World Cup 2014 - Brazil!

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

Gameday! 3pm can't get here fast enough.

Happy birthday, dude. Hopefully these guys bring you a win.

So pumped!
    Thanks man. That would be a perfect bday gift!

USA!!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    4 hour layover in Charlotte. Why does my connecting flight have to leave at 330?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Idris said:

Longueuil said:

International referee not able to speak english?
    Yeah, right

It was a stupid thing to say, and of course I'm not shocked at such borderline Xenophobia being uttered on the international stage.

A few reports just out ripping him, good, I'm glad.

Still trolling? Xenophobia? You know he's a German living in the US? You know he's not a native English speaker? If you know all of these things, then you know you're trolling or you're using words you don't understand.
    And his comments are part of his gamesmanship. He's putting a bug in the ref's ear. He's posturing. I'm sure the ref speaks English, and I'm sure Jurgen knows it. He's fucking with the ref and making sure that the ref knows we'll all be watching for any favoritism. He's just trying to get in the ref's head a little bit. But keep on trying. You're certainly more entertaining than the Canadian national soccer team.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • OctopuS27OctopuS27 Posts: 569
    talking about 'favoritism', there's nothing you can do about it
    the game end's and whatever's the score you can't change it
    and yes, talking about that Germany-Portugal stuff and the USA-Portugal(elbow, penalty)
    they'll keep doing it, you guys heard what Maradona said right, about Suarez punishment and what 'boys' have to say?
    believe they need to be more impartial, or those RESPECT signs are only for fans?
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited July 2014
    jeffbr said:

Idris said:

Longueuil said:

Yeah, right

It was a stupid thing to say, and of course I'm not shocked at such borderline Xenophobia being uttered on the international stage.

Still trolling? Xenophobia? You know he's a German living in the US? You know he's not a native English speaker? If you know all of these things, then you know you're trolling or you're using words you don't understand.
    And his comments are part of his gamesmanship. He's putting a bug in the ref's ear. He's posturing. I'm sure the ref speaks English, and I'm sure Jurgen knows it. He's fucking with the ref and making sure that the ref knows we'll all be watching for any favoritism. He's just trying to get in the ref's head a little bit. But keep on trying. You're certainly more entertaining than the Canadian national soccer team.
    still upset i see, sensitive soul. I like it.

You know, Just because you have an issue with some of my posts, you cant just go around crying 'trolling'. Whats wrong with your head? Lay off the Fluoride.

He's fucking with the fef? That you defend, but when I jokingly make a small rip towards US sports/the US football team, clearly joking, I mean my smiley face not enough for you mr sensitive? and Me saying how I enjoy good games, games well played, and if the US plays well then good, they should win etc was still not enough?

How unfortunate.

Post edited by Idris on
    Idris said:

jeffbr said:

Idris said:

Longueuil said:

Yeah, right

still upset i see, sensitive soul. I like it.

You know, Just because you have an issue with some of my posts, you cant just go around crying 'trolling'. Whats wrong with your head? Lay off the Fluoride.

He's fucking with the fef? That you defend, but when I jokingly make a small rip towards US sports/the US football team, clearly joking, I mean my smiley face not enough for you mr sensitive? and Me saying how I enjoy good games etc was still not enough?

How unfortunate.

OK, I don't want to upset you. I'm not the least bit upset. I may be after today's game, but I'm all smiles right now. You absolutely were trolling, and I was just feeding the troll. Its a little game that is played on the Internet. :)
    Anyway, I love Canada (I'm from Seattle, so the Canucks are my "home" team), watch Hockey Night in Canada on CBUT, etc... and am just giving you shit back. No anger coming from me! But if you're flipping shit, you should expect it back. Especially if you're flipping the USMNT shit and come from a country with no representation in the World Cup! :)>-
    Nooooooo! I'm not upset! I dont get upset.

of course I came In here trying to rile up some US soccer fans, I figured I did it In a light hearted way, I'm sure some of you guys were a bit annoyed. But, it was all in good fun, In a sports thread. If u read any of my other posts, they are the complete opposite of how I entered this one.

and for the record, I expected better comebacks from u guys. So a bit disappointed in that way. My nailing that cliffy video and the black hawks la kings comment, I'm still laughing at that . Come on, funny no?

