Random thread about anything

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    LloydXmas wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    My wife has been at the DMV for over 3 hours to register my car. It closes in 18 minutes. And there are 17 people a head of her. :fp: :fp:
    OH I F*CKING HATE THE DMV!!!!!!

seriously - i want to own a business that people have to use and i have no competitors so i can treat my customers like pure shit and run the most inefficient business ever!
    She just texted me and said that someone yelled at their daughter and said "if you touch that water fountain, I'm gonna kill ya." :lol: Tensions are rising
    Ask her what she's making for dinner :? :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Ask her what she's making for dinner :? :lol:

or ask her to go to the store and get a bunch of stuff for you.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I asked. :lol:

She said not sure. I guess she's a keeper. :lol:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    LloydXmas wrote:

Wow!! You are an extremely lucky guy :clap:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    LloydXmas wrote:

just be careful what she makes...you can't taste cyanide in a plate of pasta ya know ;)
    Yeah. She's great. She always busts my balls and says that I've done my job (we've had three kids) and that's she sticks around for my health insurance.

:lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    LloydXmas wrote:
    My wife has been at the DMV for over 3 hours to register my car. It closes in 18 minutes. And there are 17 people a head of her. :fp: :fp:

wow...i'm typically in and out in under 5 minutes for registration. licenses take a bit longer, but still typically under 30 minutes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

wow...i'm typically in and out in under 5 minutes for registration. licenses take a bit longer, but still typically under 30 minutes
    Not sure why it's so long. It's new registration so there might be a different line for renewals. 2 more people to go !!! :lol:
    81 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

you have to go to the same place to get a licence and registrations?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

you have to go to the same place to get a licence and registrations?

same building.... multiple lines.

registration is one line...
    DL's.
    Title

but be anouther one for DL testing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Friend from school says my hair looks cool and asks how long I've been dreading it. I'm not dreading my hair at all, I've just been too lazy to brush it because I don't care about anything anymore.
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
    81 wrote:

same building.... multiple lines.

registration is one line...
    DL's.
    Title

but be anouther one for DL testing.

:fp: no wonder people freak out.

Here we have separate offices, can't think of any that are even next door to each other, or in the same complex/parking lot.

One place specifically just for renewing/getting a driver's licence. <
    this one is hell on earth. Though they have introduced 'renewals by mail' so my DL pic is from 10 years ago.

Totally separate office for renewing tabs, title changes, etc. <
    I don't mind going to this one, never waited longer than 10 minutes.

- Christopher McCandless
    I do my license renewals at a triple a office. In and out In 5 minutes.
    LloydXmas wrote:

The DMV has a computer by the front door, so you just scan your current/expiring licence, it asks, "is your address correct?" you tap 'yes' swipe a debit/credit card, and then it prints out a paper temp licence and you get the real one in the mail within 2 weeks.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

The DMV has a computer by the front door, so you just scan your current/expiring licence, it asks, "is your address correct?" you tap 'yes' swipe a debit/credit card, and then it prints out a paper temp licence and you get the real one in the mail within 2 weeks.
    That's cool. I think my buddy in CA said he can do everything online as long as your taxes are paid up. Waiting for this in CT
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Friend from school says my hair looks cool and asks how long I've been dreading it. I'm not dreading my hair at all, I've just been too lazy to brush it because I don't care about anything anymore.

:(
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Ice cream social tomorrow

Cute

don't forget the cherry!

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    RKCNDY wrote:

don't forget the cherry!
    Or the pantaloons!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

don't forget the cherry!
    Or the pantaloons!

Hot
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

don't forget the cherry!
    Or the pantaloons!

My pants? Or does that mean something else in Canada?
    Are we still calling stocking caps "tuques" in Canada? :lol::D
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

don't forget the cherry!
    Or the pantaloons!

Pretty sure they're the same thing on both sides of the border:
    pantaloons.jpg

I think they'd look good on you. :mrgreen:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Or the pantaloons!

Pretty sure they're the same thing on both sides of the border:
    pantaloons.jpg

I think they'd look good on you. :mrgreen:

You "think"??? You're damn straight they would...
    Of course! It's toque, thank you very much. That's the only word for them here.
    Stocking caps?? That's what Americans call them?? Are you all 90 years old?? :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    speaking of Canadians...

c7b96219-55c7-4f43-b168-43670338fd21_zps6307aad1.jpg

:wtf: :? :sick:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Of course! It's toque, thank you very much. That's the only word for them here.
    Stocking caps?? That's what Americans call them?? Are you all 90 years old?? :lol:

Fucking Canadians

I tell ya

I was up there in Cranbrook several years ago playing in a hockey tournament staying with a family.

"Will! Will! Don't forget your tuque!"

My what?

"Tuque"

My hat?

"Yes, your tuque"

:fp:
    Oh man. I hope layoffs aren't coming soon. Pass it around Milton. Don't be greedy.
    norm wrote:
    speaking of Canadians...

c7b96219-55c7-4f43-b168-43670338fd21_zps6307aad1.jpg

:wtf: :? :sick:

Sweet baby Jesus