Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Someone should set up a live chat tonight so we can comment during commercial breaks. Or I'll just go on Facebook/Twitter. It'd be even better if it was a Ten Club thing though.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I have saved up the last episode and avoided all spoilers so that I can watch it and the final episode back to back this Sunday. I am so excited! :o:o:D
    ..... But what now??? What show will ever compare? I'm sad it's over. :(

Did you watch The Wire? It's better.

Disagree with The Wire being better than Breaking Bad:
    1. Breaking Bad hasn't had a bad, slow or odd season. Season 2 arguably is a pretty bad season (esp 1st half) for The Wire. The final season of The Wire had some ups and downs also (Freemon being told by McNulty about the wiretapping, nonsensical flashbacks to the pilot). Years later I would read that Simon really intended the final season to be 13 episodes and HBO only gave him 10.
    2. Comparing these 2 shows is a tad unfair (IMO) - The Wire seasonally contained a new story that shadowed some real world views & life. Breaking Bad is 1 single tale, and it's speeding off the rails to the finish.
    3. Hard to compare the liberties a pay cable TV channel can bring vs. a commercial regular cable TV channel can. Arguably, (and again this is all my opinion )ONLY - Breaking Bad is the single greatest TV drama / story ever told on "regular TV".

Please note I write this as a HUGE fan of The Wire, JK_Livin. Season 4 of that show might be my favorite most important TV ever created (IMO). The "emotional" journey I went on with Tony in The Sopranos slightly pushed that show ahead of The Wire for me as 1 and 2...

But that all changed with Breaking Bad...regardless of what happens tonight ;):o :? :cry: - I believe I have been part of (witnessing only :lol: ) the greatest TV show of all time. This final season especially, with its cliffhangers and weird turns and character development has been nothing short of an exhilarating TV experience. I am very sad this chunk of TV will be gone out of my life in 11 hrs, however I am SOOOO grateful to have loved it so...

And PJ Soul, if you haven't seen The Wire, do yourself a favor - awesome awesome show.

Enjoy tonight all - I cannot wait to hop on here in 12 hrs and see what everyone thinks, etc...
    Lost is the best ever!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    "You know it's good because it's blue bitch" :lol:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-bad ... lue-bitch/
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I'm probably going to way way off, but here it goes:

Jack and crew kill/try to kill Lydia. Todd rescues Jesse and they team up to kill the gang.

Jesse gives/leaves money for Brock.

Walt tries to kill himself with the ricin, but it's full of salt because he accidentally threw the ricin out when he switched them.

No idea what'll happen with everyone else.
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    never watched one episode of BB. I have heard so many great things about it, so I want to get myself caught up starting with the very first episode. Should I start by buying the dvd sets? Is it available to stream?
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    never watched one episode of BB. I have heard so many great things about it, so I want to get myself caught up starting with the very first episode. Should I start by buying the dvd sets? Is it available to stream?

NetFlix is how we got ourselves caught up....you'll have to wait for the second half of Season 5 because it's not up there yet...but good way to get yourself going.
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    prljamgirl wrote:
    PRL1JAM wrote:

NetFlix is how we got ourselves caught up....you'll have to wait for the second half of Season 5 because it's not up there yet...but good way to get yourself going.

sounds good! Thank you :thumbup:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I have saved up the last episode and avoided all spoilers so that I can watch it and the final episode back to back this Sunday. I am so excited! :o:o:D
    ..... But what now??? What show will ever compare? I'm sad it's over. :(

Did you watch The Wire? It's better.

Disagree with The Wire being better than Breaking Bad:
    1. Breaking Bad hasn't had a bad, slow or odd season. Season 2 arguably is a pretty bad season (esp 1st half) for The Wire. The final season of The Wire had some ups and downs also (Freemon being told by McNulty about the wiretapping, nonsensical flashbacks to the pilot). Years later I would read that Simon really intended the final season to be 13 episodes and HBO only gave him 10.
    2. Comparing these 2 shows is a tad unfair (IMO) - The Wire seasonally contained a new story that shadowed some real world views & life. Breaking Bad is 1 single tale, and it's speeding off the rails to the finish.
    3. Hard to compare the liberties a pay cable TV channel can bring vs. a commercial regular cable TV channel can. Arguably, (and again this is all my opinion )ONLY - Breaking Bad is the single greatest TV drama / story ever told on "regular TV".