:) oh, this is gonna be a fun match.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    About to head to the bar now....

#IBelieveThatWeWillWin

About to head to the bar now....

#IBelieveThatWeWillWin

watch out, people make comments in bars that u may not like, be sure to call them out.

#IbelieveThatTheUSAWillLose(#causetheysuck)

Idris said:

Canadian teams don't even win the Stanley Cup, nevermind the World Cup :)) ;)

ya what's up with that!

wait wait wait...Olympic Gold, :p
    Oh yea, winter Olympics are still a thing, aren't they? Not for long >:)
    cause of the global warming?? :(
    Idris they are not that bad, they beat a team that Germany couldn't
    so they are not that bad
    let's see if Belgium will underestimate either
    so this Argentina-Switzerland is stuck on 0-0
    would like to see Messi cry, just a bit :(( :D
    in the start of Columbia-Uruguai, the Uruguai captain gave a hole lot of pennants to the other captain, it was too funny :))
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    For shit and giggles I looked up Canada's World Ranking. 5 spots better than Kuwait but worse than Iraq and Central African Republic

93 Angola 364 1 Up
    94 Palestine 358 71 Up
    95 Cuba 354 -5 Down
    96 Georgia 349 7 Up
    97 New Zealand 347 14 Up
    98 Estonia 343 -5 Down
    99 Zimbabwe 340 -1 Down
    100 Qatar 339 -5 Down
    101 Moldova 334 -2 Down
    102 Equatorial Guinea 333 11 Up
    103 China PR 331 -7 Down
    104 Iraq 329 -4 Down
    105 Central African Republic 321 1 Up
    106 Lithuania 319 -2 Down
    107 Ethiopia 317 -6 Down
    108 Kenya 296 -2 Down
    109 Latvia 293 0 Equal
    110 Bahrain 289 -5 Down
    110 Canada 289 0 Equal
    112 Niger 284 -10 Down
    113 Tanzania 283 9 Up
    114 Namibia 277 6 Up
    115 Kuwait 276 -7 Down
    edited July 2014
    the women used to get top 5, right? ;)
    Tanzania is looking strong
    Di Maria, my favorite Argentina player
    he played in Lisbon for some seasons
    saw him score with a letter-kick once
    OctopuS27 said:

Idris they are not that bad, they beat a team that Germany couldn't
    so they are not that bad
    let's see if Belgium will underestimate either

I know my friend, how can they be bad, they made round of 16! Did it by playing hard and making it work.

As mentioned before, I have no issues with any team, as long as they play good football on the pitch, don't take fake dives and just generally perform awesomeness.

I mean if I really wanted to rip the USA, I'd just start talking US domestic and foreign policy.

:)
    so Altidore is on the bench?
    it's the best option, to keep the same team
    he will then enter, and score
    Not pleased with Cameron starting. He's got more holes than a sieve. I'd rather have Beckerman in scrapping away.
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Good first half. Advantage Belgium but still no goal.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,186
    OctopuS27 said:

so this Argentina-Switzerland is stuck on 0-0
    would like to see Messi cry, just a bit :(( :D
    in the start of Columbia-Uruguai, the Uruguai captain gave a hole lot of pennants to the other captain, it was too funny :))

COLOMBIA NOT COLUMBIA ok URUGUAY not URUGUAI ok >>>>
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Wow. Howard is having to work way too hard.

Wow. Howard is having to work way too hard.

Holy shit. I'm glad he's so world class. It feels like the US is playing with 8 guys.

• LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Team USA is lucky to have Howard.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,186
    You can't win expecting Howard to just keep on making save after save ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    still time left :-S

Howard's been a beast.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA