He fed my 13 year old niece weed and booze

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
My lucky sister ended up marrying an undiagnosed bi-polar/manic depressive who won't seek help. He's also a cocaine abuser that physically emotionally and verbally destorys her and her 3 daughters. I sometimes see bruises on their faces or hear them lashing out for no reason, but everything came to a boiling point last Sunday.

For the longest time (3+ years), he was enemployed. Stayed up all night working on his buddies' bikes, cars, etc- getting high on weed and coke. All the while collecting unemployment...until that ran out.

In the spring, she threatened to leave him if he didnt land a steady job....and he did. Now that he made a few bucks, he asked her permission to buy another motorcycle. She put her foot down and said no. Then, he snapped.

I don't know the details but I do know he ended up going to the hosp. to get stitches on his cracked skull.Out of craziness/anger/irresponsibile frustration, he slammed his stupid head on their kitchen glass table- in front of the 3 girls.

See, for the longest time while not working, he was supposed to work from home- buy beat up bikes, fix them and sell them for a profit. Since I haven't talked to the SOB in 3 years, I guess he wasn't really doing that. He was just collecting them, maybe occasionally selling them for weed and or coke.

Anyway, the night he went off on himself, Julia was so scared for her and the kids, she spent the night in my house. She asured me that he was moving out by last Friday, but he never did. I guess they talked things out.

So, if my sister doesn't love them enough to keep her children safe in their own home, I did something about it. This has been pattern of horrible behavior by him for years and I filed a report this morning. He's not a good provider, he's not a good husband, he's a horrible father...and he's crazy. My sis is obviously not protecting her girls. so i will.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Wishing all of the best for your family. I'm sure it's not easy to do that but hopefully some help can be found.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I can't argue with you at all. Good for you for standing up for your family.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    Can't disagree with your decision , the children's safety should be the main concern i believe you made the correct choice here ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Wow that seems like a real difficult situation, I think you did the right thing. Hopefully your sister understands that you did it because you care for her and her kids, and this doesn't create a problem between the both of you. I hope everything works out for the best.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I hope for the best, but it's a pretty fucked up system.

The courts proved that my ex brother in law abused my nephew and my sister while they were married and he still has custody of the child but he has a strike on his record that comes off in just a few years. To me that should be a one strike thing.

On another side of the coin, it was so easy for them to investigate my brother at the recommendation of their baby's doctor for a few minor bruises on a child just learning to crawl and get around. They didn't call people that knew my bro and his wife or do any sorta background check, just assumed the worst. I know it made my brother feel like a real piece of shit to just be accused of that.

I'd imagine that's just the tip of the iceberg with all variations from state to state.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hopefully, everyone involved will act like adults and move on with their lives so that all involved can be solid, happy members of society and the parents can provide a childhood filled with positive joyfull memories for the children caught in the middle.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    you did good by reporting it...

just keep in mind that when dcfs contacts them unless at least one of the kids verify to them that they've been phsyically abused there's not much if anything dcfs will do...

and another thing is be prepared that it's probable your sister & the kids will see you as the "bad guy" for reporting him. unforunately if he doesn't get out it has to be up to her to take the kids & leave him
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    81 wrote:
    hopefully, everyone involved will act like adults and move on with their lives so that all involved can be solid, happy members of society and the parents can provide a childhood filled with positive joyfull memories for the children caught in the middle.

Where's 81 and what have you done with him?
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Where's 81 and what have you done with him?

ya, seriously 81, what the fuck was that? did u even come up with that on your own? ;)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    why cant 81 say something positive and heartfelt?
    edited July 2012
    well, it just doesnt fit the mold of an 81 post. if you show me 1 or 2 examples of something heartfelt, then ill buy that
    Post edited by davidtrios on

:lol::lol:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    81 wrote:
    *SPEEDY falls off computer chair*

Where the fuck did that come from???

hehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    DS1119 wrote:

:D no seriously, i've been the biggest ass on here in the past, but every now and then everybody has something to say, i mean doesnt he know david in real life, wouldnt that make differance?
    edited July 2012
    :?
    DS1119 wrote:

:D no seriously, i've been the biggest ass on here in the past, but every now and then everybody has something to say, i mean doesnt he know david in real life, wouldnt that make differance?

He may know him but I don't think that makes a difference. :lol: Might make it worse. :lol::lol:
    ah, i had a different impression, either way, accept the positive! it was a nice thought.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    youngster wrote:
    I can't argue with you at all. Good for you for standing up for your family.

my thoughts exactly. i would have done the same thing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I don't understand why people marry other people who are so unfit for marriage...or any relationship for that matter.

I hope it all works out for the best.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    davidtrios wrote:
    My lucky sister ended up marrying an undiagnosed bi-polar/manic depressive who won't seek help. He's also a cocaine abuser that physically emotionally and verbally destorys her and her 3 daughters. I sometimes see bruises on their faces or hear them lashing out for no reason, but everything came to a boiling point last Sunday.

For the longest time (3+ years), he was enemployed. Stayed up all night working on his buddies' bikes, cars, etc- getting high on weed and coke. All the while collecting unemployment...until that ran out.

In the spring, she threatened to leave him if he didnt land a steady job....and he did. Now that he made a few bucks, he asked her permission to buy another motorcycle. She put her foot down and said no. Then, he snapped.

I don't know the details but I do know he ended up going to the hosp. to get stitches on his cracked skull.Out of craziness/anger/irresponsibile frustration, he slammed his stupid head on their kitchen glass table- in front of the 3 girls.

See, for the longest time while not working, he was supposed to work from home- buy beat up bikes, fix them and sell them for a profit. Since I haven't talked to the SOB in 3 years, I guess he wasn't really doing that. He was just collecting them, maybe occasionally selling them for weed and or coke.

Anyway, the night he went off on himself, Julia was so scared for her and the kids, she spent the night in my house. She asured me that he was moving out by last Friday, but he never did. I guess they talked things out.

So, if my sister doesn't love them enough to keep her children safe in their own home, I did something about it. This has been pattern of horrible behavior by him for years and I filed a report this morning. He's not a good provider, he's not a good husband, he's a horrible father...and he's crazy. My sis is obviously not protecting her girls. so i will.
    So when DCFS takes your sisters children, and throws them in a foster home, and your sister is screaming bloody murder, wishing YOU had maybe minded your own business, or maybe tried another solution before getting DCFS invloved, be sure to give us an update. When your nieces refer to you years from now as "Uncle David, the uncle we havent talked to in 20 years because he had DCFS tear apart our family".......When your brother in law comes home in the next few days, and wants to rip your head off....

Please be sure to give us updates....

Im not saying what you did was right or wrong...
    Im just saying I might have gone about this in a different way....

Because I think YOUR LIFE is about to get real ugly....
    I may be wrong...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    davidtrios wrote:

No offence....but your sister needs to grow the fuck up and think of her kids....and herself. Another
    'victim' story. Wtf is wrong with chicks? Stand up for yourself!! Stop dealing with cockheads and accepting shit lifestyles!! :x At least he has an 'excuse' (bipolar or whatever). These horrible situations are happening in front of your sister's kids....by CHOICE?! She could have left him! No one stopped her! She's an idiot!

I'm sure people will disagree with me....but I think some mothers are to blame as well in situations like this. Guy acting like a complete fuckhead multiple times = leave. Don't threaten to kick him out over and over, fight it out in front of the kids, wait for dramatic events to eventuate etc.....just fucking leave.

I'd never put up with this shit for myself....bring my (future) kids into it and it's war. Hell, if you fucked with my dogs I'd seriously hurt you (and want to kill you). And I'm not kidding. Don't know how people put up with this abuse for themselves and their kids.

Some women are so weak..........makes me sick..........I absolutely DO NOT understand!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Co dependency and the children are caught helpless in the middle ...

tough call

hope you did the right thing
    edited July 2012
    So when DCFS takes your sisters children, and throws them in a foster home, and your sister is screaming bloody murder, wishing YOU had maybe minded your own business, or maybe tried another solution before getting DCFS invloved, be sure to give us an update. When your nieces refer to you years from now as "Uncle David, the uncle we havent talked to in 20 years because he had DCFS tear apart our family".......When your brother in law comes home in the next few days, and wants to rip your head off....

Please be sure to give us updates....

Im not saying what you did was right or wrong...
    Im just saying I might have gone about this in a different way....

Because I think YOUR LIFE is about to get real ugly....
    I may be wrong...

I'd rather see them go a better home than be in that situation. I may look like the bad guy, but the toughest decisions are sometimes the right ones. If DCFS gives her an ultimatum, maybe this will be a wake up call to finally leave that scum.

And If that rat bastard comes at me, so be it.
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I'm not sure what to even say to this.... You had all the right intentions in the world cause you love your family, I just hope it all works out for you guys in the end.

Sending your family positive vibes!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
    No offence....but your sister needs to grow the fuck up and think of her kids....and herself. Another
    'victim' story. Wtf is wrong with chicks? Stand up for yourself!! Stop dealing with cockheads and accepting shit lifestyles!! At least he has an 'excuse' (bipolar or whatever). These horrible situations are happening in front of your sister's kids....by CHOICE?! She could have left him! No one stopped her! She's an idiot!

I'm sure people will disagree with me....but I think some mothers are to blame as well in situations like this. Guy acting like a complete fuckhead multiple times = leave. Don't threaten to kick him out over and over, fight it out in front of the kids, wait for dramatic events to eventuate etc.....just fucking leave.

I'd never put up with this shit for myself....bring my (future) kids into it and it's war. Hell, if you fucked with my dogs I'd seriously hurt you (and want to kill you). And I'm not kidding. Don't know how people put up with this abuse for themselves and their kids.

Some women are so weak..........makes me sick..........I absolutely DO NOT understand!

She IS weak. It's been going on for too long. The asshole brings nothing but destruction to that family and she never does a damn thing about it. I really hope this helps.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm wishing your sister all the best in the world... She needs to get the hell out of that roller coaster bullshit for her sake as well as her children. Your sister is in a mental abusive relationship. If her husband is a coke addict, she needs to get out quick.

Its sad but true - women will stick around hoping that things will change and get better but they never do. Women can be "weak"- its time she puts an end to it.....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    It's easy to judge another person when you haven't been in their shoes. That's all I'll say about that.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    I know you are acting out of love for your sister and her children. I wish you all the best... Love and safety too.

Here is an interesting article on Marital Violence

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles ... l-violence
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    It sounds like a very difficult, frustrating, and sad situation. I hope the best for you and your family.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    "you are not my brother anymore, you are not their uncle"
    "dont care, i stand by this decision. enough is enough"