I'm going to Seattle!!!!!!!

No0nesRivalNo0nesRival Posts: 95
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Can't believe it...I keep pinching myself!!!! I'm going to Seattle!!!! What would you visit if you could go? Those who've been...what should I see?? I've seen the 5H suggestions but wanted to hear what you guys would do. I wanted to schedule a tour at London Bridge studio, but they are charging 30 bux for a tour. I'll take a pic from the outside!! Wanna do free or low price stuff!
~FEEL THE FLOW~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I was there last month!

I highly recommend the Experience Music Project. Very cool place.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I hear there is this cool coffee house called starbux
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    81 wrote:

:lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • I would go to the Town Hall and demand the Mother Love Bone wall to be re painted with MOTHER LOVE BONE!!! Then I would go to the Benaroya Hall, The Moore Theatre, The Showbox, Sub Pop offices, Easy Street Records, The Off Ramp place, the coffee shop from Singles movie, the appartment building as well and of course I would go to Desoto!!!!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    Fuckin' a, enjoy!
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    We will be there in a week. We plan to go to the Space Needle, the aquarium, EMP and the science center (King Tut exhibit there looks cool). We will take in a Mariners game, visit some brewpubs, drink a lot of craft beer, go to Easy Street Records, Lincoln Park, Alki beach and eat at the Crab Pot. I am sure there is plenty more to do, but we only have 5 days ;)
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    guitar59 wrote:
    We will be there in a week. We plan to go to the Space Needle, the aquarium, EMP and the science center (King Tut exhibit there looks cool). We will take in a Mariners game, visit some brewpubs, drink a lot of craft beer, go to Easy Street Records, Lincoln Park, Alki beach and eat at the Crab Pot. I am sure there is plenty more to do, but we only have 5 days ;)

Could you maybe hooke me up with some Easy Street Stickers please? Pleas.
  • King Tut Exhibit!!! *BONUS
    Thanks for sharing!!!!
    :-)
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I wanna go back there...such a beautiful green city, hopefully next year.
    As mentioned, don't miss the EMP...we spent about 5 hours in there last fall, so much to do and see. Same with pike place market. Go inside Benaroya hall, it's free and you can have a look around when no one's playing or rehearsing, the guards are very friendly and will give you almost a bit of a guided tour...plus the view is beautiful. Lots of used books and record stores to have a look at. And make sure you have some seafood.
    We sadly didn't have a car, so we were a bit restricted in our sightseeing, but the surrounding areas are supposed to be awesome as well.
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Discovery Park. Make sure to go on an empty stomach.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • What's the Discovery Park and I don't know about the significance of Desoto. What happened there?
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    What's the Discovery Park and I don't know about the significance of Desoto. What happened there?

The video for Hunger Strike was shot at Discovery Park...this should look familiar :)

404294499_c27941ed50.jpg
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • -Emma- wrote:
    What's the Discovery Park and I don't know about the significance of Desoto. What happened there?

The video for Hunger Strike was shot at Discovery Park...this should look familiar :)

404294499_c27941ed50.jpg

Ok!!!! I was calling it the Temple o f the Dog Park, LOL!!! I was thinking it would be a quiet place. Is it commercial?a lot of eateries? Someone said go there hungry...cute...

I like that pic. May I use it?

Thanks guys for the info.!!! I planned a long trip! I will be there 9 WHOLE days!!! :-)
    Seattle is the 6th member of PJ!!! Ha! I read that in the Seattle Times.
    Okay...I was watching the movie Officer and Gentlemen and its set in Seattle! You can also see this lighthouse in that movie.
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    I would go to the Town Hall and demand the Mother Love Bone wall to be re painted with MOTHER LOVE BONE!!! Then I would go to the Benaroya Hall, The Moore Theatre, The Showbox, Sub Pop offices, Easy Street Records, The Off Ramp place, the coffee shop from Singles movie, the appartment building as well and of course I would go to Desoto!!!!

