Options

***OFFICIAL***I'm Going to Missoula Thread

Comments

• Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Just got my confirmation from the Hawthorn Suites. All set for Missoula!! Looking forward to meeting y'all!!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    barger395 wrote:
    Just got my confirmation from the Hawthorn Suites. All set for Missoula!! Looking forward to meeting y'all!!

Cheers,
    Barger

I'll be at the Hawthorn too!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    barger395 wrote:

Cheers,
    Barger

I'll be at the Hawthorn too!

We're at the Hawthorn as well!
    Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    +2 for VIP tickets
    +1 for Comfort Inn, thanks for the suggestion there, looks like a good place and very close to the venue.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Montana!

Wife and I are still kicking around the idea of road tripping from Dallas, or just flying into Spokane and driving in?
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    jomary wrote:
    +2 for VIP tickets
    +1 for Comfort Inn, thanks for the suggestion there, looks like a good place and very close to the venue.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Montana!

Wife and I are still kicking around the idea of road tripping from Dallas, or just flying into Spokane and driving in?

Spokane to Missoula is 3 hours
    Butte to Missoula is 2 hours

see what's cheaper! Looks like some of us are partying in Butte on Friday :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    This is the most popular Montana has been since, well, the last time PJ played there!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    it's one hell of a long shot, but we entered the contest. :) that's the only way we can make it up there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    mfc2006 wrote:
    it's one hell of a long shot, but we entered the contest. :) that's the only way we can make it up there.

Good luck. Hows the move north progressing?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

yay! fingers crossed for you Matt! :D

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    Of course they schedule a Missoula date for the month AFTER I leave Yellowstone..
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 wrote:

Good luck. Hows the move north progressing?

thanks. it's coming along...lots of applications & interviews for us these days. we've definitely decided to move West. still want to live the Pac NW, but we're also applying to jobs in Denver & Northern California. we'll either be moving in August or Dec/Jan, but we have to make a decision soon b/c of our lease here in Dallas. i just wish a ton of $ fell from the sky to pay for the move! :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

yay! fingers crossed for you Matt! :D

it's a long shot, but it would be awesome!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    any word on if th acid miner will be there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    any word on if th acid miner will be there.

damn good point :think:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    I want to go so bad, but I don't know if I can afford the trip ... maybe I'll manage it yet, although it would entail me taking the Greyhound from Vancouver alone (pretty sure no one can come with me, and the flight from Canada (or even just over the border) costs a lot - can't be spending over $1000 in airfare and accommodations to attend a concert unfortunately!)... I haven't received the email with the link yet. How much are the tickets? Maybe I'll wait and see how my finances are and see if someone has an extra 10C ticket closer to the date... hmmmm. :think:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I want to go so bad, but I don't know if I can afford the trip ... maybe I'll manage it yet, although it would entail me taking the Greyhound from Vancouver alone (pretty sure no one can come with me, and the flight from Canada (or even just over the border) costs a lot - can't be spending over $1000 in airfare and accommodations to attend a concert unfortunately!)... I haven't received the email with the link yet. How much are the tickets? Maybe I'll wait and see how my finances are and see if someone has an extra 10C ticket closer to the date... hmmmm. :think:

It's an 8 hour drive from Seattle to Missoula, the part that takes the longest is the 3 mountain passes.
    Tickets are $121/pair. I'm sure you can sell the other ticket, I may even be able to hook you up with a ticket buyer.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It's an 8 hour drive from Seattle to Missoula, the part that takes the longest is the 3 mountain passes.
    Tickets are $121/pair. I'm sure you can sell the other ticket, I may even be able to hook you up with a ticket buyer.
    Thanks! That's a really good price. I'm hesitating in buying tix myself just because I'm not sure yet if I can make the trip ... I'm supposed to go to Leavenworth, WA for Octoberfest the weekend after that as well. Graaaa! Difficult decisions!!! ... PJ in Missoula and then Octoberfest, though... that sounds like a memorable week if I decide that I can swing it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    Does anyone know about parking around the venue? I'm not going to book a room until I know whether I've gotten tickets (went through too much unbooking hotels and flights when Eddie postponed), and I'm guessing that the hotels within walking distance are already all booked.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    Does anyone know about parking around the venue? I'm not going to book a room until I know whether I've gotten tickets (went through too much unbooking hotels and flights when Eddie postponed), and I'm guessing that the hotels within walking distance are already all booked.
    I'm sure they have public transit too...
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    I forgot about that option! I usually get a place within walking distance.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    booking a refundable hotel is usually a decent option. Thats what I did
    Gorge
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:

looks like the Comfort Inn still has rooms, they are across the river from the venue.
    booking a refundable hotel is usually a decent option. Thats what I did

yup, The hotel I got has free cancellations up until Saturday afternoon (the night I want to be there).

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    IN! :P
  • Options
    i went on expedia yesterday and got a room for 69 bucks for sunday night...full refund if i don't go
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:
    i went on expedia yesterday and got a room for 69 bucks for sunday night...full refund if i don't go

I like the sound of that, other then the refund. See you in Missoula!!! ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    brittanymermaidbrittanymermaid Tulsa, OK Posts: 11
    Entered both drawings and the raffle!

I know I was born and I know that I'll die.
    The in between is mine.
    I. am. mine.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    norm wrote:

I like the sound of that, other then the refund. See you in Missoula!!! ;)

well i guess i should of said unless i don't get tickets ;):D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:

prices went up. :x

still can get a place within a mile or two in that range....

days inn doesn't look bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Hawthorne has rooms...and a wafflemaker.
    I will be the DD.
    :D

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Hawthorne has rooms...and a wafflemaker.
    I will be the DD.
    :D

that's way out there. :fp: :nono: :lol:

i want to be in walking distance....i might have a sobriety problem.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    might have? :lol::lol: