davidtrios wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    "you are not my brother anymore, you are not their uncle"
    "dont care, i stand by this decision. enough is enough"

Wow. Was that her message to you?

the first message was from her...i replied

she keeps asks asking me to fix this.

I don't have a sister or other family member in this situation to even offer any advice. I guess all I can say is you got the authorities involved and now let the professionals sort it out. I'm sure you're not in an easy or comfortable position but you feel you did the right thing and the right way will sort it self out. Best of luck for you and your sister.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    So when DCFS takes your sisters children, and throws them in a foster home, and your sister is screaming bloody murder, wishing YOU had maybe minded your own business, or maybe tried another solution before getting DCFS invloved, be sure to give us an update. When your nieces refer to you years from now as "Uncle David, the uncle we havent talked to in 20 years because he had DCFS tear apart our family".......When your brother in law comes home in the next few days, and wants to rip your head off....
    Or maybe down the road, his neices will refer to him as the uncle who tried to - and hopefully did - bring some peace into their lives. How many people in similar situations don't have someone - ONE person - willing to take action on their behalf?

Doesn't seem to me like this was done without forethought.

Doing the right thing isn't always easy and oftentimes has repercussions. Doesn't make it the wrong thing, though.
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    It's easy to judge another person when you haven't been in their shoes. That's all I'll say about that.

This....and I will add, you have to look out for the children. "You" being anyone who witnesses something that could seriously harm them.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    davidtrios wrote:

Stay strong, man. Wishing you all nothing but the best.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    What a difficult situation to face. Good luck to you, your sister and her kids. I hope her husband gets the help he needs as well. I think you did the right thing. You have to make it your business if there's a chance those kids are being abused, and chances are that what you don't know is much worse than what you do know. Unfortunately DCFS doesn't always make situations like these any better for the kids or the victimized partner, but I don't really think you had a choice. Hopefully this will be a starting point for more support. I don't think it's about your sister being weak. Survivors are some of the strongest people I know, but while being victimized there's often a systematic pattern of abuse that leads them to believe they are responsible for the abuser's every mood, emotion and behavior. They think they can and should control it, but they can't. The brainwashing that happens in abusive relationships is pretty powerful. The most dangerous time for a victim is when s/he leaves an abusive relationship. That's the time when they and the kids are most likely to be killed, so sometimes they stay in order to protect the kids. They know how to negotiate things within the relationship, but once they leave, all bets are off. I don't know enough about your sister's situation to know if any of this is relevant, but I'm sure there' are many layers to it. I hope everyone stays safe.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    You did the right thing. I wish that someone in my extended family had done that when I was growing up and my dad was abusing us. Maybe it would have been a wake up call for him.
    I'm sorry this is happening to your family. That guy needs to be a man and pull himself together, for the sake of his wife and kids.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    davidtrios wrote:
    Who didn't see this coming? this is classic ...
    Her and her daughters lives just got that much tougher with the authorities involved.
    She could be deemed unfit as well and perhaps rightfully so, not knowing for sure
    if the girls are being abused. This is family dysfunction and codependency
    with illegal drugs involved, she could be found unfit due to endangerment.

Will another family member step up to take the girls? Will you?

Time will tell if you made the right call,
    there is right then there is right.

It is she who must make the right call, maybe your wake up call will help this,
    I hope so very much.
    It is better to be alone then unhappy but that is not the nature of many.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    :evil: i know some people (not including myself of course) who could have a talk with dumbass :evil:

first off it has been going on long enough. secondly, why isn't the dude wearing a cast already?
    fuck being nice. he's a nasty mean bastard who is an abusive piece of trash who shouldn't have all his teeth. his lifestyle sucks. everything about him sucks. your sister is brainwashed like it always is in these situations.

she and the kids should leave and hide from him. he should get help and he should be healing busted nose and ribs

just becareful.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    It's easy to judge another person when you haven't been in their shoes. That's all I'll say about that.

+1
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • davidtrios wrote:

you are the bad guy for now.

she won't ever be able to find a way to thank you once the dust settles.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Julia just said he left to Arizona today...not for good but she said they both needed a break from each other. I'm praying it's perm. We celebrate as a family tonight!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,675
    davidtrios wrote:
    Julia just said he left to Arizona today...not for good but she said they both needed a break from each other. I'm praying it's perm. We celebrate as a family tonight!

you can only hope.....fingers crossed
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    davidtrios wrote:

Could see that one coming a mile off...
    Probably going to be a while before your sister will ever see past what you've done. Not to say that you weren't right in doing so...
    pandora wrote:
    Will another family member step up to take the girls? Will you?

That's a very important question. If you're reporting it to dcfs, I hope you volunteered to take custody of the children, as their system for fostering the kids presents a whole different set of dangers that could potentially be even worse than the situation they are in... at least where they are they have their mother, for better or worse...

As for anything else... well... Best of Luck. I hope it all works out for the best of everyone involved.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    davidtrios wrote:
    Far out! this feels freeing!
    I'm praying for healing and happiness for your family.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Hope this is the major turning point. Good that your sis is still communicating with you.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    a sample of the craziness that is my borther-in-law. can anyone interpret this?:

This is the best birthday present I can give you. Please protect yourself from gettting "sucked in"!!

