Posters at the shows

Comments

• neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    vein wrote:
    There's no question the easiest thing the band can do to "help" slightly in this matter is to allow every 10c member that buys tickets to the show an option for 1 poster. This will at least put "most" posters in the hands of the right people.

this is the way.
  • applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    this is the way.

oh yea. so the same people who are doing this get another one easily.

it's the 10 club people that are primarily at the show as soon as the gates open. and its them who actually care about this stuff.
  • denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    applenut wrote:
    oh yea. so the same people who are doing this get another one easily.

it's the 10 club people that are primarily at the show as soon as the gates open. and its them who actually care about this stuff.

I was shut out last night, it didn't really suck as the posters were exactly the same from the night before, not even a color change? What the fuck! I do however collect the posters as I view them as art. I have all my posters framed and matted nice and always receive compliments on them. It's art to me, maybe a few more could be printed...but as I said earlier, I was one of those guys who bought two and sold one...until I was shut down, and now I feel for those who are shut down and stopped buying extras since 98'.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    MSG 03 , all over again.

blame the crooked concessionaires. Hoarding them, then flipping them later on eBay . ( especially when they see the foaming at the mouth fans scurrying about to get their hands on one )

Why are people consistantly blaming 10C ? :confused:
    They have little or nothing to do with concession sales at any given venue . In fact, when they do put them up for sale, its explicitly 1 per member not to be resold .

One method would be to ticket- punch your ticket stub after purchasing your 1 allowed poster. Or, perhaps , marked in some fashion with a magic marker- or whatever. You need your ticketstub to get your 1 allowed poster . No ticket, no poster, plain and simple . This would severly cut down on multiples and eBay flippers .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • liesandsaysliesandsays Posts: 132
    Stupid People + ebay (the epitome of capitalism) = the real problem
    problme
    in my opinion the real losers are the idiots who buy a bunch of stuff and sell on ebay... they are just contributing to ebay's outrageous profits..

Meg Whitman makes how much? Why? Because ebay charges a small fortune in fees... you pay listing, and then a portion of your sales price...etc.. it is a hard way to make a buck and anyone who thinks they are getting rich on ebay is an idiot...

plus... they are exceptionally greedy to buy more than one item at a show..
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • denverfan wrote:
    I was shut out last night, it didn't really suck as the posters were exactly the same from the night before, not even a color change? What the fuck! I do however collect the posters as I view them as art. I have all my posters framed and matted nice and always receive compliments on them. It's art to me, maybe a few more could be printed...but as I said earlier, I was one of those guys who bought two and sold one...until I was shut down, and now I feel for those who are shut down and stopped buying extras since 98'.

I was able to get the Pearl Jam only poster without any problems (night 2 they still had them at the end of the concert) but the Pearl Jam/Tom Petty one is the one I missed out on...if anyone found an extra please PM me! :)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/bluntmang420/denver2.jpg
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves
  • If somebody in front of you bought 6 then you should have gotten in line before them.
    By your "logic" this means that any of us who want our poster should be very first in line. How in the fuck is this possible?

And I'm really happy for any of you who got a poster at every show you went to, but I'd be willing to bet you were not at East Rutherford 2.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • if the posters are strictly limited i hope everyone is ready for the ebay prices to double and triple. i cant think of a solution besides increasing the print runs, however that will piss off even more people. its a no win situation.
  • 13PJ13 wrote:
    By your "logic" this means that any of us who want our poster should be very first in line. How in the fuck is this possible?

And I'm really happy for any of you who got a poster at every show you went to, but I'd be willing to bet you were not at East Rutherford 2.

I was at E. Rutherford 2 and I got 2 posters. I only got there about 20 minutes before doors opened.
    Im Rick James bitch!
  • I was at E. Rutherford 2 and I got 2 posters. I only got there about 20 minutes before doors opened.
    I don't see how, but I'm not accusing you of lying. I assure you I was in line for doors by 5:30, with only 3 people ahead of my own group of friends. After the holdup at the door with the guy in front of us fighting the guard to bring his poster tube in, we got onto 1, 2, and then 3 poster lines to have them sell out in front of us each time. Meanwhile, we watched several people walk away from the vendors with anywhere from 5 to 10 posters each.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • tdlftdaporchtdlftdaporch Posts: 158
    I'm planning on buying two posters for the San Diego show. One for myself and one to send to my friend overseas. Pearl Jam does not play in Israel, but she is going to Berlin to see them and is in turn sending me a poster.

What do you think? It is still selfish, but I woudn't call it greedy.
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
  • i was in the line to the left of that guy. I would have grabbed his tube and threw it to the bottom of the steps and walked in.

If it wasnt for him you would have gotten a poster. Something like that is unpredictable though.

I got two. My buddy who isnt really a PJ fan and certainly not a collector got one too. I think that is also a big part of it too. Because of all the frenzy over these things it is making people desire them because there is excitement around them.

In 98 you could get posters after the show. The posters arent as good and the runs are bigger yet they sell out instantly now. People are sheep and they follow the herd. They all want posters now because its the cool thing. A lot of these posters wont be worth shit in a year or so just like Canadian posters.
    Im Rick James bitch!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    13PJ13 wrote:
    but I'd be willing to bet you were not at East Rutherford 2.

i was there and got lucky.

If you want to call " lucky " lining up ouitside of gate A just adjacent to that multi-level parking garage .

I chose to line up early ( and wasnt the only one ), instead of tailgating.

Everyone that was proximal to me outside on the line, seemed to get a poster once we were on the inside. . There was a bit of a scramble, but my GF and I both got 1 .

The vendor at the first booth we went to was selling multiples to people until the supervisor stepped in and enforced the rule . ( better late then never - but definitely some people did get multiples - no doubt )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • i was in the line to the left of that guy. I would have grabbed his tube and threw it to the bottom of the steps and walked in.

If it wasnt for him you would have gotten a poster. Something like that is unpredictable though.

I got two. My buddy who isnt really a PJ fan and certainly not a collector got one too. I think that is also a big part of it too. Because of all the frenzy over these things it is making people desire them because there is excitement around them.

In 98 you could get posters after the show. The posters arent as good and the runs are bigger yet they sell out instantly now. People are sheep and they follow the herd. They all want posters now because its the cool thing. A lot of these posters wont be worth shit in a year or so just like Canadian posters.
    Ah, so you came in near us, then. Yeah, he was an asshole and I cursed him out big time. I just couldn't believe the nerve. Even worse, he and his girlfriend had been there at ER1 (we found out through very quick conversation when we first walked up to the doors), so there's no way they didn't know the rules. I still believe, however, it was a combo of him and the shifty vendors, and not solely him that kept us from getting posters.
    We had no trouble getting them at Camden 1 or 2.

So, uh, any chance your friend would be interested in making a couple bucks off of his haphazard purchase? ;)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    i was there and got lucky.

If you want to call " lucky " lining up ouitside of gate A just adjacent to that multi-level parking garage .

I chose to line up early ( and wasnt the only one ), instead of tailgating.

Everyone that was proximal to me outside on the line, seemed to get a poster once we were on the inside. . There was a bit of a scramble, but my GF and I both got 1 .

The vendor at the first booth we went to was selling multiples to people until the supervisor stepped in and enforced the rule . ( better late then never - but definitely some people did get multiples - no doubt )

I am far from a tailgater, trust me. I was in line by 5:30. Only 3 people in front of my at my door of choice. Unfortunately, as I stated earlier, one of them decided to try and fight the law over a poster tube. Held us up. By the time we got to the vendors, there were lines that moved slowly, becaues it apparently takes much longer to ring up 10 posters per person than 1 per. Sigh.
    Still on the lookout for a copy of that one, if anyone knows of anyone looking to sell. Thanks :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • 13PJ13 wrote:
    Ah, so you came in near us, then. Yeah, he was an asshole and I cursed him out big time. I just couldn't believe the nerve. Even worse, he and his girlfriend had been there at ER1 (we found out through very quick conversation when we first walked up to the doors), so there's no way they didn't know the rules. I still believe, however, it was a combo of him and the shifty vendors, and not solely him that kept us from getting posters.
    We had no trouble getting them at Camden 1 or 2.

So, uh, any chance your friend would be interested in making a couple bucks off of his haphazard purchase? ;)

He already framed it and hung it. Its his memento of his first Pj show and the night he sat next to Gisele!!!!
    Im Rick James bitch!
  • 13PJ13 wrote:
    I am far from a tailgater, trust me. I was in line by 5:30. Only 3 people in front of my at my door of choice. Unfortunately, as I stated earlier, one of them decided to try and fight the law over a poster tube. Held us up. By the time we got to the vendors, there were lines that moved slowly, becaues it apparently takes much longer to ring up 10 posters per person than 1 per. Sigh.
    Still on the lookout for a copy of that one, if anyone knows of anyone looking to sell. Thanks :)

