World Cup 2014 - Brazil!

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,180
    it's over they had about as good a tournament as one can expect from this team they are just not at the level of the top tier teams yet maybe they can build from this but who knows 2018 is far in the distance ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited July 2014
    Not over yet but it doesn't look good for usa.
    Oh crap! 2-1!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Thought Jones just had the equalizer! I had thrown in the towel, but now I'm ready to have a heart attack. Let's go!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    jeffbr said:

Thought Jones just had the equalizer! I had thrown in the towel, but now I'm ready to have a heart attack. Let's go!

Yep my heart was pounding
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Thank you Tim fucken Howard! U represented your country with pride/honor. Wow, team in front of u should've done more for you. Unreal, my hats off to you.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Good goal keeping performance USA.

2-1 is very limited damage. Nevertheless,

what a great sport, football.

Idris said:

They lost the game and are out of tournament it's not limited damage .....

Idris said:

as in it could very easily of been 5-1...but that's sports, could've...should've...but it is what it is.

The next few world cups and I think the US will be able to field a team that truly is top notch.
    Idris said:

Idris said:

as in it could very easily of been 5-1...but that's sports, could've...should've...but it is what it is.

The next few world cups and I think the US will be able to field a team that truly is top notch.
    Would love to see USA win a cup but only after my beloved CHILE wins one 1st ....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited July 2014
    Wow. What a game. I could not be possibly be prouder to have this team represent us, especially as someone who grew up playing ODP.

Honestly, incredibly sad this is the end for a lot of these players.

If this is the end of the line for Dempsey. THANK YOU! My god, Thank you. My favorite player in US history. That goal against Ghana goes down in the books. As does the "winner" against Portugal.

Beasley was never my favorite, especially coming into this world cup, but he proved himself as one of the all time greats for our country. HE PLAYED ONE HELL OF A FUCKING WORLD CUP.

Tim Howard. DO NOT LEAVE US. Please keep up this form. Is it possible? Top 3 keeper in the world as we speak, hands down.

Bradley will be back for his best world cup to date in Russia. Had a few errant touches today but I thought he was phenomenal.

Beckerman & Jones need to get a lot of love for this world cup. Played phenomenally. The Jones goal was some kind of beautiful

Julian Green.....I am in god damn love.

Juergen. Please stay with us. Bradley, Jozy, Green, Johnson, Yedlin. YES. FUCKING. PLEASE

And on a final note.

FUCKING BURY THAT WONDO. WE WERE FUCKING THROUGH
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    edited July 2014
    the US win hard and lose hard too. it was a good run, lots of hope for future with the young guys. Not sure why Beckerman did not play today, he and Jones have been phenomenal.

TIM HOWARD
    Post edited by rick1zoo2 on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    :))
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Idris said:

Idris said:

Would love to see USA win a cup but only after my beloved CHILE wins one 1st ....
    Chile I like, one of my top 10 teams, Italy being my number one since the early 90s,

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

Wow. What a game. I could not be possibly be prouder to have this team represent us, especially as someone who grew up playing ODP.

If this is the end of the line for Dempsey. THANK YOU! My god, Thank you. My favorite player in US history. That goal against Ghana goes down in the books. As does the "winner" against Portugal.

Beasley was never my favorite, especially coming into this world cup, but he proved himself as one of the all time greats for our country. HE PLAYED ONE HELL OF A FUCKING WORLD CUP.

Tim Howard. DO NOT LEAVE US. Please keep up this form. Is it possible? Top 3 keeper in the world as we speak, hands down.

Bradley will be back for his best world cup to date in Russia. Had a few errant touches today but I thought he was phenomenal.

Beckerman & Jones need to get a lot of love for this world cup. Played phenomenally. The Jones goal was some kind of beautiful

Juergen. Please stay with us. Bradley, Jozy, Green, Johnson, Yedlin. YES. FUCKING. PLEASE

And on a final note.

That was a heartbreaker, but so proud of the way this team battled.

Very sad that this is it for a lot of these guys....hard to see Dempsey still here in 4 years, but you never know. Beasley showed up pretty big in his 4th world cup...definitely one of the best US defenders of all time. And Howard...my god what a performance. He's one of the best keepers in the world....I could easily see him being in Russia in 4 years at 39. Not sure if he wants to though...I pray that he does.

