I'm going to Seattle!!!!!!!

13»

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I coming up to Seattle tomorrow for the Iron Maiden show!
    #FHP
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    wow i cant believe i will be in seattle next monday :) if anyone knows of anything specifically happening monday or tuesday gig or eventwise can you let me know?
    Many thanks
    cant wait now! #
    just trying to print this thread out....pity you cant do it all on one page ... dont want to miss anything!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Horos wrote:
    I coming up to Seattle tomorrow for the Iron Maiden show!

WIN!!! MAJOR WIN!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • I'm here!!!!!! So excited!!!!!Getting ready to ride the ferry over to Pikes Place and Seattle Library. What else is in that vicinity???? PJ related... Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Benaroya Hall is there too! Cant wait to hear the feedback, I will be there on MOnday :)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Thank goodness the sun came out to fool everybody into thinking it's always this nice here.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Would anyone who lives in the Seattle area be willing to take me to Magnuson, The Sound Garden, and The Discovery Park? and Easy Street Records? I'm going to Benaroya tomorrow, Some great PJ fan could pick me up there. I'm really nice. PLEASE!!!???? :)
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    No one mentioned the The new Chihuly exhibit? Oh a must see. I'm going to Seattle over Labor Day weekend. Trying to decide about going to the Gorge to see DMB for one night or hit up Bumbershoot...which is the way I'm leaning. So bummin I'm missing PJ in Philly but my trip was already booked when they announced.

Take a day to ride the ferry. Check out some of the islands and talk a walk about. Beautiful.

Thanks for all the info here, never been to Discovery Park or the 10C building. May check out Bruce Lee graves too.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Well my 2 days in Seattle are just over, off to the Olympic peninsula tomorrow. Visited:
    DIscovery park - you can take the 33 bus to discovery from downtown. its $2.25 each way and drops you on the road outside. About a 1.5 mile hike into the lighthouse
    Fremont troll & Magnuson Park/ The Soundgarden - The 30 bus goes to Magnuson via Fremont so you can go as far as fremont hop off get a coffee, chill & see the troll then hop back on and it will take you to the NOAA centre. Be warned, as this is a government site you need to bring proper ID - i had to show my passport. Its a nice walk through fairly random art. The Soundgarden is cool - if you go in the NOAA gate you can exit into Magneson park until 1.30. Be careful I got totally lost in Magneson as there are no signs. Took a while to get out :)
    EMP - definitely cool but disappointing so many good seattle/ washington bands just dont get a look in at all
    Pike Place Market - just interesting to wander about
    Bars visited: The Crocodile - great pizza & local 360 beer. They do happy hour til 7pm.
    Shortys & Lava in beltown both nice
    Comet & Lindas in Capitol Hill
    Capitol Hill seemed to be a more happening place to go out!
    Didnt make easy street.....will just have to come back again :)
    168dcfb.jpg
    Well my 2 days in Seattle are just over, off to the Olympic peninsula tomorrow. Visited:
    DIscovery park - you can take the 33 bus to discovery from downtown. its $2.25 each way and drops you on the road outside. About a 1.5 mile hike into the lighthouse
    Fremont troll & Magnuson Park/ The Soundgarden - The 30 bus goes to Magnuson via Fremont so you can go as far as fremont hop off get a coffee, chill & see the troll then hop back on and it will take you to the NOAA centre. Be warned, as this is a government site you need to bring proper ID - i had to show my passport. Its a nice walk through fairly random art. The Soundgarden is cool - if you go in the NOAA gate you can exit into Magneson park until 1.30. Be careful I got totally lost in Magneson as there are no signs. Took a while to get out :)
    EMP - definitely cool but disappointing so many good seattle/ washington bands just dont get a look in at all
    Pike Place Market - just interesting to wander about
    Bars visited: The Crocodile - great pizza & local 360 beer. They do happy hour til 7pm.
    Shortys & Lava in beltown both nice
    Comet & Lindas in Capitol Hill
    Capitol Hill seemed to be a more happening place to go out!
    Didnt make easy street.....will just have to come back again :)

next time remember that you can ask for a bus transfer (when you first get on) and you can ride another bus for free within a 2 hour time frame.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • also hit Easy Street Records west
    OMG fav place EVER!!!
    168dcfb.jpg

- Christopher McCandless
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    Has anyone here been to Mount Rainier? :) Would you recommend going there?
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com