Options

***OFFICIAL***I'm Going to Missoula Thread

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Can I get in on this?

dissidentman +0

Somebody get this guy a ticket. I wanna meet him... and possibly Indian leg-wrestle.

Bad news = y'all get to meet me.

Good news = Y'all get to meet my better half... that's right, by that I mean me from the waist down. :D

So...I'm supposed to duck when I meet your snake?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Can I get in on this?

dissidentman +0

Somebody get this guy a ticket. I wanna meet him... and possibly Indian leg-wrestle.

Bad news = y'all get to meet me.

Good news = Y'all get to meet my better half... that's right, by that I mean me from the waist down. :D

Please... Native American leg-wrestle.
  • Options
    SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    RKCNDY wrote:

You'll have to duck pretty low... wait, I hear you're pretty short aren't ya'? ;)
  • Options

We're still fightin' injuns out in Idaho; the PC movement didn't head west with the covered wagons.
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:

We're still fightin' injuns out in Idaho; the PC movement didn't head west with the covered wagons.

I'm a big fan of your potatoes.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ok, i am looking at the satellite map of the KOA and it looks to me like its in the middle of town?
    Beats the hell out of me? I think it was 5 miles from the venue if memory serves.

oh, and yes. The KOA is 'in the middle of town'. Can't remember if it was hyper, down_ski, or PJ ROCKS, but they said that the KOA used to be on the edge of town...when they first built it. Missoula just grew bigger and bigger, so it had to grow around it.

I'm out by the airport...I think I'm across the street from Big Sky Brewing.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

You'll have to duck pretty low... wait, I hear you're pretty short aren't ya'? ;)

tall enough to ride the carousel at the carnival. :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ok, i am looking at the satellite map of the KOA and it looks to me like its in the middle of town?
    Beats the hell out of me? I think it was 5 miles from the venue if memory serves.

oh, and yes. The KOA is 'in the middle of town'. Can't remember if it was hyper, down_ski, or PJ ROCKS, but they said that the KOA used to be on the edge of town...when they first built it. Missoula just grew bigger and bigger, so it had to grow around it.

So, you're not at the KOA? Who is? Now that I'm going for real, where the fuck do I stay? Is there a forest nearby I can sleep in with the bears?
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

tall enough to ride the carousel at the carnival. :evil:

...if she's wearing heels...

:lol:

No worries, girlfriend. You have a very tall personality.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I'm looking forward to the Moose Drool.
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:

So, you're not at the KOA? Who is? Now that I'm going for real, where the fuck do I stay? Is there a forest nearby I can sleep in with the bears?

you can camp at the KOA....(if they want you there) :lol: I know 81, I'm a Truck, cubBEE_girl, Nature Lover, and a few others are staying there. Unlost, and afroannnie are at the same hotel as me (and a few others).
    If you're nice, unlost might invite you back to her room...we will be having waffles for breakfast.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

you can camp at the KOA....(if they want you there) :lol: I know 81, I'm a Truck, cubBEE_girl, Nature Lover, and a few others are staying there. Unlost, and afroannnie are at the same hotel as me (and a few others).
    If you're nice, unlost might invite you back to her room...we will be having waffles for breakfast.

This time around I'm sharing with afroannnie.

I think she has plans to invite back the guy from Arkansas who peed on 81's truck.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Snakeduck wrote:
    We'll have room at our campsite. It's one of the primative ones if that makes you feel more at home.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    We'll have room at our campsite. It's one of the primative ones if that makes you feel more at home.

Awesome. They don't get more primitive than me. I'll bring the mastadon, but 81 can dig the pit for cooking it.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

So, IF I'm nice and IF someone wants me around... Just say it, I'm fucked, aren't I?
  • Options
    Wait, where's Norm staying? Him and Lauri are the only reasons I am actually able to make the trip.
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

So, IF I'm nice and IF someone wants me around... Just say it, I'm fucked, aren't I?

horos wants you! You like camping...yes/no?

I'll challenge you to a round of mini golf!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

horos wants you! You like camping...yes/no?

I'll challenge you to a round of mini golf!

Yes, I've been known to camp on occassion. Think I better just let my wife make friends with people before I actually reveal who I am...
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:

Yes, I've been known to camp on occassion. Think I better just let my wife make friends with people before I actually reveal who I am...

I'm going to print out your picture and post WANTED posters every where.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUCNVpEoe_du4eKovDs9NDirUhQ6h9T2ZH_ITVYjpb05BY376X

I know what your wife looks like too.....

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

You can post this one.

Small and blurry, just like we prefer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/350org/404 ... otostream/
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Don't know how I'm getting there yet but cya there. :)
  • Options
    Don't know how I'm getting there yet but cya there. :)

Yeah you will!

WOOT!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    Free breakfast at Hawthorne?!
  • Options

yes!

fruit, cereal, pasries and WAFFLES!

Somebody bring alcoholic whipped cream!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes!

I don't know what a pasries even is, but I better not witness anyone eating Waffles. YOU HEAR ME? NOT ANYONE!!!
  • Options
    PhishNoCPhishNoC Tennessee Posts: 325
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

His name is Bob
    Discarding all thought

PJ: 03/25/94, 08/15/00, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 09/22/12, 09/30/12, 07/19/13, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/03/14, 10/08/14, 10/14/14, 10/16/14, 10/17/14, 10/19/14, 10/20/14, 04/16/16, 04/18/16, 04/21/16, 04/26/16, 08/20/16, 08/22/16

EV: 06/20/09, 07/01/11, 11/18/12, 11/19/12, 11/21/12
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes!

I don't know what a pasries even is, but I better not witness anyone eating Waffles. YOU HEAR ME? NOT ANYONE!!!

we had waffles in Wisconsin!

Waffles on Saturday, Waffles on Sunday...they weren't ready for breakfast at 7am on Monday. :x
    (just don't wear a flower print muumuu and get in afro's way when she's making waffles)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i've been promised waffles and/or pancakes! so expect knocking on doors at 8am saturday & sunday!!
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    i've been promised waffles and/or pancakes! so expect knocking on doors at 8am saturday & sunday!!

Sweet, I'm in room 502
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    we had waffles in Wisconsin!

Waffles on Saturday, Waffles on Sunday...they weren't ready for breakfast at 7am on Monday. :x
    (just don't wear a flower print muumuu and get in afro's way when she's making waffles)

Bunch of heathens! Eating Waffles is sacrilicious!

sacrilicious.jpg