Insanity

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone here familiar with this workout? Looking for something different. I don't have time too do the gym thing any longer and running only keeps me interested for so long. I know it's similiar to P90X but looks a little moire intense which I like. Any input is appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    My wife and I have been doing it for 5 weeks now. It is pretty intense, but you will definitely see results.
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Narciso wrote:
    My wife and I have been doing it for 5 weeks now. It is pretty intense, but you will definitely see results.

Can I ask how it is on the knees? I run regularly and usually around the 7 or 8 mile mark my knees start to ache a little. I'm looking for something to take over running. I don't want to be one of those knee or hip replacement people when I get older.
    Ordered. Screw it. How bad could it be? If I don't like it I can just resell it anyhow. Used ones are going for almost full retail of new ones on the bay. :shock:
  • NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    My knees have been a little sore on certain workouts, but mostly it's just my muscles and not the actual joint. It sounds like you are in way better shape then I am so you should be fine with it.
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
    Narciso wrote:
    My knees have been a little sore on certain workouts, but mostly it's just my muscles and not the actual joint. It sounds like you are in way better shape then I am so you should be fine with it.

I don't know about that. :lol: I weighed myslef this morning and I have put on almost 15 pounds in the past 3 months. :? Time to reverse that trend. :?
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    I just started it yesterday actually. I was worried about my knees as well- competitive gymnast for 21 yrs, runner on and off. But as long as you watch your form, and he emphasizes that throughout the workout, I think it will be fine. I have to say, I am in decent shape (5'2 101 lbs) but I wanted something different and to getme out of the gym. I am so freaking sore after jut doing the fit test and day 1 !!!!! This is tough, I was dying throughout my workout today!! Let me know how it goes!
    VinylGirl wrote:
    I just started it yesterday actually. I was worried about my knees as well- competitive gymnast for 21 yrs, runner on and off. But as long as you watch your form, and he emphasizes that throughout the workout, I think it will be fine. I have to say, I am in decent shape (5'2 101 lbs) but I wanted something different and to getme out of the gym. I am so freaking sore after jut doing the fit test and day 1 !!!!! This is tough, I was dying throughout my workout today!! Let me know how it goes!

I will and thanks!
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    I know a few people who do these workouts. They are pretty intense. Just follow good form and you should be fine with your knees.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Finishing P90X and going for Insanity in a few weeks! Do the work and you will see the results!
    BB is a huge company and if you want to get discounts on anything you can sign up to be a coach. I did it to help pay for my Shakeology. Lots of people see it as a Pyramid "scheme" but it's a legit way for them to expand the business while other people do the work! Anyone have any interest at all in that part of it pm me.

While I'm here I'll pimp my site :)

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/SUESKARMA
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'm on my second round of P90X. Great program!! I've always been in good shape (eat super healthy and run a lot), but P90X has really made some awesome changes!

Anyways, I think after this go-round with P90X (have two months left), I'm going to do Insanity. I have some friends who have done it post-P90X and they are absolutely ripped now!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I did Insanity a couple times and it's very intense! There's a lot of plyo and jumping...I have shaky knees myself and there were times where they got sore, but you have to know your limits. You really can make it work for you - you'll see that not even the people on the video can do every single move the entire time. It really is one of the best workouts I've ever done - prepare to sweat your ass off! Good luck!

Oh, and don't spread those legs too wide!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Huh? :? :shock: :lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    VinylGirl wrote:

judging from your pic, you either have an incredible vertical leap, an enormous trampoline, or photoshop skills. Either way, nice form! :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol: You'll know what I mean once you start it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    I thought we were stopping the insanity?
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm on my second round of P90X. Great program!! I've always been in good shape (eat super healthy and run a lot), but P90X has really made some awesome changes!

Anyways, I think after this go-round with P90X (have two months left), I'm going to do Insanity. I have some friends who have done it post-P90X and they are absolutely ripped now!

Makes me wonder if I should start with P90X first.
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Makes me wonder if I should start with P90X first.
    Eh, its not really necessary. P90X would probably just add some strength but I know a lot of people who did Insanity out of the box and did well.
    Let me know how insanity goes for ya'!
    mca47 wrote:
    Let me know how insanity goes for ya'!

Insanity has been going well for me for the past 15 years or so...oh you mean the workout program. Will do. :lol:
    I went with P90X first to build up my muscle foundation then I'm going to use Insanity to upgrade my cardio (which isn't so great) and burn off the layers of fat. I'm into my third month of the X and have only lost 4 pounds. But the inches are coming off.
    P90 got me working out regularly and I like the mix of it, weights and some cardio. I think Insanity will be harder for me, but I' pretty determined to do a hybrid of the two once I finish them separately.
    I have a long way to go, total will be 8 months, give or take.

IMO Insanity will help you lose weight faster and P90 will help build muscle faster. Just remember it all starts in the kitchen and thats the hardest part :fp:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I

IMO Insanity will help you lose weight faster and P90 will help build muscle faster. Just remember it all starts in the kitchen and thats the hardest part :fp:

I know I know. Single cheeseburgers instead of doubles from now on. :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

demostration?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I

I know I know. Single cheeseburgers instead of doubles from now on. :lol:

Fuckin sucks. I love ice cream and burgers and pasta and garlic bread...my cheat meals on the weekends :roll:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I don't read very well. I do better with pix. Please help me.

:corn:
    Last big meal today for a while. THE BEST Italian joint in Albany by far. I'm hitting the calamari and cavatelli with meatballs(off the menu but ask for it...mmmmmm). Yum yum yum. It's 7:30 in the morning and my mouth is already watering for my dinner tonight. :fp: :lol:

http://www.loportos.com/
    is this related to Linsanity?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    DS1119 wrote:
    Last big meal today for a while. THE BEST Italian joint in Albany by far. I'm hitting the calamari and cavatelli with meatballs(off the menu but ask for it...mmmmmm). Yum yum yum. It's 7:30 in the morning and my mouth is already watering for my dinner tonight. :fp: :lol:

http://www.loportos.com/

Unless you say Sams, I will scoff at the.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    By the way: there are great exercise DVDs that are not as intense as P90x/Insanity.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    81 wrote:

:fp:

Demonstrations will be had on Thursday.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:fp:

Demonstrations will be had on Thursday.

bookmarked :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Hoping this thing comes in today. With tomorrow's heat this should be fun. :mrgreen: