Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Very cool final episode.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    :clap::clap: That was awesome. So happy that they tied up all loose ends. And I am SO glad Jesse made it! That's what I've been really hoping for since I started thinking about how it would end. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Wow that was awesome.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Perfect, satisfied and happy for fact that we were given this masterpiece of a show. Thank you, Breaking Bad.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Walt won. Walt died happy
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

that was awesome..love the lyrics of the song in the end too!

back,to work,i took one hour off work to watch it,and now back!! :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    :clap:
    Very good. I really enjoyed the final and the entire series.

I'm surprised Jessie got away but i'm happy for him.

I'm glad walt died

I'm also glad we didn't rusht he episode have him die and then spend 15 min catching up with the aftermath. They could have done that.... This was much better
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Walt died happy

Did he die though?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    On Talking Bad they did mention that "Walt dies and Jesse is free"

I can see how that could be an open question though
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Breaking%20Bad%20Febreze.gif

I caught a continuity error here with this scene....Walt's glasses clearly fall off and his hands are tied behind him but in the next scene his glasses are on.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    never watched one episode of BB. I have heard so many great things about it, so I want to get myself caught up starting with the very first episode. Should I start by buying the dvd sets? Is it available to stream?

I spent the last month watching it on Netflix and watched the finale in real time last night.

Just an awesome show.

Not sure when Netflix will get the final half of season 5 up but I bet by the time you get there they will be up. Best part is that you can sign up for Netflix free for 30 days.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Walt died happy

Did he die though?

Oh yeah. The entire series was about him dying. I don't think they have him fall over like that and not die, especially since Gilligan said there would be no loose ends.

Edit: My only question/concern with the finale is I wonder if it was too satisfying? Should Walt have had the satisfaction of going out like that? Like Jesse said, he is way too smart and way too lucky, I guess.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    original.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    original.jpg
    :lol:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pjradio wrote:
    original.jpg

I'm Sad it's over :(
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    A good episode and a nice ending but it felt too neat. Maybe I hyped it up so much that it didn't deliver for me the way I wanted it to. It was a great ride.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Bad Ass ending. Just what I wanted with guns blazing.

Loved, loved Jessie's last shot with him screaming for Joy.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    thought it was perfect. shocked to see a pic of walt from the final scene and the headline "Breaking Dead" "Walt meets Bloody end on Series Finale on the cover of the NY Daily news. Glad I didnt wait until today to watch it. Feel bad for those watching from behind who just had the finale spoiled for them
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874

Just another reason why I hate that paper

I'm happy I saw it live. I'm sure most people expected him to die, but that is still messed up to spoil it.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Seem to be reading a lot that says this was too "neat" or too much of a "happy ending". Happy ending?? Walt is dead. Hank is dead. He destroyed his family. Sure, Jesse got away, but he's a complete mess.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Seem to be reading a lot that says this was too "neat" or too much of a "happy ending". Happy ending?? Walt is dead. Hank is dead. He destroyed his family. Sure, Jesse got away, but he's a complete mess.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/c ... iewed.html

I liked it a lot overall and am very happy about the ending, but a lot of this is true. I'd also say the finale didn't necessarily follow how the rest of the series went. "Neat" is a good way of putting it in a show where every season was anything but "neat". That said, definitely satisfied.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

It was as happy as it could be for this show, but I agree with you..it wasn't happy. It was very satisfying to me as a viewer, but still sad. In addition to what you said, poor Skyler and Walt Jr. are also messed up. I thought the scene of Walt watching Jr. was heartbreaking. He knew his son hated him and they would never see each other again.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    The scene where Jesse finished building the perfect box only to turn to the present where he was still chained was as good as it gets. I was expecting more from the episode but the ending was perfect and after rewatching it again I can appreciate it more the second time around.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    the only way it could have been better is if somehow Walt Jr flew a helicoptor to the scene and crashed it into the building jumping out seconds before with a jet pack on and he started blasting nazi's from the air with a machine gun.

that would have blow my mind

otherwise i was happy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    If I had to complain about anything, its that they fell on a tired cliche to find a way for Walt to save Jessie. I really dislike it when a villain has a hero at his mercy, about to kill him, but something stops him from doing so, and the delay allows the hero to get away/save himself/whatever. I felt it was pretty corny that uncle cracker there just hhad to prove to Walt that he and Jesse weren't partners. At least he didn't spell out some kind of evil masterplan to Walt in the meantime :lol:
    Other than that, a pretty solid conclusion.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the finale. I was glad to see Jesse finish off Todd!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Wasn't happy about:
    1) Walt Dying, would have loved if he got away.

2) The Money, there's like 70 Million still out there,now who gets it , evidence room and then the State?

3) Jessie lives, ya, Screw that Punk, now your broke and useless (unless he starts cooking again and starts over form scratch)and how much blood's on your hands? You couldn't leave well enough alone when you had 5 millions in 2 huge bags. Freakin Tard!

other than those things, Loved it!
  • Options
    the best scenes was jesse screaming happy,walt smile in the end and i loved the talk with skyler,when he said,i did all for me,i enjoy it,like it..something like that..
  • Options
    Wasn't happy about:
    1) Walt Dying, would have loved if he got away.

2) The Money, there's like 70 Million still out there,now who gets it , evidence room and then the State?

3) Jessie lives, ya, Screw that Punk, now your broke and useless (unless he starts cooking again and starts over form scratch)and how much blood's on your hands? You couldn't leave well enough alone when you had 5 millions in 2 huge bags. Freakin Tard!

other than those things, Loved it!

Besides the 70mm how long before the DEA finds jesses DVD confession at the gangs compound. :corn: