Options

***OFFICIAL***I'm Going to Missoula Thread

Comments

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    Stupid question- but can you only enter once?

You can enter once for GA and once for Reserved, but can only be drawn for 1 or the other

Just entered.... this is going to be a LOOONG 2 days
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i'm in, got a meet and greet ticket.

i was going to fly, but would be open to a carpool from pdx. i'm rolling solo.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I'll pick up anyone that needs a ride! ;)

Not alot of folks will be jumping in from the middle of Wyoming!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

i'm in...i'd meet you at woodfield :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    81 wrote:

i'm in...i'd meet you at woodfield :lol:

Okay, I tentatively put you on the list...I'll tell the wife to be watching for a smoking baby along the road... will you be wearing the PJ onesie with the wings?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Suziemay wrote:
    barger395 wrote:
    Bought 2 of the $250.00 vip "donations", booked my hotel. Now, booking flights to Spokane and a rental vehicle and should be all set to go!

Hopefully this time I will get a chance to meet some of you good people!!

Cheers!!
    Barger
    Wow Barger. You don't mess around, do you? Good job! :mrgreen:

I could not make to Europe for my birthday show in Oslo, so this is my bday present to myself! You know how bummed I was about not making the Europe tour, so this is the next best thing. Besides, why else would I go all the way to Missoula??

Cheers,
    Barger

EDIT...Just remembered that in the first "Mystery Poster Tube" event I entered, I got a Missoula poster from 5/28 with the deer head. I guess that might have some relevance now!!
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Anyone know of any campgrounds near the venue? Google isn't helping much.....But it looks like it's close to the edge of town, and the whole bloody city is surrounded by national parks and forests....
    If not, can you direct me to the nearest Wal Mart parking lot? ;)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    anybody driving thru Chicago to this? reliable car preferred. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Anyone know of any campgrounds near the venue? Google isn't helping much.....But it looks like it's close to the edge of town, and the whole bloody city is surrounded by national parks and forests....

WalMart-4000 Brooks St-Missoula

I would advise against camping that late in the year. I have camped on Memorial Day weekend and woke up to snow one morning. But if you are hardcore, have at it!

Booked my hotel, they have WAFFLES! I wonder if they have alcoholic whipped cream in Montana...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    RKCNDY wrote:

I would advise against camping that late in the year. I have camped on Memorial Day weekend and woke up to snow one morning. But if you are hardcore, have at it!

Booked my hotel, they have WAFFLES! I wonder if they have alcoholic whipped cream in Montana...

Just bring your own http://alcademics.typepad.com/.a/6a00e553b3da2088340154325f2210970c-500wi
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    this better fucking be the only us non-fe$tival show this year!

see ya there (if i get tix) :wave:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

damn..i really wanna go now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    norm wrote:

ditto
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:

I cannot get alcoholic whipped cream in Washington state (stupid laws). However, since I was able to purchase a bottle of Everclear the last time I was in Montana, I hope to be able to find alcoholic whipped cream there...it certainly will make the tailgate memorable. ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003

The great thing about Montucky is there are places to camp almost everywhere. You just can't stay longer than 28 days, otherwise you get tenants rights. no joke.

...this is gonna be a great show. 2012 the sticks!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:

ditto

et tu :fp:

where the hell is the chicago crew....we need to road trip out west.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362

Look! And there's a CAROUSEL there too :P

http://www.missoulakoa.com/attractions.htm
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:

I cannot get alcoholic whipped cream in Washington state (stupid laws). However, since I was able to purchase a bottle of Everclear the last time I was in Montana, I hope to be able to find alcoholic whipped cream there...it certainly will make the tailgate memorable. ;)

We'll have an alcoholic whipped cream gathering in the Doubletree lobby on Sunday morning. If they have Everclear, they should allow anything (like AZ). That's about the only plus about living in a red state :lol:

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    The great thing about Montucky is there are places to camp almost everywhere. You just can't stay longer than 28 days, otherwise you get tenants rights. no joke.

...this is gonna be a great show. 2012 the sticks!
    Ya, I figured it won't be hard to find a place....but would like to find one in advance. Will probably roll into town on the Saturday, likely in the dark....so I'd prefer to know where I'm going.

RKCNDY wrote:

:lol: ......lets hope it doesn't come down to WalMart.
    I'm Canadian....I'm ok with snow ;) Either way, I'll prob be in an RV....I'm more concerned the POS makes it there than I am about keeping warm.

I didn't get to meet many of you at Alpine....hope this all works out and I get to do some proper mingling at a tailgate.....
  • Options
    Suzi78 wrote:

Look! And there's a CAROUSEL there too :P

http://www.missoulakoa.com/attractions.htm
    damn, I was on a KOA site but didn't see all that. Cabins too! And an Arby's close by! :lol:
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    25 hour drive from chicago? :think:
  • Options
    I didn't get to meet many of you at Alpine....hope this all works out and I get to do some proper mingling at a tailgate.....

Same here. I hope there's a big Wishlist event or something else on Fri and Sat nights.
    I know I'm going to Glacier National Park on Saturday (free entry that weekend) to hike and sight-see. Everything else will be PJ-centric!

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:

ditto

et tu :fp:

where the hell is the chicago crew....we need to road trip out west.

drinking...a lot :P
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Any extra $250 tickets out there?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

if the mileage is right, i think i could do it in 20 in my truck with 2 pit stops....22 gallon gas tanks are nice, in a car, might be 4 stops.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

if the mileage is right, i think i could do it in 20 in my truck with 2 pit stops....22 gallon gas tanks are nice, in a car, might be 4 stops.

We better leave tomorrow just in case we get lost. :lol:
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    edited June 2012
    I'm gonna try like hell to get there.. I would love to see MT, catching a PJ show makes it time to go there.. Just got back from traveling so hopefully Thursday's not to late to get my name in there for the lottery.. If not, to the battle for tix I go when public sales hit...(I'm there, got tix)
    Post edited by Attaway77 on
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:

We'll have an alcoholic whipped cream gathering in the Doubletree lobby on Sunday morning. If they have Everclear, they should allow anything (like AZ). That's about the only plus about living in a red state :lol:

:(

so I have to make my waffles and trek out there? (I'm staying out by the airport)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Do they sell Mich Ultra in Montana?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    wish we could go to this....have fun, everyone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com