Options

***OFFICIAL***I'm Going to Missoula Thread

Comments

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    580329_3744067282216_994023159_n.jpg
    Me, SuMay, and JMo at the Rhino
    It was great to meet so many of you in Missoula!

Great picture! It was great meeting all 3 of you! Hope to see everyone again next year!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    What an amazing time :D I am so glad STB and I finally decided to do this! Thanks to Drowned Out for unwittingly putting the idea in my head.
    Nothing unwitting about it....cold calculation!
    So glad you two decided to come....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    What an amazing time :D I am so glad STB and I finally decided to do this! Thanks to Drowned Out for unwittingly putting the idea in my head.
    It was good to meet you Drowned Out! And your friend... can't remember his name now... couldn't retain it for more than 2 minutes on Saturday, so of course I don't remember it now. :oops: Anyway, wish I'd had more time to get to know so many people better, and while I'm not sick... I guess that's what the next trip is for! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    :shock: :o (insert evil laugh here) :twisted: :lol:
    I'm glad we did too :) Next up...south america :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Yes, lots of goid times..no clown car pics have surfaced? I was being responsible (for once) making sure everybody go back to their hotel safely.

Thanks to everybody for the good times, and laughs. I didn't realize so many people wanted o meet me! :oops:
    It was so great to meet everybody that I did, I'm so glad they made the trip. The show was so amazing, didn't get the rail, but thanks to my friends that got me at least 3 deep from it, I owe you!

Still in Montana, visiting family. I will post some pics ehen i get home.

I love you all!

Someone in the merch. line was bragging that they had met you. You're a celebrity.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It was good to meet you Drowned Out! And your friend... can't remember his name now... couldn't retain it for more than 2 minutes on Saturday, so of course I don't remember it now. :oops: Anyway, wish I'd had more time to get to know so many people better, and while I'm not sick... I guess that's what the next trip is for! :D
    Was great meeting you too!
    I was with a group of people, and of course I'm a little foggy about who you'd have been talking to, so I'm not sure which friend you're talking about....but it was probably yellowleadvedder.
    I've been looking into it.....I thought it would be cheap if I could use my old mans place in Panama as a vacation home base and just do the weekend in Rio....but flights from PTY to Rio are way more than I expected....like a grand. Not looking too doable :(
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    so...

who wants to do that again?!

:mrgreen:8-)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I was with a group of people, and of course I'm a little foggy about who you'd have been talking to, so I'm not sure which friend you're talking about....but it was probably yellowleadvedder.
    I've been looking into it.....I thought it would be cheap if I could use my old mans place in Panama as a vacation home base and just do the weekend in Rio....but flights from PTY to Rio are way more than I expected....like a grand. Not looking too doable :(
    ugh - way too costly for festival shows :( They better announce a tour!

• Options
    norm wrote:
    so...

I do! With some changes to our accommodations :lol:

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    norm wrote:
    so...

Me!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    norm wrote:
    so...

Me!!

me too, and this time so I can actually go
  • Options
    i've met drowned out twice now...both times, he wasn't sober...is that a reflection on me? :think: :-P :wave:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    i've met drowned out twice now...both times, he wasn't sober...is that a reflection on me? :think: :-P :wave:
    hmmm....I guess I was feeling pretty good in NYC too, wasn't I?
    I don't really like what that says about me, so sure, lets go with it being a reflection on you. :lol:
    I agree! Tho I almost think a full tour would leave all the cool kids a bit scattered.....the MT and Alpine shows were special because everyone had to attend to get their PJ fix for the year......
    PJ needs to schedule an annual show/festival for the 10C.....or....we can just get to work on that PJ commune.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    so...

I do!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    I don't really like what that says about me, so sure, lets go with it being a reflection on you. :lol:

yeah, i'll take the hit on this one ;):lol::lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think they will! Next fall maybe? And the plan is for Seattle and or the Gorge, right? :D
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    I agree! Tho I almost think a full tour would leave all the cool kids a bit scattered.....the MT and Alpine shows were special because everyone had to attend to get their PJ fix for the year......
    PJ needs to schedule an annual show/festival for the 10C.....or....we can just get to work on that PJ commune.
    Well I've spent about 5 days with you now and you were only wasted 1 out of the 5...so that's a pretty good percentage. On the one day you were wasted, Norm was there, so I'm blaming him :nono:

We were discussing picking one show each tour that we would all go to...hopefully that would be doable. That was part of the meeting minutes somewhere I think :think: I am definitely doing a west coast tour if they announce one (I have made this promise to myself!) and most east coast shows are drivable for me and a non-issue. Work be damned! :twisted: An annual festival works for me though :)

