Stupid neighbor

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I live in a condo building that allows dogs. My landlord is ok with it. The association is ok with it. The neighbors in my building all love my dog.

Today my girlfriend took the dog outside to do her business and an old lady from a completely different building told her she could not walk the dog in front of our building and that we had to use the allyway.

First off, there's no fucking grass in the allyway.

Secondly. I keep the dog off the property next door and shes always leashed. I've always been anal about making sure the dog pisses and shits in front of our condo building and I always clean up the mess promptly. The dog never sets foot next door unless I'm walking her in the sidewalk in front of the building.

I thought I might be going crazy so I called the city of Chicago and made sure there weren't any weird new laws that prevented me from taking my dog out in front of my own condo. They told me if it's a problem for the lady that they will send an officer out to chat with her.

So, is this lady just old and miserable? She's never said anything to me about it. Did she approach my girlfriend because she is a woman? Or because she is Hispanic? Or because she's 30, but looks like she's 18?

I have tomorrow off work.. Think I'm going to set a lawn chair out there on the border between the yards and get some sun with my pup.. Maybe bring a boombox out and play a little rap music.. Softly. :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I would say shoot the old lady. Just my opinion.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    DS1119 wrote:

+1 :D
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    DS1119 wrote:

yeah
    fuck her
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    offer to have a chat and some tea with her at her place to work out the situation. Once that's done, ask her if you can use her bathroom and then upper deck that bitch.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    LloydXmas wrote:
    offer to have a chat and some tea with her at her place to work out the situation. Once that's done, ask her if you can use her bathroom and then upper deck that bitch.
    Lol.. So I think I just saw the lady.. She had her son putting a sprinkler on the corner of the yard near our lot that looked a little yellower than the rest of the yard. (we are in a little drought).. All I heard was the son yelling at the lady saying, "not now, mom! I gotta go!" :lol:
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    Lol.. So I think I just saw the lady.. She had her son putting a sprinkler on the corner of the yard near our lot that looked a little yellower than the rest of the yard. (we are in a little drought).. All I heard was the son yelling at the lady saying, "not now, mom! I gotta go!" :lol:

ahh-maybe she's a little anal about the lawn. Dog pee will burn the hell out of grass in this drought. it would be helpful to carry along a watering can and dilute the pee spot after the dog pees. a lot of work for you.. happiness for the crazy lawn lady.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I called the alderman on my neighbor for dog shit. They have mulch in their front yard of their condo and it is covered in dog shit. I have to walk past it everyday through our gangway and it smells horrible, especially in this heat. If you want to have a dog, you have to take responsibility.

As for your neighbor, she just sounds a little crazy, just walk the other way.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    do something to her toothbrush
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

So, is this lady just old and miserable?

Yes. It's amazing some of the things that people concern themselves with.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    LloydXmas wrote:
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Go to the bathroom on her lawn and see what she says? If she has an issue with it bring up the fact the dog might not be so bad moving forward.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    LloydXmas wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Go to the bathroom on her lawn and see what she says? If she has an issue with it bring up the fact the dog might not be so bad moving forward.

Man. Note to self: Don't make enemies of ANY of you people. Sheesh!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Sounds like she's a lonely woman with much time on her hands. I doubt there's any racist, ageist or anti-feminist thing happening here.

You're doing the right thing (aside from wanting to fuck with her) and the police said they'll handle the rest.

Why not leave her to her own unhappiness? No need to add to it.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I talked to my gf some more and she said the lady was bitching about all dog owners in the area in general, but was taking it out on her.

The lady put three signs saying "keep off lawn" in the yard today. It's rather comical because the little dry patch of lawn in this ten by twenty foot yard was barely noticeable, but now the yard looks like a militarized zone with the signs. :lol:
    I talked to my gf some more and she said the lady was bitching about all dog owners in the area in general, but was taking it out on her.

The lady put three signs saying "keep off lawn" in the yard today. It's rather comical because the little dry patch of lawn in this ten by twenty foot yard was barely noticeable, but now the yard looks like a militarized zone with the signs. :lol:

is this in a common area?

if so, i'd make a point to piss and shit in it. i'm a bit of dick tho.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    LloydXmas wrote:

This. 100%. You have to do this.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I live in a condo building that allows dogs. My landlord is ok with it. The association is ok with it. The neighbors in my building all love my dog.

Today my girlfriend took the dog outside to do her business and an old lady from a completely different building told her she could not walk the dog in front of our building and that we had to use the allyway.

First off, there's no fucking grass in the allyway.

Secondly. I keep the dog off the property next door and shes always leashed. I've always been anal about making sure the dog pisses and shits in front of our condo building and I always clean up the mess promptly. The dog never sets foot next door unless I'm walking her in the sidewalk in front of the building.

I thought I might be going crazy so I called the city of Chicago and made sure there weren't any weird new laws that prevented me from taking my dog out in front of my own condo. They told me if it's a problem for the lady that they will send an officer out to chat with her.

So, is this lady just old and miserable? She's never said anything to me about it. Did she approach my girlfriend because she is a woman? Or because she is Hispanic? Or because she's 30, but looks like she's 18?