So, many people around me apparently think I'm an asshole b/c I wanted to bring in a poster tube. I brought one in NO PROBLEM at Albany, and I didn't want to trash it. I do sincerely wish someone had, as they suggested, "taken it out of 'my' hand and thrown it down the steps," since your delay would have definitely gotten longer. And I was NOT at ER1, which is why I wanted to be sure to get a poster for ER2. I did not, because I had multiple people in front of me buying several copies of the poster, and the vendors were full of $hit about how many they had originally. Dragging my poster tube delay into this, which was about 10 seconds, is ridiculous. The problem was the vendors, plain and simple. I had 3 people in front of me in line, and didn't get a poster.
    "They would have you kill all the world's children to save theirs."- Maura Kincaid
    So, many people around me apparently think I'm an asshole b/c I wanted to bring in a poster tube. I brought one in NO PROBLEM at Albany, and I didn't want to trash it. I do sincerely wish someone had, as they suggested, "taken it out of 'my' hand and thrown it down the steps," since your delay would have definitely gotten longer. And I was NOT at ER1, which is why I wanted to be sure to get a poster for ER2. I did not, because I had multiple people in front of me buying several copies of the poster, and the vendors were full of $hit about how many they had originally. Dragging my poster tube delay into this, which was about 10 seconds, is ridiculous. The problem was the vendors, plain and simple. I had 3 people in front of me in line, and didn't get a poster.

WHAT??? I had no problem with my tube...stick to cardboard and I've never had an issue...My little secret...I can fit a sixer of tall boys into my tube..SWEET!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

• denverfan wrote:
    WHAT??? I had no problem with my tube...stick to cardboard and I've never had an issue...My little secret...I can fit a sixer of tall boys into my tube..SWEET!

Huh? They don't check it as you're going in? That's crazy. You could have an RPG launcher in there for all they know.
  • Huh? They don't check it as you're going in? That's crazy. You could have an RPG launcher in there for all they know.

Or a sixer of tall boys...Anyway, I think I made my point. Live and let live.
    "They would have you kill all the world's children to save theirs."- Maura Kincaid
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    problme
    in my opinion the real losers are the idiots who buy a bunch of stuff and sell on ebay... they are just contributing to ebay's outrageous profits..

Meg Whitman makes how much? Why? Because ebay charges a small fortune in fees... you pay listing, and then a portion of your sales price...etc.. it is a hard way to make a buck and anyone who thinks they are getting rich on ebay is an idiot...

We need to find out who this "NINERSFAN" ass is. For some reason this guy gets merchandise from every show, specifically posters and then jacks the prices through the roof. Someone needs to stop this money hungry whore. This poster thing is getting way out of control.
    Huh? They don't check it as you're going in? That's crazy. You could have an RPG launcher in there for all they know.

LMAO!!!! Chalk it up to inept security but I have never had my tube checked!

• JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,076
    We need to find out who this "NINERSFAN" ass is. For some reason this guy gets merchandise from every show, specifically posters and then jacks the prices through the roof. Someone needs to stop this money hungry whore. This poster thing is getting way out of control.

can't wait to get ripped for this, but it is a free market and if a bunch of capitalistic people want to get together, pool their resources and make money off of selling posters...great for them. i guess it is a flaw in the system. i don't see people bitching and moaning when people sell older posters or even t-shirts from this tour on ebay for over original purchase cost.

and ninersfan is not jacking the price through the roof, the people bidding on the posters (you know who you are) are the ones jacking the price through the roof. obviously if he/she/they put all their posters on ebay at a buy it now price of 10x the original purchase cost, then yes, they would be jacking up the price.

i don't see what the difference is between ebay'ing tour posters and people ebay'ing anything anything else.

like i said before, show up when the doors open and you should have no problem getting a poster. if you want to waltz in the door 15 mins before pearl jam goes on stage because you don't want to sit through the opener, then that is your problem.

who says these people are stupid? are they stupid just because you say they are? or are they stupid because they are paying what the poster is worth to them?

how is someone who sees a way to make money a loser? if i could go buy $100 worth of a product and turn it around on ebay for $500-1000 i would do it as fast as i could. it is all about supply and demand. and as for ebay and their profits...i could care less. you are using their service, so they deserve to get their cut. if you want to go about doing business without them, it is not that hard. it is not like ebay is the only way to buy and sell on the 2nd market.

as for the one poster per person...when the rule is unenforced, then it is not really a rule.
    JSBE wrote:
    can't wait to get ripped for this, but it is a free market and if a bunch of capitalistic people want to get together, pool their resources and make money off of selling posters...great for them. i guess it is a flaw in the system. i don't see people bitching and moaning when people sell older posters or even t-shirts from this tour on ebay for over original purchase cost.

and ninersfan is not jacking the price through the roof, the people bidding on the posters (you know who you are) are the ones jacking the price through the roof. obviously if he/she/they put all their posters on ebay at a buy it now price of 10x the original purchase cost, then yes, they would be jacking up the price.

i don't see what the difference is between ebay'ing tour posters and people ebay'ing anything anything else.

like i said before, show up when the doors open and you should have no problem getting a poster. if you want to waltz in the door 15 mins before pearl jam goes on stage because you don't want to sit through the opener, then that is your problem.

I think it's more of the greed here. Who doesn't want to make a little money on something. But NINERSFAN hoards up everything and yes, the people bidding jack up the prices, point taken well. However, the prices wouldn't have to be jacked up so high if they weren't all pooled by one bastard. We all want a piece of the show, a piece of our night. A piece to frame and put on our wall. But assholes out there are just out to make fast cash. Sure you can say that there is no difference between Ebaying the posters or anything else. But I feel there is. The posters are a hot item right now amoungst the fans. People are out there to take advantage of that. Now if I sell my Barry Sanders (greatest running back of all time) rookie card, not too many people will give a shit. It's not in demand. Now if soon as Barry Sanders retired and I put it on Ebay, I'd be as guilty as the poster dicks! I'm lining up at 12 for my poster!
  • JSBE wrote:

So we've basically determined that you're an ebayer at least. Nothing wrong with that, but I can definitely say that ER2, I was there immediately after the doors open, with three people in front of me, and I did not get a poster. So you can think whatever you want, but the fact is the system is broken.
    I think it's more of the greed here. Who doesn't want to make a little money on something. But NINERSFAN hoards up everything and yes, the people bidding jack up the prices, point taken well. However, the prices wouldn't have to be jacked up so high if they weren't all pooled by one bastard. We all want a piece of the show, a piece of our night. A piece to frame and put on our wall. But assholes out there are just out to make fast cash. Sure you can say that there is no difference between Ebaying the posters or anything else. But I feel there is. The posters are a hot item right now amoungst the fans. People are out there to take advantage of that. Now if I sell my Barry Sanders (greatest running back of all time) rookie card, not too many people will give a shit. It's not in demand. Now if soon as Barry Sanders retired and I put it on Ebay, I'd be as guilty as the poster dicks! I'm lining up at 12 for my poster!

come on, let's be realistic. ninersfan does not hoard up everything. ninersfan could be 5 people, it could be 10 people it could be 100 people...but they don't hoard everything otherwise no one would be able to claim they bought a poster at the show and still have it in their possession.

you obviously try to sell something on ebay (or anywhere else) when you can capitalize and make the most profit. who is going to sell on ebay to make 50 cents on the dollar? for your barry sanders reference, think of the hottest baseball player right now...albert pujols? jon papelbon? go on ebay and look up for one of their rare rookie cards. i bet you it is going for a lot. now go and look for a nintendo ds lite. yup. going for a lot. i bet the new t-mobile sidekick 3 will be going for a lot in a week or so if they aren't already. i bet you last week and the week before there was a TON of superman stuff on ebay just like i'm sure there is a ton of pirates of the carribean stuff on ebay right now.

maybe you just have too much of a conscience to make a buck if you can.

i am in no way, shape or form any part of ninersfan and i'm too much in debt to try to go out and buy stuff on the cheap to turn it around for a quick buck.
    So we've basically determined that you're an ebayer at least. Nothing wrong with that, but I can definitely say that ER2, I was there immediately after the doors open, with three people in front of me, and I did not get a poster. So you can think whatever you want, but the fact is the system is broken.

i am an ebayer, but i would say that 99% of the stuff i sell ebay is stuff that i have had in my possession for a while (vinyl, dvds, video games, etc) that i just don't use as much as i once did and selling to someone that wants them and wants to put money in my pocket (or in my credit card company's pocket) is ok with me.

i don't think the system is broken as much as there just so many hands in the pot that it is tough to enforce the system. there are just so many ways around it even if you do go up to the stand empty handed and buy just one poster.

i don't remember when ebay started getting really popular, but i don't remember there being such a fuss over the posters in 98 or even 2000...it all seemed to blow up during the 03 tour. a lot of you people (and sorry to use "you people" here) are really surprised to find out that there are people in the world that take advantage or see an opportunity to make money and do so.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    How can you tell if someone has made a color copy of the poster?
    JSBE wrote:

maybe you just have too much of a conscience to make a buck if you can.

i am in no way, shape or form any part of ninersfan and i'm too much in debt to try to go out and buy stuff on the cheap to turn it around for a quick buck.

I have a conscience and I don't take advantage of people. But having a conscience and making money have nothing to do with each other, yet they have everything to do with each other. I'm just not the scum bag POS used car salesman type.