Don't Frack Ohio

13»

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    I think most industries in some way are boom & bust. From Polaroids to oil to iPods. That's really just how business works. When the jobs disappear people have to adapt and move on.

Back on topic, here's an article on why regulation is needed:

http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/2012/05/30/why-the-shale-gas-industry-needs-regulations-for-fracking/

Guess the point here is that fracking is coming and we need the gas and it should be fine if it's strictly regulated, which it most certainly is not at this point.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I think most industries in some way are boom & bust. From Polaroids to oil to iPods. That's really just how business works. When the jobs disappear people have to adapt and move on.

Back on topic, here's an article on why regulation is needed:

http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/2012/05/30/why-the-shale-gas-industry-needs-regulations-for-fracking/

Guess the point here is that fracking is coming and we need the gas and it should be fine if it's strictly regulated, which it most certainly is not at this point.

Yeah I agree with you most industries are. That's why I mentioned that there are bigger economic issues at hand here, with fracking falling under a number of them and being a symbol of those.

Really interesting article. What's the likelihood of that happening? And if it is further regulated, are we sure that those regulations will be enforced? They think SB 315 in Ohio is extremely strict, but the loopholes for the industry are extremely evident. The dangers are too great. I just think it would be wiser to invest in other areas of energy.

I think though that if it's going to be there, you are right on about fine tuning regulation.