***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    1 week warning.....

please do your best to avoid anyone that looks even remotely ill.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    1 week warning.....

This guy

article-1260501-08DB787D000005DC-144_233x374.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    kw18 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Man I wish we could have had someone cool to do a poster or a t shirt for this trek!

you could have asked me!

... Um ... can we still ask you? :D

yeah...I can get some iron on transfer paper and print it on that stuff...if you guys bring shirts, I can iron them on in the hotel room.

Give me ideas on what you want on the shirt. (I rather spend more time on a poster, and it's a little late now....maybe after the show)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    1 week warning.....

This guy

article-1260501-08DB787D000005DC-144_233x374.jpg

yes....

i suggest everyone lock themselves in their home, and lock everyone esle out, including spouses and kids and dogs and cats.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

yes....

i suggest everyone lock themselves in their home, and lock everyone esle out, including spouses and kids and dogs and cats.

***cat-choo***

"oh sorry...bless me"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yeah...I can get some iron on transfer paper and print it on that stuff...if you guys bring shirts, I can iron them on in the hotel room.

Give me ideas on what you want on the shirt. (I rather spend more time on a poster, and it's a little late now....maybe after the show)

Oh, that'd be cool! :thumbup:

Although I'm not much for designs (more of a word guy), but I'll be happy to go along with what everyone else wants.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    so is truck on the road today?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Waiting on a buddy to get done with work.... sucks. Been ready to go since 430 this morning!
    81 wrote:
    Waiting on a buddy to get done with work.... sucks. Been ready to go since 430 this morning!

are you down here or still up there?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

are you down here or still up there?
    Up here, gonna do the 43 to 12 down and then try 45 on the way back.
    8-)

let me know the time down looks like.

google shows 86 miles via 43/12 and a time of 1 hour 50 minutes. i think i can do it in 95 minutes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    8-)

let me know the time down looks like.

google shows 86 miles via 43/12 and a time of 1 hour 50 minutes. i think i can do it in 95 minutes.
    I was guessing the same.
    when are you leaving, and when are you going to be at Rushmore? are you still making a stop there?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    when are you leaving, and when are you going to be at Rushmore? are you still making a stop there?

We're leaving bright and early on Thursday morning! We should arrive in the Mt. Rushmore area late Thursday night, sleep, then visit the presidents Friday before finsihing up the rest of the trip. Hopefully we'll be in Missoula by early to mid-afternoon.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    Hopefully we'll be in Missoula by early to mid-afternoon.

Wait, that's clearly not possible. Stupid me and my futile attempts to do math in my head ...

It'll be sometime in the evening on Friday. Maybe 8 p.m.-ish?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    And just to clarify ... did we decide for sure to meet here: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/parkride/lots/wauk6735.htm

:?:

I got confused from all the back and forth and angel talk (can you blame me?!)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    And just to clarify ... did we decide for sure to meet here: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/parkride/lots/wauk6735.htm

no...we are doing exit 57 on I43

you can either shoot over when you get to Milwaukee, or we can meet up with you on 94. there is a road that runs from 43 north to 94. i plan on taking that up to get on 94 after picking up truck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

no...we are doing exit 57 on I43

you can either shoot over when you get to Milwaukee, or we can meet up with you on 94. there is a road that runs from 43 north to 94. i plan on taking that up to get on 94 after picking up truck.

OK, this one: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/par ... uk6705.htm

I think it's fine to just meet up with y'all at the station. It's not too far off 94, and we can pow-wow before hitting the road for real. If I pick up Becky at 6, we should get there between 7:30 and 8, depending on traffic (of which there should be none).
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Wait, that's clearly not possible. Stupid me and my futile attempts to do math in my head ...

8pm ish...got it

***sends off bat signal to afroannnie***

i wonder if I can get to your campsite and 'freshen' it up for you a bit...

- Christopher McCandless
    kw18 wrote:

I think it's fine to just meet up with y'all at the station. It's not too far off 94, and we can pow-wow before hitting the road for real. If I pick up Becky at 6, we should get there between 7:30 and 8, depending on traffic (of which there should be none).

you are correct sir, unless truck gets wishy washy again :fp: :lol: :nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

it all depends on what time we get moving friday am and how much time we kill at the park.....

i figure we will have about 650 or so miles to drive post park...which is about 8 hours drive time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    8pm ish...got it

***sends off bat signal to afroannnie***

i wonder if I can get to your campsite and 'freshen' it up for you a bit...

Not sure what all that would entail, so I'm just going to assume it means preparations for boozin' and free-boobin'.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • 81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

it all depends on what time we get moving friday am and how much time we kill at the park.....

i figure we will have about 650 or so miles to drive post park...which is about 8 hours drive time.

That's not bad at all
    That's not bad at all

considering we should be driving roughly 900 miles on thursday :lol:

who came up with this crazy plan. :fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Don't make me change the thread title again!
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Don't make me change the thread title again!

you change the pick up location again and you'll need a new driver. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Park opens at 8 a.m. I say we get there then, and stay till whenever.

That reminds me ... since Truck never got around to doing it, should I book a hotel room for that night somewhere in Rapid City?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    are you kidnapping the kid?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

the kid who is now obsessed with yoga pants...Will

- Christopher McCandless
This discussion has been closed.