Random thread about anything

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Ice cream social tomorrow
    Oh man. I hope layoffs aren't coming soon. Pass it around Milton. Don't be greedy.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Are we still calling stocking caps "tuques" in Canada? :lol::D
    Of course! It's toque, thank you very much. That's the only word for them here.
    Stocking caps?? That's what Americans call them?? Are you all 90 years old?? :lol:

Fucking Canadians

I tell ya

I was up there in Cranbrook several years ago playing in a hockey tournament staying with a family.

"Will! Will! Don't forget your tuque!"

My what?

"Tuque"

My hat?

"Yes, your tuque"

:fp:
    It's TOQUE dammit!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    norm wrote:
    speaking of Canadians...

c7b96219-55c7-4f43-b168-43670338fd21_zps6307aad1.jpg

:wtf: :? :sick:

Sweet baby Jesus

Good lord...nasty.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's TOQUE dammit!!

tuque (English: /ˈtuːk/; also spelled touque or toque)

Check and mate
    norm wrote:
    speaking of Canadians...

:shock: Okay, that is embarrassing. :lol: I have never heard of this before. But I did go to the Canucks game on Saturday, and after the game they were handing out ketchup Lay's potato chips. A true Canadian classic. Of course, no one actually likes them, so all these poor panhandlers hoping for change outside of the arena were sitting in drifts of bags of ketchup chips, and they were getting pretty pissed off. :lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's TOQUE dammit!!

tuque (English: /ˈtuːk/; also spelled touque or toque)

Check and mate
    Doh.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    norm wrote:
    speaking of Canadians...

:shock: Okay, that is embarrassing. :lol: I have never heard of this before. But I did go to the Canucks game on Saturday, and after the game they were handing out ketchup Lay's potato chips. A true Canadian classic. Of course, no one actually likes them, so all these poor panhandlers hoping for change outside of the arena were sitting in drifts of bags of ketchup chips, and they were getting pretty pissed off. :lol::lol:

I think Smarchee likes them
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    norm wrote:
    speaking of Canadians...

I think Smarchee likes them
    Well I guess someone besides the homeless must be eating them, or they wouldn't exist! No offense to the homeless... Or Smarchee. :P
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i found Bacon flavored ruffles in Canada! Not very 'bacony' flavored.

...and what are those sandwiches they sell at the rest stops called?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

:corn:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol:
    we're waiting PJ_Soul...tapping%20foot.gif
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Uummm... disgusting? :lol:
    ... I don't know what you mean - i thought we just have normal rest stop sandwiches? :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:yawn:

You expect her to know what a random sammich is called at some random rest stop in Canada?
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

... I don't know what you mean - i thought we just have normal rest stop sandwiches? :lol:

there was some kind of food that was always advertised at the rest stops when I was on tour...i asked my tour buddy about them, and she said it was a really popular Indian type of sandwich.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

You expect her to know what a random sammich is called at some random rest stop in Canada?
    :lol: Like saying do you know Bob from Toronto?
    Oh yeah! Canadian Bob! Great guy! :mrgreen:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Bob? :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

there was some kind of food that was always advertised at the rest stops when I was on tour...i asked my tour buddy about them, and she said it was a really popular Indian type of sandwich.
    :think: Hm. Nope, don't know it... but then, I'm not about to eat Indian food from the side of the road, so.... :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Sweet oaky bourbon 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Bob? :lol:
    Oh yeah, maybe I do know Bob. :lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    In 2 hours i serenade the dead
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    North Korea, Guns, Murdered Dogs and Candy Crush game.. This is my FB news feed today.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    LloydXmas wrote:
    North Korea, Guns, Murdered Dogs and Candy Crush game.. This is my FB news feed today.

candy crush is great to a point, then it gets impossible
    LloydXmas wrote:

candy crush is great to a point, then it gets impossible
    they want you to spend $
  • "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • i just remembered that i have no work OR school tomorrow so this is what i look like right now
    tumblr_inline_mifi7mJSgC1qz4rgp_zpsee816ca0.gif
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
    Ive Been Showing the executives how it's done all morning. Great day.
    i just remembered that i have no work OR school tomorrow so this is what i look like right now
    tumblr_inline_mifi7mJSgC1qz4rgp_zpsee816ca0.gif

25974.gif