I have been trying to create a "hospice" enviornment with no fighting. A good parent/spouse would embrace this behavior as a tide of change.
    Julia is resisting and I see a "black & white" world crumbling everyday as I sort the pieces to this puzzle. My 13 years of marriage, these traits I've observed. You will see them in reflection as you enable thier behavior which hurts yourself. She is not walking on eggshells with me, but with in herself inside her heart from selfish acts that plague her. It is hard to please the unpleasant, especially if the thirst can't be quenched no matter how big the cup!!(always steals your drink, I always "go large" LOL!)

Please move on in your life with caution of these traits that may be imbedded in you. Believe it or not, getting hit at AYSO was the best thing to happen to me!! I was able to show my evolution as a human by handling things properly and reflecting on the behavior of others tearing the family apart. I have to repair the time in which the children viewed my depression and mistakes revolving around it. I try to leave and a monumental fuck up brings me back into the family. A co-worker lost his best friend + the guys son from suicide due to this behavior. Alyssa is on the edge, although I have been coping better after the identification. I need to work on controlling the environment to identify traits to repair.

Now good luck and I will continue to work with the queen witch!!!

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sto ... r-children
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    does he know my ex?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    a sample of the craziness that is my borther-in-law. can anyone interpret this?:

This is the best birthday present I can give you. Please protect yourself from gettting "sucked in"!!

I have been trying to create a "hospice" enviornment with no fighting. A good parent/spouse would embrace this behavior as a tide of change.
    Julia is resisting and I see a "black & white" world crumbling everyday as I sort the pieces to this puzzle. My 13 years of marriage, these traits I've observed. You will see them in reflection as you enable thier behavior which hurts yourself. She is not walking on eggshells with me, but with in herself inside her heart from selfish acts that plague her. It is hard to please the unpleasant, especially if the thirst can't be quenched no matter how big the cup!!(always steals your drink, I always "go large" LOL!)

Please move on in your life with caution of these traits that may be imbedded in you. Believe it or not, getting hit at AYSO was the best thing to happen to me!! I was able to show my evolution as a human by handling things properly and reflecting on the behavior of others tearing the family apart. I have to repair the time in which the children viewed my depression and mistakes revolving around it. I try to leave and a monumental fuck up brings me back into the family. A co-worker lost his best friend + the guys son from suicide due to this behavior. Alyssa is on the edge, although I have been coping better after the identification. I need to work on controlling the environment to identify traits to repair.

interpret it...fuck i can't even read it.

i hate when people send me crazy messages. :fp: why do people do that?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    does he know my ex?

:lol::lol::lol:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    does he know my ex?

I know I joke a lot about it, but that message is so similar to just about every conversation I have with her, it's very frustrating.

David - I have a book that is called something like "Walking On Eggshells" which is exactly what I and now my sons deal with every day.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    does he know my ex?

I know I joke a lot about it, but that message is so similar to just about every conversation I have with her, it's very frustrating.

David - I have a book that is called something like "Walking On Eggshells" which is exactly what I and now my sons deal with every day.

Do you think it'll help my sister?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    davidtrios wrote:

I think he's is saying it's all her fault, that she is self loathing and destructive. Dude needs a mirror.
    davidtrios wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Do you think it'll help my sister?

the book? It might. It at explains things and lets you know that it's not your fault and that there are others in your same situation. I could not get through the whole thing, I was hoping that it would give advice on how to manage things, but most of the first part was just so close to my situation it was just too much. No sure if I explained that correctly - maybe to say that dealing with her is exhausting, so the last thing I wanted to do in my free time was to read about the issue more, I can only handle so much of it at a time
    I think he's is saying it's all her fault, that she is self loathing and destructive. Dude needs a mirror.

yes, that is one of the attributes of the issue, the person will not take 'personal responsibility' for things that they cause, but instead will project the blame onto everyone else around them. I often accused of the very same thing she is doing to me, it is very odd
    thanks, i know she always wants to change the subject when i try to reason with her...but, i think that book might help?? amazon.com here i come
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yes, that is one of the attributes of the issue, the person will not take 'personal responsibility' for things that they cause, but instead will project the blame onto everyone else around them. I often accused of the very same thing she is doing to me, it is very odd

very messed up. thanks for the insight BJ and Rick
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,665
    davidtrios wrote:

Yeah, my interpretation is that he feels he has made strides in changing and that the problems now lie with her...no idea how much validity there is to that...but it always takes 2 to tango.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    davidtrios wrote:
    thanks, i know she always wants to change the subject when i try to reason with her...but, i think that book might help?? amazon.com here i come

It may help her and maybe you. You are in a tough spot because you are trying to help her deal with someone with these issues - that is what I am up against when I try to help my sons - I was able to leave, they did not, they live with her part time. A book like that can at least give you some insight into why he behaves certain ways. It is certainly a mental illness and you can't reason with someone like that in a 'normal' way.