Fuckin' coffee is cold
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I've done nothing today, even less than usual
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Maybe Jonny could use this...

a-useful-products-0.jpg?w=500&h=375
    I lost a bet...
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    never watched the show, only saw the kid on one of the late shows - but i think this is really sad

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/01/showbiz/b ... ?hpt=hp_t2
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Maybe Jonny could use this...

a-useful-products-0.jpg?w=500&h=375

cool, not a bad idea!

But i like to stuff my pants full of pistachios when i go to the bar. And i leave a few tiny shells in places where they wont get cleaned up. Only in dive bars... kinda like my signature on the place.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    drunk-octopus-wants-to-fight-you.jpg
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Some of the answers.... "In the graveyard." :fp: :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    drunk-octopus-wants-to-fight-you.jpg

i chuckled
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    just when i think, we have reached maximum dysfunction....it goes to a new level. :lol::lol::lol:

guess there is a reason we have a moral committee. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    just when i think, we have reached maximum dysfunction....it goes to a new level. :lol::lol::lol:

guess there is a reason we have a moral committee. :lol::lol::lol:

more baggo?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    locked threads, :lol:

your delusional

no, you are.

no, since you called me delusional, that proves that you are.

:lol:

just like dealing with the ex
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    http://www.elkharttruth.com/article/201 ... /711179917

ELKHART — Turns out, his scenes in “Hoosiers” as head coach Norman Dale weren’t the only fatherly words that Gene Hackman delivered to the eight guys who played his Hickory High players.

Steve Hollar recalled Wednesday night that it was also the legendary actor who talked him and most of the other players into making their first acting gigs their last.

“We were at this casting party after everything had wrapped up, very intimate, at St. Elmo’s (steak house in Indianapolis),” Hollar said of a December 1985 gathering, “and Hackman, whose kind of like this dad figure, asks, ‘What are you guys doing next?’

“And we’re all looking at him like, ‘Duh. We’re gonna be actors.’

“So he kind of asked us what it was before three months ago when filming started that we wanted to do,” Hollar said. “When it came to me, I was like, ‘Well, I’m enrolled at DePauw and want to be pre-dental,’ and he’s like, ‘Don’t let this change you.’ His advice to us was that there are more starving actors and actresses in LA than you can imagine. He said, ‘They serve me dinner every night,’ and his point was that I already had a dream, and it wasn’t a dream to act, so don’t get off rail.”

Hollar didn’t. Today, he is a dentist in his hometown of Warsaw.

On Wednesday, he was among a handful of “Hoosiers” actors who attended a 25th anniversary screening of the movie at the Lerner Theatre. The screening, free to the public and drawing about 350 viewers, followed a VIP dinner and silent auction that attracted about 100 fans at $35 a seat.

Hollar — as Rade Butcher, a player who clashes with Hackman’s Dale — had the most lines among all of the players in the movie. He says he only knows because his fraternity brothers once told him. He estimates that he had well over a dozen, but less than two dozen.

And yet, he only ended up in the film that has been rated by ESPN as the best sports movie ever made because an older basketball teammate at DePauw, ex-Plymouth star Phil Wendel, needed somebody to drive him to Indianapolis for the open casting tryouts.

After about 15 call-backs for further testing, Hollar, who had no acting experience at all, was awarded one of the parts as a Hickory player.

Wendel, meanwhile, was among the roughly 700 hopefuls who were not. All the players cast except one were from Indiana.

“It’s amazing,” Hollar said Wednesday of both the movie’s original box-office draw and its staying power. “I think it’s because it’s a story about more than basketball. It hits on the fiber of Hoosier people and how important basketball is to them, but it’s also about redemption and second chances in life.”

“It’s a combination of things,” added Greenwood native Brad Long, who portrayed Hickory player Buddy Walker in the movie that was set in 1951-52. “The writer and director got it right. Sports movies can done so badly, but this one captured the period. I’ve had gentlemen in their 70s come to me with tears in their eyes and say, ‘That’s the way it was. We had the barbershop talks, had those caravans to the games.’ The second thing is everybody loves an underdog. It makes people feel good about themselves when you see people overachieving, and the third thing is it’s based on a true story. Those are always better, of more interest to me.”

In the case of “Hoosiers,” the true story that it’s loosely gleaned from is that of the 1954 team from tiny Milan High that won the state title.

Milan (enrollment 162) beat Muncie Central (enrollment 1,662) in the real title game, part of a Final Four that also involved Elkhart and Terre Haute Gerstmeyer.

In the movie, Hickory takes down South Bend Central, and there’s not even an inference to who the other Final Four teams are as far as Hollar and Long could recall Wednesday.

Hollar and Long were paid the minimum of roughly $25,000 each under Screen Actor Guild guidelines in 1986, and they still collect small residual checks four times a year.

“Thing is,” Long said about the individuals who were cast as Hickory players, “I think every one of us would’ve done it for free.”
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    "I was doin' an April Fool's joke...." :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stse7BSp9PI
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:

"Be careful on yous April Fool's Jokes" hheeeehhhaaawwhawhawhawhaw ***blblbltltlttt***

that last part makes me go :fp:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    afroannnie wrote:

:fp:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

"Be careful on yous April Fool's Jokes" hheeeehhhaaawwhawhawhawhaw ***blblbltltlttt***

that last part makes me go :fp:

"Next thing I knew, there was law everywhere...their response was excellent" :lol: :fp:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Google is supposed to send me a replacement nexus 7 (tablet) but they're sending me a replacement nexus 4 (smartphone). Might not say anything and just keep the phone when it comes.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Google is supposed to send me a replacement nexus 7 (tablet) but they're sending me a replacement nexus 4 (smartphone). Might not say anything and just keep the phone when it comes.
    Good idea. The phone is handier probably.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    bring me a higher love
    i hate dry skin :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    That's what all chronic masturbators say.. ;) :wave:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :shh:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:

really? :shock:
    Almost drank from a spitter
    Done it.. you are very lucky sir
    Caveeze wrote:

Saw a girl do it in high school :lol:
    Caveeze wrote:

Saw a girl do it in high school :lol:
    tastes worse on the way out