Insanity

13»

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Sweet DS keep it up. Calves :lol: those little buggers can hurt like a mother when overdone.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Sweet DS keep it up. Calves :lol: those little buggers can hurt like a mother when overdone.

Tell me about it. It's my calves and feet now. :fp:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    DS1119 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

and then your face cuz you keep slapping it
    rollings wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

and then your face cuz you keep slapping it

It's actually my forehead. :fp:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    How are those calves today?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Still very sore actually but thanks for asking. I think it's all the jumping and lunging and shit that's killing me. I've never excercised in this way and my body is reminding me of that. :lol: Also, I have to admit, I thought I would be fine because I run but this shit blows my lungs right the fuck out. I'm winded 5 minutes into it everyday. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Still very sore actually but thanks for asking. I think it's all the jumping and lunging and shit that's killing me. I've never excercised in this way and my body is reminding me of that. :lol: Also, I have to admit, I thought I would be fine because I run but this shit blows my lungs right the fuck out. I'm winded 5 minutes into it everyday. :fp:

Yeah it's very intense exercises that you wouldn't normally do...so it's tough at first but it gets better! I'm always dripping sweat by the time the warm-up is over. And those power jumps? :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yeah it's very intense exercises that you wouldn't normally do...so it's tough at first but it gets better! I'm always dripping sweat by the time the warm-up is over. And those power jumps? :fp:

Fuck the power jumps! :lol: I need to do those in front of a mirror or someone else beasue I'm pretty sure I'm not getting my thighs parallel to the ground. That's kind of the downfall with this workout is you don't have someone there reminding you when your form breaks down. Overall a very intense workout.
    Progress report?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Progress report?

I think he wussed out...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Progress report?

I think he wussed out...

Why would you say that?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I thought this thread was about the Chinese basketball player, no?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    thats the Yow Ming thread
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Progress report?

I think he wussed out...

Why would you say that?

You had been bumping this thread pretty regularly when you first started, hasn't been bumped since June 27th

so....how's it going?

:corn:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    You had been bumping this thread pretty regularly when you first started, hasn't been bumped since June 27th

so....how's it going?

Pretty frustrating actually. It's hard, but that's not the problem. It's proper form that I have an issue with, something I firmly believe in 100%. None of my spare bedrooms have mirrors so I can't "watch" myslef while I'm doing it. That's my major issue. Also, trying to watcch the TV while doing this is kind of frustrating. I'll give it it's 60 days but after that I'm not sure. I think I may be more cut out for more traditional methods of excercise.
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

so....how's it going?

Pretty frustrating actually. It's hard, but that's not the problem. It's proper form that I have an issue with, something I firmly believe in 100%. None of my spare bedrooms have mirrors so I can't "watch" myslef while I'm doing it. That's my major issue. Also, trying to watcch the TV while doing this is kind of frustrating. I'll give it it's 60 days but after that I'm not sure. I think I may be more cut out for more traditional methods of excercise.

understandable...I have a huge bathroom mirror from the last place that I worked at and used that to check my form. P90X has a lot of positions (esp in Yoga) that you need to check your form, or it doesn't 'feel' right.

Try checking Craigslist for big mirrors, a friend of mine got 2 of those kinds of mirrors from there...for free.

- Christopher McCandless
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

so....how's it going?

I learned very quickly afterstarting Insanity that I had to go at my own pace. The first time I did it I tried to keep up but my form was off, and thats just a waste of time. Luckily I've got a huge mirror in my living room which I
    use when I do it. After a while you won't need to watch the tv anymore either. Hopeit gets better for you!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

so....how's it going?

I learned very quickly afterstarting Insanity that I had to go at my own pace. The first time I did it I tried to keep up but my form was off, and thats just a waste of time. Luckily I've got a huge mirror in my living room which I
    use when I do it. After a while you won't need to watch the tv anymore either. Hopeit gets better for you!
    Also you'll get to the point where you don't need to watch the tv, at least not exclusively.

I started it again on my cardio days (2-3 days a week) and it was brutal. Screw you Tonya!

I hate plyo. I'd rather do Pure Cardio any day.