• Options
    Well I've spent about 5 days with you now and you were only wasted 1 out of the 5...so that's a pretty good percentage. On the one day you were wasted, Norm was there, so I'm blaming him :nono:

We were discussing picking one show each tour that we would all go to...hopefully that would be doable. That was part of the meeting minutes somewhere I think :think: I am definitely doing a west coast tour if they announce one (I have made this promise to myself!) and most east coast shows are drivable for me and a non-issue. Work be damned! :twisted: An annual festival works for me though :)
    Thank you for stating this publicly :lol::lol:
    Seattle/Gorge works for me....not a great choice for seats (so many 10C members in the Pacific NW), but that is becoming less important in the scheme of things than making sure our friends are there.
  • Options

Thank you for stating this publicly :lol::lol:
    Seattle/Gorge works for me....not a great choice for seats (so many 10C members in the Pacific NW), but that is becoming less important in the scheme of things than making sure our friends are there.
    :mrgreen::lol:Sorry Norm :shifty:

STB and I are both dying to go to the Gorge and Tim loved it there, so if that is a part of the tour I plan to do everything in my power to get there. I've never had great seats to any PJ show and I always have the time of my life :)

• Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    We were discussing picking one show each tour that we would all go to...hopefully that would be doable. That was part of the meeting minutes somewhere I think :think:

I believe that was an addendum made after the meeting -- the mass gather/next meeting of the Knights of the PJ Roundtable will be either at the Gorge or in Seattle on their 2013 tour -- it was voted and approved by the board, and Chairman Unlost will ensure everything gets taken care of. :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    We were discussing picking one show each tour that we would all go to...hopefully that would be doable. That was part of the meeting minutes somewhere I think :think:

I believe that was an addendum made after the meeting -- the mass gather/next meeting of the Knights of the PJ Roundtable will be either at the Gorge or in Seattle on their 2013 tour -- it was voted and approved by the board, and Chairman Unlost will ensure everything gets taken care of. :D
    That sounds about right :think: :mrgreen:
    Chairman Unlost is great in a crisis and will make sure the work of the committee gets done :)

• Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    NAUjackfan wrote:

Man, those are some good looking PJ fans!

I had a lot of fun meeting new people! Just wish I had more time with you all!
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    So is everyone who has gone back to work after this trip enjoying their day? I know I am. Of course, I'm not at work yet; I'm lounging on my couch. But I was just curious to see how y'all were holding up. :mrgreen:

:wave:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    whatdudewhatdude Posts: 146
    im doing great, back from missoula and heading to oracle tonight

kw18 wrote:
    So is everyone who has gone back to work after this trip enjoying their day? I know I am. Of course, I'm not at work yet; I'm lounging on my couch. But I was just curious to see how y'all were holding up. :mrgreen:

10/30/93 SJ, 6/24/95 SF Polo Fields, 7/15/06 SF, 12/2/06 Hawai'i, 6/24/08 MSG1, 6/25/08 MSG2, 8/28/09 OutsideLands SF, 10/9/09 SD, 10/23/10 Bridge I, 9/25/11 Vancouver, 9/30/12 Missoula, 10/3/12 Oracle Openworld, 7/19/13 Wrigley Field, 11/26/13 Oakland, 10/22/14 Denver, 10/25/14 Bridge I, 5/1/16 MSG1, 5/2/16 MSG2, 8/5/16 Fenway 1, 8/7/16 Fenway 2, 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 1, 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 2, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle 2, 8/13/18 Missoula, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/4/18 Fenway 2 
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    JMo wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:

Man, those are some good looking PJ fans!

I had a lot of fun meeting new people! Just wish I had more time with you all!

I think Unlost and I were in front of you at the merch stand? :think:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:
    so...

well i know i do!!! again and again....

so i hear that it is either Seattle or Gorge next year, perhaps both... ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    norm wrote:
    so...

Yep! Now we just have to let the band know they're playing there. :D;)
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    afroannnie wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    norm wrote:
    so...

Yep! Now we just have to let the band know they're playing there. :D;)

:thumbup: :lol:

wish i had more time to hang out with you afroannnie, next time ok!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    kw18 wrote:

No work until tomorrow! :thumbup: Perhaps that's when the post-show depression that I've heard about will kick in... right now I'm only feeling separation anxiety. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    :thumbup: :lol:

wish i had more time to hang out with you afroannnie, next time ok!

I agree with you! I felt like I could have used a few more days just to hang out with everyone!