The Off Ramp is now El Corazon and hosts mainly Emo bands and Metal bands made of 16 year olds.
    Coffee Shop from singles didn't survive an earthquake and no longer exists.
    Subpop Offices relocated and no longer hosts a retail section open to the public.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    81 wrote:

It's obscure and hard to find though..
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    That place where they throw the salmon-pike place?
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Get_Right wrote:

Pike's Place Market! 8-)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • oona left wrote:
    I was there last month!

I highly recommend the Experience Music Project. Very cool place.

Thanks! This is now def. on my list!! How was your trip?
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Get_Right wrote:

Pike's Place Market! 8-)

I want to hang around there a lot! I can't wait to people watch there.
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • 81 wrote:

It's obscure and hard to find though..

I've heard the line is always out the door and around the corner, so I may or may not get to go in there.
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • I would go to the Town Hall and demand the Mother Love Bone wall to be re painted with MOTHER LOVE BONE!!! Then I would go to the Benaroya Hall, The Moore Theatre, The Showbox, Sub Pop offices, Easy Street Records, The Off Ramp place, the coffee shop from Singles movie, the appartment building as well and of course I would go to Desoto!!!!

Benaroya, Easy Street, and The showbox all on THE list!!! And the apt building...I'm such a nerd...but one of my friends said to me a die hard would pay 30 buxs for a tour of.the studio...grrrr
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • guitar59 wrote:

Easy Street, Science Museum, Lincoln Park, on THE list!!! What is special about Alki Beach?
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • PJ88 wrote:
    Fuckin' a, enjoy!

Thanks!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Kathi wrote:
    I wanna go back there...such a beautiful green city, hopefully next year.
    As mentioned, don't miss the EMP...we spent about 5 hours in there last fall, so much to do and see. Same with pike place market. Go inside Benaroya hall, it's free and you can have a look around when no one's playing or rehearsing, the guards are very friendly and will give you almost a bit of a guided tour...plus the view is beautiful. Lots of used books and record stores to have a look at. And make sure you have some seafood.
    We sadly didn't have a car, so we were a bit restricted in our sightseeing, but the surrounding areas are supposed to be awesome as well.

Benaroya, EMP, book stores... On THE list...thanks for the info about Benaroya!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • AzWicker wrote:
    Discovery Park. Make sure to go on an empty stomach.

Took me a few to get that one!!! Love it!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    the house where Kurt Cobain died?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    :thumbup: have an awesome time! Been wanting to go there for 20 years...one day!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    -Emma- wrote:

404294499_c27941ed50.jpg

Ok!!!! I was calling it the Temple o f the Dog Park, LOL!!! I was thinking it would be a quiet place. Is it commercial?a lot of eateries? Someone said go there hungry...cute...

I like that pic. May I use it?

I haven't been to Seattle before (I am going soon though!) so I don't know much about Discovery Park.

That pic was one that I found on google :) .
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Seattle is withouth doubt one of my favourite US cities.

Jimi Hendrix grave/memorial, Bruce Lee/Brandon lee graves, kurt Cobains house has a bench next to it which is still used as a memorial with people writing stuff/taping joints to it etc etc.

THE Soundgarden is awesome.

The Fremont Troll is incredible and a must see. The Beatle which is being crushed belonged to Andy Wood.

The house from singles.

The worlds first starbucks, the bubble gum wall and the fish throwing at the Pike Place Market.

Ten club but don't go there as they won't let you in :mrgreen:
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Niice!! Have fun!!
    I've been to Seattle twice and I really like it there. I have yet to get to the Seattle Music Experience but it's on my to do list next time I go to Seattle.

If the Crocodile Cafe is still there I recommend that place.
    FYI There are two different Easy Street Records in Seattle. The one that Pearl Jam played at is in West Seattle.
    If you go to the Space Needle, Key arena is almost right next door.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz