Stupid neighbor

2»

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    do something to her toothbrush

I agree.
    I used to have an elderly woman as a neighbor, she was a lot like this neighbor sounds, and that woman damn near drove everybody in the neighborhood crazy. She called the cops on everybody in the neighborhood, including me twice. The first time I was having a Super Bowl party. It wasn't a huge party, and we certainly weren't loud, there's NO WAY she could have heard us, but she saw the cars and took it upon herself to call the cops with a noise complaint. Another time she called the cops because she saw me messing around the house around 10 at night. I basically walked out the front door, went in the gate to the back yard and took the trash bin out to the curb, then went back in the front door. Next thing I know the cops are at my door because my neighbor saw somebody "skulking around" my property.

She was sort of the self-appointed home-owner's association, going around and telling people they couldn't have "that" in their yard, and a lot of other things that weren't her business. The final straw came when somebody in the neighborhood was moving and put up some signs for a garage sale. This lady went around the neighborhood (and onto other people's property) collecting the signs which she threw in her garage. In an attempt to give her a taste of her own medicine somebody sent the cops over to give her a trespassing warning. She sort of calmed down after that and decided to focus her energy on local politics and civic matters. From then on the only time I heard from her was when she wanted me to go vote on some zoning issue or to sign a petition to not allow some business to put up a sign. She was pretty friendly after that, just took somebody turning her own game against her before she decided to mellow out.

It would have been much quicker if you just pissed on her front door. :lol:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

She needs a hobby.

If she has words for me, I'm going to politely let her have it though.

is it that hard to walk the dog somewhere else? I promise your dog won't know the difference.

Does she own the building next door? Are dogs allowed next door?

You know what's going to happen... 10 years from now, you'll be living in your own home. You will take great care of your lawn and it will still look like shit from dogs pissing on it. People will not pick up their dog crap, either, and your kid is going to step in it while out front playing with bubbles or sidewalk chalk.

I guarantee it! And you will think "ahh... now I get it!"
    Did you not read my post?

Please reread and then agree with me.

I'm NOT walking the dog in her yard.

And I'm not taking the dog through the ally. There's no grass back there and the only other place to take the dog if walking that way would be to somebody else's yard.

She doesn't want us taking the dog in front of our own building. Please read carefully. Thanks.

• She needs a hobby.

If she has words for me, I'm going to politely let her have it though.

is it that hard to walk the dog somewhere else? I promise your dog won't know the difference.

Does she own the building next door? Are dogs allowed next door?

You know what's going to happen... 10 years from now, you'll be living in your own home. You will take great care of your lawn and it will still look like shit from dogs pissing on it. People will not pick up their dog crap, either, and your kid is going to step in it while out front playing with bubbles or sidewalk chalk.

I guarantee it! And you will think "ahh... now I get it!"
    Did you not read my post?

Please reread and then agree with me.

I'm NOT walking the dog in her yard.

And I'm not taking the dog through the ally. There's no grass back there and the only other place to take the dog if walking that way would be to somebody else's yard.

She doesn't want us taking the dog in front of our own building. Please read carefully. Thanks.

geez...sooorrry! This is what I got hooked up on: It's a different condo building next door.. Just a little grass area in the front between the building and the street.

anyway... your building or not...it's still gonna happen!

and edit--yes, it's weird that she's concerned about a building that she doesn't live in. I will agree with that. However, she's old. Old people do weird shit and it's hard for me to get pissed off at them, no matter what. We're all gonna be old too--I will probably yell at everyone for not parking between the lines in the parking lot or something like that...
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    I hate to say it, but this is what you get for having a dog in the city, in a condo building no less. Our real estate is so small here in the city, its damn near rude to your neighbors to have a dog in such close quarters. I don't understand what it is with "dog" people. Can you really not understand that certain people DONT LIKE DOGS! I don't want to go to Home Depot and have some ass running his bulldog through the aisles. When I get in an elevator, I dont want a dog sniffing at my feet! If you really want a healthy, happy and well liked animal, move to the suburbs where you can have a yard and your dog can shit all he wants were he wants. I live in a single family home and my neighbor has two HUGE fucking dogs, and she keeps them in the house no less. They bark all night, she lets them shit in her back yard without cleaning it up for a few days and the smell is rotten! But guess what, its her property and I can't do shit about it.......RUDE!

Maybe your neighbor is just sick and tired of seeing your dog take a shit next door to her building several times a day........
  • your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    I hate to say it, but this is what you get for having a dog in the city, in a condo building no less. Our real estate is so small here in the city, its damn near rude to your neighbors to have a dog in such close quarters. I don't understand what it is with "dog" people. Can you really not understand that certain people DONT LIKE DOGS! I don't want to go to Home Depot and have some ass running his bulldog through the aisles. When I get in an elevator, I dont want a dog sniffing at my feet! If you really want a healthy, happy and well liked animal, move to the suburbs where you can have a yard and your dog can shit all he wants were he wants. I live in a single family home and my neighbor has two HUGE fucking dogs, and she keeps them in the house no less. They bark all night, she lets them shit in her back yard without cleaning it up for a few days and the smell is rotten! But guess what, its her property and I can't do shit about it.......RUDE!

Maybe your neighbor is just sick and tired of seeing your dog take a shit next door to her building several times a day........

certain people don't like dogs? I was always taught not to trust people who don't like dogs
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539

mike vic? is that you?

(Just kidding).

