Options

BBC "Sherlock" / Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I feel like a fraud posting in your ladies thread. I don't get the Cumberbatch thing :shock:

May be it's because the accent is normal for me??

But I will try to alert you whenever he is on tv over here so you can youtube the results :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    chime wrote:
    I feel like a fraud posting in your ladies thread. I don't get the Cumberbatch thing :shock:

But I will try to alert you whenever he is on tv over here so you can youtube the results :P
    hahah It's all good :) I understand he's not a conventional beauty so I totally get it when people think I'm a freak for liking him :lol:

Thanks for the alerts, that is super sweet of ya :D
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    chime wrote:

That's very nice of you! ;) I don't think this is really a ladies thread, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of Sherlock fans on this board, so maybe we have gotten a bit picture crazy :lol: And it's not the accent, dahling. It's the voice! And face! And acting, of course. 8-)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    chime wrote:

That's very nice of you! ;) I don't think this is really a ladies thread, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of Sherlock fans on this board, so maybe we have gotten a bit picture crazy :lol: And it's not the accent, dahling. It's the voice! And face! And acting, of course. 8-)
    haha yes I hope the photo galleries don't put people from sharing their love of the show! :) It could not be helped lol
  • Options
    If anything, the photo gallery should be bringing people the party! :lol:

And here's Part II of the AV club article. "Tomfoolery" is my favorite word, btw, if anyone cares, haha
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/benedict ... lem,84495/

And again the commentators! :lol: My favorites today:
    "[rips mask off Benedict Cumberbatch's face] Look, everyone! He's really Engelbert Humperdinck!"

and someone said they'd like to have his babies, and someone else responded with "So you'd like to make your own "Eggs Benedict"? :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    British beer
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    British beer

:lol: It's almost like he's British or something! :lol:

Smart ass... 8-)
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    British beer

:lol: It's almost like he's British or something! :lol:

Smart ass... 8-)

I'll drink to that!
  • Options
    A few chapters into the gigantic novel that is Parade's End :shock: I hope this doesn't turn into an Anna Karenina thing that takes me 2 months to read :lol: So far, it's really good though.
  • Options
    Benedict-Cumberbatch-who--007.jpg
    I just want him to glare at me all the time. That is all.
  • Options
    Holy crap, they've added Ewan McGregor to this thing too?! Again, yes please! :mrgreen:
    http://www.hitfix.com/news/ewan-mcgrego ... age-county
  • Options
    This made me laugh so hard
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/if- ... lues-clues

"Made of paper, mentally unstable, dog possibly diseased...."
  • Options
    Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm talking to myself at this point, but that's ok :?

First of all: Dear Emmys, Suck it!!!! 16 nominations and not one win?!
    Second: have I mentioned my celebrity barf list? Well, it gets longer by the day, but number 1 on my barf list always has been and continues to be now more than ever, Kevin Costner! BLECH!!!!! HOW TF did he beat Cumberbatch for best actor?!!!!!!? :evil:

Third, and not Cumberbatch related: I love Modern Family, but how can they nominate everyone in the same category and screw everyone else!? Parks and Rec has never won anything, ever, and besides Sherlock, is the best show on tv right now IMO. Whatevs.
  • Options
    Kevin Costner is an AWFUL actor. Plus he has the personality of stale toast.

Yeah, F the Emmy's is what I'm saying too! Award shows in general are meaningless...that said, it would have been nice to see the show get some well-deserved kudos.

There weren't even any interviews aired with Ben or Martin on the red carpet! But watch, this time next year everyone will be clamoring to talk to them, with the Hobbit and Star Trek 2 coming out.

Hail hail the lucky ones who know how good this show is 8-)
  • Options
    Next year, the boys are going to be huge!!!

In other news, I see your bland sherlock fantasies have successfully made it to the imdb message boards, and elsewhere! :lol: Nice.
  • Options

In other news, I see your bland sherlock fantasies have successfully made it to the imdb message boards, and elsewhere! :lol: Nice.
    Absolutely! And then when everyone says hey do you know about these guys, we can nod and say yep.....y'all are LATE :lol:

Thank you! Yes it's amazing how it has spread....we have 2,231 followers right now! :o
  • Options

Absolutely! And then when everyone says hey do you know about these guys, we can nod and say yep.....y'all are LATE :lol:

Thank you! Yes it's amazing how it has spread....we have 2,231 followers right now! :o

:) The Target one almost killed me, mainly because I work there and would pee myself if he was in a tux buying a lint roller :lol::lol: Keep up the Nice work, ladies.
  • Options

:) The Target one almost killed me, mainly because I work there and would pee myself if he was in a tux buying a lint roller :lol::lol: Keep up the Nice work, ladies.
    haha that was inspired by my trip to LA last month when I went to see Jack White. We all went to the Beverly Hills Target and I saw Trent Reznor. It was like wait, in Target? So yeah, the idea of seeing Ben just hanging out all in a suit with lint on him.....I had to do it :lol:

We had planned to do an Emmy one tonight if he won, consisting of using it as an earring holder (cuz how bland is that? lol), but sadly that was not to be. Maybe next year! :D
  • Options
    You saw Trent Reznor at Target?! I would have lost my shit and gotten fired! :lol: That's awesome. Jack White did a secret show at a laundrymat in Portland around the same time, but we didn't get an email until 15 minutes before the show and wouldn't have made it across the bridge. lame!

PS: You know those red carpet pics of BC with the napkins on his head are a Bland Sherlock Fantasy waiting to happen, right :lol: (If I knew photoshop, I'd do it myself!)
  • Options
    :o Awesome, except he should be James Bond! Am I the only one who thinks Daniel Craig is :? ?
    http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/ ... ond-baddie
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Episodes 4-6 are now on Netflix, Finally!
  • Options

Nice! Have you not seen season 2 yet? :o The DVDs are surprisingly cheap on amazon too. Enjoy!
  • Options

Nice! Have you not seen season 2 yet? :o The DVDs are surprisingly cheap on amazon too. Enjoy!

I haven't, might do a marathon this weekend of all 6, it's going to rain so it's kind of perfect!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    Streaming Netflix finally has a few new episodes.

I have to start watching them tonight! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options

I haven't, might do a marathon this weekend of all 6, it's going to rain so it's kind of perfect!

That sounds like a perfect weekend to me! That will be quite a long marathon though :)
  • Options
    justam wrote:

:thumbup: Prepare to have your mind blown after The Reichenbach Fall. It's one of the best season finales I've ever seen! 8-)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    justam wrote:

:thumbup: Prepare to have your mind blown after The Reichenbach Fall. It's one of the best season finales I've ever seen! 8-)

I'm watching the Hounds of Baskerville right now. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    8-)
  • Options
    Watched 4 episodes on Saturday and 2 on Sunday, Awesome, but, WTF!?!?!?! That Ending!
  • Options
    Watched 4 episodes on Saturday and 2 on Sunday, Awesome, but, WTF!?!?!?! That Ending!

Amazing, right?!!!! And now we have to wait a freakin' year for season 3!!! :evil: