murdered by Walt.

Odenkirk and Banks, who is currently playing a criminology professor on Community, are the only announced cast members for Better Call Saul so far, though both Cranston and Paul, among others, have expressed interest in popping up on the show. In a recent interview with EW, Gilligan noted that Mike was the most logical character to wind up on Saul, but indicated that he might not be the only one. “I would say the sky’s the limit, at least theoretically speaking,” he said. “Realistically speaking, we’ve got a whole lot of actors, and the world is now well-aware of their wonderful talents and abilities, and therefore Breaking Bad has probably made it tougher for Peter and I to get some of these folks pinned down for another TV show.” He joked: “Better Call Saul could be The Love Boat of its generation, where instead of Milton Berle showing up in a sailor’s cap, hopefully it could be Aaron Paul, also in a sailor’s cap.”

Better Call Saul will debut on AMC in November.

I saw that yesterday...that's awesome. Mike was one of my favorites....wonder if Gus Fring will be in it too. It will be very interesting to see what they do with this show...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,844
    Looking forward to re-watching the second half of Season 5 when its put on Netflixnext month.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    i'm halfway through season 6 and just realized that fios on demand does not have the 8th episode (the finale) of season 5. i thought it ended at 7....then of course walt calls todd and needs his uncle's help again...so that prompted me to check out what i might have missed. fucking bullshit. why on earth would that episode not be available there? literally every other episode is on demand but that one. i thought 5 ending rather abruptly....hahaha.....FUCK

anyway---i have 2 more episodes left. this last one was so good. this is how you end a show. watching this makes me even more pissed off at what dexter turned into....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778

i'm halfway through season 6 and just realized that fios on demand does not have the 8th episode (the finale) of season 5. i thought it ended at 7....then of course walt calls todd and needs his uncle's help again...so that prompted me to check out what i might have missed. fucking bullshit. why on earth would that episode not be available there? literally every other episode is on demand but that one. i thought 5 ending rather abruptly....hahaha.....FUCK

anyway---i have 2 more episodes left. this last one was so good. this is how you end a show. watching this makes me even more pissed off at what dexter turned into....

I don't think it'll ever get better than this show.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    i had it neck and neck with the wire for best ever..but this final season has pushed it ahead in my book.

this is the only show i can think of that keeps getting better and better, even towards the very end.. i'm at the point where walt takes off in the van with his 10 mil. sucks to hank get killed though.

the other thing is how unlikable they have made their main character, yet you can't stop watching. with the sopranos, tony was a murderer and a thug, but the way he was portrayed made you have empathy for him (kind of the same idea with dexter)....with walt, i have no empathy and i'm really rooting against him at this point, but the show is actually even more interesting and entertaining than it was in the beginning when i cared about his well being more. i can't think of another show that has been able to pull this off...or really had the balls to even attempt it. fucking amazing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i had it neck and neck with the wire for best ever..but this final season has pushed it ahead in my book.

Yeah man, the last season is incredible. Especially the final 8 episodes. Watching those on a week to week basis was torture....you're doing it right with the binge watch.

Like Jearlpam said, I don't think we'll ever see a show as good as this one.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just finished the last episode. Man, how badly I wanted Jesse or Skyler to just kill Walt.

The best episode was easily the desert scene with Hank and the money and the gang. (except that shootout was kinda lame)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,844

I just finished the last episode. Man, how badly I wanted Jesse or Skyler to just kill Walt.

The best episode was easily the desert scene with Hank and the money and the gang. (except that shootout was kinda lame)

Yep I watched the final episodes live and I still don't get how they put that terrible shootout in there
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    what was so bad about the shootout? that hank wasn't killed sooner?
    chinese-happy.jpg