I'm not a dog person either. my neighbors had a beagle that they would leave outside and it would bark all fucking night. I went over to their house at 3 am in my underwear and told them I'd call animal control if he barked again. I haven't seen the dog since.

I'm a "cat" person, but have a dog. It's mostly my girlfriends.

I live in the city, but on the border. I live in a suburban like part of the city where most people have good sized yards and every other neighbor a dog.. I researched and made sure I found a place that allows dogs. There are other dogs in my complex.. My dog shits once or twice a day, and I'm sure it's well past this lady's bed time. I clean it up as the dog shits. My dog isnt a barker. I've heard her bark once or twice briefly in the past 3 months.. This lady doesn't have to be within 25 feet of my dog at any given time... And the corner of her yard isn't yellow because dogs are pissing in it.. We are in a drought.

It is a very dog friendly area. She's taking the fact that families walk their pets in front of her building out on my gf because she came across her. She also lied and said it was illegal to take the dog in front of our building.

That said, before i had any pets, I've lived in a part of the city with no yards, and every other home had a dog. If you can't get along with other humans or pets, or what not, you should probably find yourself a nice bunker someplace.

Fortunately, most humans I come across are intent on stopping in their tracks and making sure they pet my dog. I actually try to avoid people for that reason sometimes if I'm in a hurry or don't feel like socializing.

I'm in the process of buying a condo that allows dogs.. Fortunately it has a deck and I'm going to experiment with placing an area of sod for her to do her business out there. It's in a location no one will be able to see or smell.. God forbid she ever decides to smell a passerbyers feet. :roll:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mysticweed wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I would say shoot the old lady. Just my opinion.

yeah
    fuck her
    do booth

f' her and shoot her

:lol:

frickin old people sometimes are just fucking stupid, smelly, mean, and just all out right fucked in the head
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fences make the best neighbours. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    chadwick wrote:
    frickin old people sometimes are just fucking stupid, smelly, mean, and just all out right fucked in the head

ever thought that maybe when youre old youll be just like this??? i swear folks both forget what they were like as kids and dont seem to clue into the fact that one day they too will be old and possibly cranky, wildly unreasonable or just plain crazy. me?? im hoping for all three. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    LloydXmas wrote:
    offer to have a chat and some tea with her at her place to work out the situation. Once that's done, ask her if you can use her bathroom and then upper deck that bitch.
    :lol::lol::lol: HELL YES!! :clap:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    chadwick wrote:

ever thought that maybe when youre old youll be just like this??? i swear folks both forget what they were like as kids and dont seem to clue into the fact that one day they too will be old and possibly cranky, wildly unreasonable or just plain crazy. me?? im hoping for all three. ;)8-)
    I'm gonna be the crankiest old person ever. Giving little children the finger. Yelling at people to get off my lawn. I'm gonna be the house that parents tell their kids to skip when trick-or-treating....cause of course my legend will be that little Bobby went in once and never came back :lol:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
    So I have to ask.. She's watering her precious lawn right now in a way that sprays a very busy, public sidewalk, with no way around unless you venture into a busy street.. I just saw a lady pushing a baby in a stroller go out into busy traffic to avoid getting sprayed..

Are there any laws against that? How hard would it be to position the water so it's not spraying the public sidewalk..

I just want to tear this lady apart now. :twisted: :lol:

I would think if the building that a person lives in allows dogs how would it be rude to actually have a dog? Isn't that why most people choose to live in those buildings? :?
    So I have to ask.. She's watering her precious lawn right now in a way that sprays a very busy, public sidewalk, with no way around unless you venture into a busy street.. I just saw a lady pushing a baby in a stroller go out into busy traffic to avoid getting sprayed..

Are there any laws against that? How hard would it be to position the water so it's not spraying the public sidewalk..

Go tell her what's shes doing is illegal and a public safety hazard and if she doesn't stop you will be calling the police. Remember to bring your dog with you. :D
    DS1119 wrote:

I would think if the building that a person lives in allows dogs how would it be rude to actually have a dog? Isn't that why most people choose to live in those buildings? :?
    I think she's trying to argue that dogs should not be allowed in the city or in the vicinity of the public. :?
    I think she's trying to argue that dogs should not be allowed in the city or in the vicinity of the public. :?

Oh. Well if you're not doing anything illegal it shouldn't be an issue and it shouldn't be an issue with peope that don;t have dogs.

is it a sprinkler? if so then id find the tap and turn it off. if shes standing there hand hosing the lawn then id approach the woman and ask her to stop watering the sidewalk so i could pass. oh and why the fuck is she watering the lawn during the day when evaporation rates are high which makes watering the lawn a waste of time for the most part anyways.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

is it a sprinkler? if so then id find the tap and turn it off. if shes standing there hand hosing the lawn then id approach the woman and ask her to stop watering the sidewalk so i could pass. oh and why the fuck is she watering the lawn during the day when evaporation rates are high which makes watering the lawn a waste of time for the most part anyways.
    It's a sprinkler, unattended.. But it is evening here. Sun just set.
    t's a sprinkler, unattended.. But it is evening here. Sun just set.

oops ok then...

itd defeat the purpose if it were an attended sprinkler wouldnt it??? :P :lol:

anyhoo.. id still go turn it off at the tap. having to divert onto the road during daylight hours is rough enough but in the night time... forget it. footpaths are for pedestrians and kids on bikes and should not be impeded by anything. perhaps the old lady needs it pointed out to her(politely) that the sprinkler is a hazard to sidewalk users and perhaps can it be repositioned.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say