PEARL JAM TO PLAY MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

Comments

• Single day passes are now available for MIA. If you're buying those, don't forget PJ plays on Sunday! Hope to see all of you guys at the Wishlist Pre Party. See below.

I'm hoping to post back shortly with an update on the posters and some additional donations (from the Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies!).

As usual, you can always use this link for the most up to date information on the party and you're always welcome to email me with questions or suggestions.

Wishlist Pre Party in Philly!

wishlist_blue.gif

If you haven't signed up yet please shoot me an email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pjfan@ymail.com">pjfan@ymail.com</a><!-- e -->. RSVP not required but helps the planning.

The Highlights:

What: The Wishlist Pearl Jam Fan Pre Party!
    Where: The Public House - Map- Menu
    When: Sept. 2nd at 1pm
    Who: Everyone is invited! If you can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pjfan@ymail.com">pjfan@ymail.com</a><!-- e --> with how many people it would be helpful but not required.
    Beneficiary: Pathway Caring for Children
    Donations: If you have some PJ merch you can add to the raffle please email me. Check out what we have already. Donations not required to attend.
    Poster: I'm looking for some help in getting a special poster drawn up for the pre party in the spirit of the band. If you're an artist and want to help out, please click here.

We're getting great support from the management there and have been getting some nice donations for the raffle as well. Don't forget The Public House has a full menu so you're welcome to come early for lunch. I'll get there a little before noon for lunch and to set up. You don't need a ticket to the show to attend this party so if you have friends or family in the area, bring them along!

For full details please click here.

I can't wait to meet everyone!
    Come check out my PJ Tribute site :) www.ComeToThePorch.net If you're reading this, you'll love it. You can also find me on Twitter @ComeToThePorch.
  • Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    That is some GREAT Philly love there. That is why the band always brings it when they play in Philadelphia. (Or Camden) MIA will be no different.

Agreed..PHILLY has never been anything else but a good time for me. It's stubhub that pretty much screwed me. Had that dude not taken over and got me tickets I would have been on hold with stubhub ALL night. Yeah, stubhub has a guaruntee for you, but it just doesnt happen 1, 2, 3 if your tickets get denied. Imagine this dude doesnt help me...Im sitting outside the venue, on the phone with stubhub while the first set is going on. Then stubhub has to go through all the hassle of your purchase info and personal info, find seats hopefully for you in the venue(prob a lot shittier than what you selected in the first place), if not than you get your money back. Who wants there money back?! Im here to see fkn PEARL JAM! This mia fest is a bit different for sure, but for any other event I can only feel confident with hard tix or will call pick up. Thanks to the guy at the Spectrum box office (Philly/South Jersey/Penn native I'm sure 8-) ) my misfortune turned to good fortune.

Anyway, See ya'll mofos there ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • waterairwaterair Posts: 53
    bump

https://www.facebook.com/groups/393354217376785/

There is a group page on Facebook called Pearl Jam Made in America Fan Horde with information and links for public transportation information ...
    Let's go to Europe ;-)

#409xxx
    (how I let my membership lapse is beyond me.)
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    waterair wrote:
    bump

There is a group page on Facebook called Pearl Jam Made in America Fan Horde with information and links for public transportation information ...
    Thanks for that, should be helpful.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    waterair wrote:
    bump

No Facebook. Is the info too much to paste in here?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    How I miss that shitty little Spectrum box office.....

I remember I brought my friend who was from Boston and gave him the "tour" of the Spectrum which consisted of "This is the one bathroom, this is the other, and these are the stairs up and these are the stairs down. That's the Spectrum for you." The whole thing took about 3 and a half minutes.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • MA86730MA86730 Posts: 47
    Official Post-Party Pearl Jam Made In America

Philadelphia actually has a bar that pays homage to Pearl Jam...ALL THE TIME...The Irish Pol

Philly's ONLY Pearl Jam bar (home of MonkeyWrench Mondays) is the obvious place for PJ fans to gather ALL weekend. Bonus: after the show on Sunday (midnight-close), show up at The Irish Pol in a Pearl Jam shirt for the famous happy hour specials that got us voted #1 Happy Hour in all of Philadelphia!

The Irish Pol
    45 S. 3rd Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19106
    www.theirishpol.com
    267-761-9532
    What could be Better than a beer with Eddie Vedder.
  • MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    Watching Gary Clark Jr. on the Lollapalooza webcast and WOW. He is shredding on stage and he hasn't even performed Bright Lights yet. Can't wait to se him, he is not one to be missed at MIA!

Would kill to see him do a collab with Mike at MIA although should that happen we run the risk of too much FUCKYEAH! in one place at one time.

POP POP!

PS: The Gaslight Anthem webcast starts at 6:15 EST.
    POP POP!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    soooo....if one wanted to find a cheap ticket, where would one look ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i have an extra for both days
  • DN53738DN53738 Posts: 17
    Just a FYI.

If anyone ordered TicketFast delivery option you need to call Ticketmaster. They've decided to nix the print at home option without telling anyone. They will send you tickets in the mail or leave them at will call but you need to call first. If you try to print them from your ticketmaster.com account, you will get a message telling you to call customer service immediately. The customer service agent told me the promoter decided to remove the print at home option a few days ago. An email from TM would have been nice, but I guess that is asking too much...I'm just glad that I decided to check today instead of the day before the show.

This really freaked me out. I ordered my tickets friday and printed them Friday. When I read this I called TM and they had no idea what I was talking about. They said the printed tickets are accepted and I am fine. They said the only way they send hard copies if you lose your tickets.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    gary clark jr is f'in badass... its a shame he isnt on the sunday bill
  • my2hands wrote:

yes - here is a little of what he just did to Lolla
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QBBBNqttkA
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    my2hands wrote:

There are a couple of great acts on saturdays bill
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

There are a couple of great acts on saturdays bill

Truth.

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

do what now?
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:
    inquiring minds need to know this too :D
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Momadance wrote:
    Just a FYI.

If anyone ordered TicketFast delivery option you need to call Ticketmaster. They've decided to nix the print at home option without telling anyone. They will send you tickets in the mail or leave them at will call but you need to call first. If you try to print them from your ticketmaster.com account, you will get a message telling you to call customer service immediately. The customer service agent told me the promoter decided to remove the print at home option a few days ago. An email from TM would have been nice, but I guess that is asking too much...I'm just glad that I decided to check today instead of the day before the show.
    Crap....bought my StubHub tickets which I've printed out already from someone who used Ticketfast...

I think you should be fine since you already printed it out
    I just talked to TicketMaster because I had purchased a TicketFast ticket.. the guy said anyone who printed it out before should be fine if that makes you feel better but to be safe, make sure you save any written trail between you and StubHub. Also, bring StubHub's number with you in case your tickets are rejected, they are supposed to do their best to replace when that happens: 1.866.788.2482 (Weekdays:5 a.m. - 8 p.m. Pacific time / Weekends:6 a.m. - 7 p.m. Pacific time)

I'm sure you are fine, but I'm a plan for the worse kinda person :mrgreen:
  • MA86730MA86730 Posts: 47
    What are the chances that Eddie may stick around an extra day for a cameo with Bruce Springsteen the following night at Citizens Bank Park?
    What could be Better than a beer with Eddie Vedder.
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I'm going 50%.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Suziemay wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Crap....bought my StubHub tickets which I've printed out already from someone who used Ticketfast...

I think you should be fine since you already printed it out
    I just talked to TicketMaster because I had purchased a TicketFast ticket.. the guy said anyone who printed it out before should be fine if that makes you feel better but to be safe, make sure you save any written trail between you and StubHub. Also, bring StubHub's number with you in case your tickets are rejected, they are supposed to do their best to replace when that happens: 1.866.788.2482 (Weekdays:5 a.m. - 8 p.m. Pacific time / Weekends:6 a.m. - 7 p.m. Pacific time)

I'm sure you are fine, but I'm a plan for the worse kinda person :mrgreen:
    Good to know, thanks Su! And yes, Stub Hub's number is already in my phone! Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. I just want in to see my favorite band!!! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Does anyone have an idea about what time Pearl Jam might be on stage at a festival like this?

I will be working in Philly that day and I would be so sad if I was still at work when they were on stage :( I haven't gone to this sort of festival before, so if anyone has an estimate, I'd be grateful.

By the way, as long as I get out on time, I will be working until 7pm.

Does anyone have an idea about what time Pearl Jam might be on stage at a festival like this?

I will be working in Philly that day and I would be so sad if I was still at work when they were on stage :( I haven't gone to this sort of festival before, so if anyone has an estimate, I'd be grateful.

I'd imagine 8 at the earliest
    severed hand thirteen
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Does anyone have an idea about what time Pearl Jam might be on stage at a festival like this?

I'd imagine 8 at the earliest

Ok, thanks! :D
  • Does anyone have an idea about what time Pearl Jam might be on stage at a festival like this?

I feel like you might have the flu on Sunday September 2nd :shifty:

I feel like you might have the flu on Sunday September 2nd :shifty:

I was thinking the same thing :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    If this show is anything like the Spectrum run, we'll all have the flu by Sept 4th :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    If this show is anything like the Spectrum run, we'll all have the flu by Sept 4th :lol:
    :fp:

that shit was nasty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    MA86730 wrote:
    What are the chances that Eddie may stick around an extra day for a cameo with Bruce Springsteen the following night at Citizens Bank Park?

100%

Probably do my hometown and betterman with the boss and eband. Who knows might even have mike come out and do ghost of tom joad.

Tickets in section 300 and 400 are $68
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Has anybody had any successful Priceline bids on hotels in Philly for Sunday night?
This discussion has been closed.