I have tomorrow off work.. Think I'm going to set a lawn chair out there on the border between the yards and get some sun with my pup.. Maybe bring a boombox out and play a little rap music.. Softly. :lol:
    how old is old?

is it possible another resident or neighbor is less thoughtful than you and your girl
    about cleaning up messes? it may be a case of mistaken poop identity...

hate to bring the police into it...

and yes I'm sure she feels more comfortable approaching another woman,
    I think that is understandable

smile be kind she said her peace but won't get her way

its tough being old...

this is sad really

does she enjoy sitting out near the small space of green?

perhaps it smells if others don't pick up ...

Does she have a cat? or a bird? goldfish? we know she doesn't have a dog, I am assuming.
    She lives alone?

Maybe she just wants to talk with your girl ... she might be lonely.
    this is a solid lesson on why a single family home > townhouse > condo > apartment
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I used to have an elderly woman as a neighbor, she was a lot like this neighbor sounds, and that woman damn near drove everybody in the neighborhood crazy. She called the cops on everybody in the neighborhood, including me twice. The first time I was having a Super Bowl party. It wasn't a huge party, and we certainly weren't loud, there's NO WAY she could have heard us, but she saw the cars and took it upon herself to call the cops with a noise complaint. Another time she called the cops because she saw me messing around the house around 10 at night. I basically walked out the front door, went in the gate to the back yard and took the trash bin out to the curb, then went back in the front door. Next thing I know the cops are at my door because my neighbor saw somebody "skulking around" my property.

She was sort of the self-appointed home-owner's association, going around and telling people they couldn't have "that" in their yard, and a lot of other things that weren't her business. The final straw came when somebody in the neighborhood was moving and put up some signs for a garage sale. This lady went around the neighborhood (and onto other people's property) collecting the signs which she threw in her garage. In an attempt to give her a taste of her own medicine somebody sent the cops over to give her a trespassing warning. She sort of calmed down after that and decided to focus her energy on local politics and civic matters. From then on the only time I heard from her was when she wanted me to go vote on some zoning issue or to sign a petition to not allow some business to put up a sign. She was pretty friendly after that, just took somebody turning her own game against her before she decided to mellow out.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Leave a burning bag of shit on her front door. :mrgreen:
    I used to have an elderly woman as a neighbor, she was a lot like this neighbor sounds, and that woman damn near drove everybody in the neighborhood crazy. She called the cops on everybody in the neighborhood, including me twice. The first time I was having a Super Bowl party. It wasn't a huge party, and we certainly weren't loud, there's NO WAY she could have heard us, but she saw the cars and took it upon herself to call the cops with a noise complaint. Another time she called the cops because she saw me messing around the house around 10 at night. I basically walked out the front door, went in the gate to the back yard and took the trash bin out to the curb, then went back in the front door. Next thing I know the cops are at my door because my neighbor saw somebody "skulking around" my property.

She was sort of the self-appointed home-owner's association, going around and telling people they couldn't have "that" in their yard, and a lot of other things that weren't her business. The final straw came when somebody in the neighborhood was moving and put up some signs for a garage sale. This lady went around the neighborhood (and onto other people's property) collecting the signs which she threw in her garage. In an attempt to give her a taste of her own medicine somebody sent the cops over to give her a trespassing warning. She sort of calmed down after that and decided to focus her energy on local politics and civic matters. From then on the only time I heard from her was when she wanted me to go vote on some zoning issue or to sign a petition to not allow some business to put up a sign. She was pretty friendly after that, just took somebody turning her own game against her before she decided to mellow out.
    This is a great story ... she needed a purpose and really wasn't a bad person.
    She wanted friends too.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    this is a solid lesson on why a single family home > townhouse > condo > apartment

Absolutely true.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:
    If we were in a single family home, it still would be a problem as long as she is our neighbor and people are walking dogs.. She's a bitch.
    81 wrote:

is this in a common area?

if so, i'd make a point to piss and shit in it. i'm a bit of dick tho.
    It's a different condo building next door.. Just a little grass area in the front between the building and the street.
    pandora wrote:

This is a great story ... she needed a purpose and really wasn't a bad person.
    She wanted friends too.
    This sounds a lot like my neighbor.

She needs a hobby.

If she has words for me, I'm going to politely let her have it though.
    remember, catch more flies with honey ...
    something maybe she needs to learn too

what the world needs more of... honey :D

I remember in our 20's the elderly couple next door to our first home ...
    they would be out and see my boy just a toddler then,
    the old lady would yell "hi honey!" in a squeaky voice...
    JB and I still do it to this day, 26 years later, bless her heart.
    This what one wants to leave behind ... its good to be remembered fondly.
    Something we all can do.

• She needs a hobby.

If she has words for me, I'm going to politely let her have it though.

is it that hard to walk the dog somewhere else? I promise your dog won't know the difference.

Does she own the building next door? Are dogs allowed next door?

You know what's going to happen... 10 years from now, you'll be living in your own home. You will take great care of your lawn and it will still look like shit from dogs pissing on it. People will not pick up their dog crap, either, and your kid is going to step in it while out front playing with bubbles or sidewalk chalk.

I guarantee it! And you will think "ahh... now I get it!"