Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Nope.
    Huh?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    brianlux said:
    Nope.
    Huh?
    A redacted post.

I saw that Tuscaloosa was up on the NYA last night, but it’s just the track for Don’t be Denied, not the whole album. It sounds great! If Neil keeps releasing all these albums he supposedly has in the works, I’m going to need a bigger house.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I wanna end this phone call Im on so I can listennnnnnnnnnn.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    brianlux said:
    Nope.
    Huh?
    A redacted post.

I saw that Tuscaloosa was up on the NYA last night, but it’s just the track for Don’t be Denied, not the whole album. It sounds great! If Neil keeps releasing all these albums he supposedly has in the works, I’m going to need a bigger house.
    LOL- I'll bet!

This will be you in ten years searching for that one special test pressing of Tonight's the Night in among your wall of Neil Young LP's:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

That was great. If I didn't buy THAT GOD DAMN 4 WAY STREET FOR 60 DOLLARS AND FORGOT TO RETURN IT BECAUSE OF EASTER I could have bought that Tuscaloosa album.

With Neil playing with so many different bands and artists, and him himself rediscovering himself and going on different kind of tours - his "vault" releases are so much more interesting than Pearl Jam's.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    That was great. If I didn't buy THAT GOD DAMN 4 WAY STREET FOR 60 DOLLARS AND FORGOT TO RETURN IT BECAUSE OF EASTER I could have bought that Tuscaloosa album.

With Neil playing with so many different bands and artists, and him himself rediscovering himself and going on different kind of tours - his "vault" releases are so much more interesting than Pearl Jam's.
    MUCH more interesting 

Neil is a treasure
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited April 2019
    Did you see that thing he did with Norah Jones a few years back ?
    He has just been a great mentor for many up and coming artists including our very own PJ...of course...and now POTR.
    https://youtu.be/RDEfIxWEID0
    I probably say this too much, or too often, but this is as good as it gets!!

Post edited by RYME on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

You no happy with 4 way? I think it's a very nice master job. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    The Crazy Horse record is finished!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^^KOOL!!!^^^^
    goldrush said:
    The Crazy Horse record is finished!

Oh yeeeeeeah! 

Recorded at 9200' elevation?  Whoa!That's gotta be a first (unless we're talking Andean music).

So how do you all feel about Nils being with Crazy Horse instead of Poncho?  I like them both but have mixed feelings.  To me, Sampedro has been an essential component of my favorite Crazy Horse albums and live shows.

edited April 2019
    brianlux said:
    So how do you all feel about Nils being with Crazy Horse instead of Poncho?  I like them both but have mixed feelings.  To me, Sampedro has been an essential component of my favorite Crazy Horse albums and live shows.
    I feel like I would if Jack irons, Krusen or Dave A would replace Matt Cameron if he left. Nils has a history with Neil and been on albums etc, It's not like Neil got the first available hired gun from P!nks touring band or something like that. 

So I'm cool with it, with Poncho choosing to quit and not having been fired or anything. No bad blood (what we know).
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    mrussel1 said:

You no happy with 4 way? I think it's a very nice master job. 
    It's just WAY over what I thought I would pay for a "normal" record.
    Who is art directing Neils releases now when Gary Burden is gone? Does he have a new go-to guy, or does he use several different people?
    Neil debuted 4 new songs at last night’s solo show:

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Hoping some of them will be on Mirrorball 2 

#believe
    goldrush said:

Is this the show @PJ_Soul missed?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    goldrush said:

Indeed it is!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:

Indeed it is!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:

Indeed it is!

I sincerely do not mind at all (I love that movie btw!! ^^)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Quietly tucked away in an article about the 50th anniversary of 'Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere' is the news that the new Crazy Horse record will be called 'Pink Moon'.

It's a strange title to go for, considering there's already a pretty famous 'Pink Moon' out there. Surely Neil is aware of Nick Drake? There's no other mention of it that I can see on NYA though, so who knows?

(Tim Rogers)
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Portland tonight!! I am beyond stoked! Anyone else catching a show in the Pacific Northwest?
    Quite a few little updates in the Letters To The Editor section of NYA recently.

The Crazy Horse record is due in September.
    Alchemy is in post-production.
    Still working on Weld
    Island In The Sun could be released as an EP
    A quick reference to the Archives 2 box set
    ”Amazing video” exists of the 93 European tour with Booker T (I saw my first Neil show on that tour!)

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Quite a few little updates in the Letters To The Editor section of NYA recently.

Still working on Weld
    ”Amazing video” exists of the 93 European tour with Booker T (I saw my first Neil show on that tour!)

Feels a bit weird, how he skips questions and the short tweet-like answers. 

Good that he's transparent like this ofc though.
    brianlux said:
    I feel like I would if Jack irons, Krusen or Dave A would replace Matt Cameron if he left. Nils has a history with Neil and been on albums etc, It's not like Neil got the first available hired gun from P!nks touring band or something like that. 

So I'm cool with it, with Poncho choosing to quit and not having been fired or anything. No bad blood (what we know).
    Yeah, I love Ponchos' contributions and am sort of sorry he isn't playing with The Horse but Nils is cool and like you say, he has played off an on with Neil over the years.  I'm guessing Poncho is happy with his master gardener's work in Hawaii these days and would rather stick with that.

goldrush said:

Still working on Weld

Oh how I wish Weld would be released on DVD!  I have the VHS tape but it's old and worn out.

brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Still working on Weld

Oh how I wish Weld would be released on DVD!  I have the VHS tape but it's old and worn out.
    Speaking of Weld, this was posted today...

(Tim Rogers)
    He's announcing more shit than Vinnie Vincent. Hopefully it all comes through. 

GET TO MIRRORBALL NEIL!
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Still working on Weld

Speaking of Weld, this was posted today...

YES!  Hooray!