Please note I write this as a HUGE fan of The Wire, JK_Livin. Season 4 of that show might be my favorite most important TV ever created (IMO). The "emotional" journey I went on with Tony in The Sopranos slightly pushed that show ahead of The Wire for me as 1 and 2...

But that all changed with Breaking Bad...regardless of what happens tonight ;):o :? :cry: - I believe I have been part of (witnessing only :lol: ) the greatest TV show of all time. This final season especially, with its cliffhangers and weird turns and character development has been nothing short of an exhilarating TV experience. I am very sad this chunk of TV will be gone out of my life in 11 hrs, however I am SOOOO grateful to have loved it so...

And PJ Soul, if you haven't seen The Wire, do yourself a favor - awesome awesome show.

Enjoy tonight all - I cannot wait to hop on here in 12 hrs and see what everyone thinks, etc...

I don't think you can really compare the two shows but The Wire was a better show overall. Breaking Bad is more entertaining,
  • Options
    I was in this sandwich shop at lunch called "Which Wich", and I was waiting to get an order to go. I was looking at the walls because they were all decorated with kids drawings on the brown sandwich bags the place uses. Looked like one of those things where they had Mrs. So-and-so's first grade class make cutesie little drawings to hang all over the place. "Which Wich Is The Best!!!" with a poorly drawn dinosaur next to it. That type of thing. And smack dab in the middle of all these pictures of robots and stick people is a perfectly done drawing of the Heisenberg sketch, with the words "Know My Name" next to it. I'm assuming an older person or one of the employees probably put it up there as a joke. The way it's set up you get the bags and red markers at a nearby counter to place your order, so the materials are there. The drawing was too good to be a little kid I think, and not too many little kids probably watch this show. But you never know, it would have been hilarious if some kid did it. But it's still funny if it was an adult, just that weird picture of Heisenberg staring out from the sea of typical kids drawings saying "Know My Name" was pretty funny. I wanted to get a picture but there was a family sitting at the table the picture was hanging over and I didn't want to go over there and bother them during their meal to get a cell phone pic.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    ^^^ that's funny :mrgreen:
  • Options
    This sucks...it's starting to sink in that this will be the last time we will ever get a new episode of Breaking Bad. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Heisenberg wrote:
    This sucks...it's starting to sink in that this will be the last time we will ever get a new episode of Breaking Bad. :(

All things, even "bad" things, come to an end. I'm excited!
    Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Only 2.5 hours left until this awesome show is DONE!!!
    1z5kbpw.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    here we go! Enjoy all you BB fans!
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    I am a little worried here. It starts in a few minutes, and there are these big weather alerts being issued for damaging 100km/hour winds and crazy heavy rain, supposedly coming through any minute now... if the power goes out before Breaking Bad records to my PVR I will completely freak out!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    :clap:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Fucking amazing!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Sweet. I loved the sex scene.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Fucking amazing!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

so sad it's over. amazing series
  • Options
    Walt won. Walt died happy
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Perfect ending!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Perfect ending!

I think so. Maybe a little too happy and the gun hitting everyone except Todd is convenient but all in all, Walt won
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    Brilliant!!

I'm completely satisfied with the ending. Now, I need to digest it for a bit
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Not bad at all!
  • Options
    I had to watch the finale in a hotel room in NON-HD! :shock: :x :x

Can't wait to re-watch it when I get home on my badass 55" HDTV! :D
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If you wanted to nit-pick, you could question why Jacks crew didnt check the trunk to the car.

Anyway, fantastic stuff.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    100% satisfied with that ending...Bravo Breaking Bad...Bravo!!!!,
    :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Perfection.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I loved it! That was a very satisfying ending. I can't wait to watch it again!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City