Definitely a lot to be excited about for the future with guys like Bradley, Altidore, Johnson, Yedlin, and Green. Absolutely loved the way Yedlin came in and played yesterday. Loved the way Fabian Johnson played in this tournament as well.

Wondo is going to have nightmares about that shot for the rest of his life...I think I might too. Brutal.
    Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Chile I like, one of my top 10 teams, Italy being my number one since the early 90s,

So you are from Canada, live in the US but Italy is your favorite team? That makes a ton of sense.

Here is a thread for you

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/121118/are-you-a-sports-fan-fraud/p1
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,420
    So am I correct here?
    The Americans went 1-3?
    And I am supposed to be excited for this team?

Am I missing something?

I would rather watch flies fuck, than watch soccer.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

And on a final note.

That was a heartbreaker, but so proud of the way this team battled.

Very sad that this is it for a lot of these guys....hard to see Dempsey still here in 4 years, but you never know. Beasley showed up pretty big in his 4th world cup...definitely one of the best US defenders of all time. And Howard...my god what a performance. He's one of the best keepers in the world....I could easily see him being in Russia in 4 years at 39. Not sure if he wants to though...I pray that he does.

Definitely a lot to be excited about for the future with guys like Bradley, Altidore, Johnson, Yedlin, and Green. Absolutely loved the way Yedlin came in and played yesterday. Loved the way Fabian Johnson played in this tournament as well.

Wondo is going to have nightmares about that shot for the rest of his life...I think I might too. Brutal.
    Yeah, man. That was tough but the better team won. Would have been incredible to steal that though.

Agreed on all accounts. I would love to see Howard back. He is awesome.

Oh, man Wondo. That doesn't get easier to swallow overnight.

Was watching the game with a teammate from college. That Wondo miss brought us right back. Had the number 1 team in the country (D2) tied with just a couple minutes left, we were not very good. Almost an identical play and put it over. They scored about a minute into extra time.

Definitely a lot to look forward to.
    Idris said:

Finally something we can agree on. There is a lot to be excited about. Hopefully Juergen sticks around.

So am I correct here?
    The Americans went 1-3?

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are.

Then go for it.

The Portugal game was probably my favorite sporting event in a very long time.

Idris said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

So you are from Canada, live in the US but Italy is your favorite team? That makes a ton of sense.

Here is a thread for you

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/121118/are-you-a-sports-fan-fraud/p1
    I am a man with no country (pride) I am from Canada, and sure, I love it, as I also love being here in the US. But just because I am from a place, or love a place, does not mean I need to support everything that comes from said place/places. Because I live in the US, I can't support Italy? its too weird? does not make sense to you..really?

Anyway, Canada and The USA are made up of many people from many places, I myself speak over half a dozen languages, been around the world (almost), lived in a few countries, I play many sports fairly well, baseball, tennis,golf,football, rugby, cricket etc I should surely be able to pick whatever team/country I like to support, for whatever reasons.

I dont care too much for all that Country pride stuff. I care about people doing their best. That's why at the end I always say, I just like to see 'good games/matches/races etc.

If that makes me a sports fan fraud, Then so be it.
    -

It should also be mentioned that Belgium had Lukaku come on as a sub and we had Wondo.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Not a bad lineup. I'm sure a LOT will change before then, but like mentioned several times in this thread, there's a lot to look forward to.

Not a bad lineup. I'm sure a LOT will change before then, but like mentioned several times in this thread, there's a lot to look forward to.
    No doubt. And I don't see any way Jozy isn't there either.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144

So am I correct here?
    The Americans went 1-3?

Am I missing something?

1-2-1
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420

So am I correct here?
    The Americans went 1-3?

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are.

Then go for it.

wow no venom for this post? guess you used it all on me in the philly thread.
    pjhawks said:

So am I correct here?
    The Americans went 1-3?

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are.

Then go for it.

wow no venom for this post? guess you used it all on me in the philly thread.
    I said yes and that he should watch flies fuck if he wants to. You said everyone gets trophies, which is bullshit.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    edited July 2014

:))

He is the only guy in the stadium that doesn't look like he just rolled out of a clown car.
  • RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    I believe that Brasil will win !!