https://youtu.be/J7o9V6h6PGU
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited October 2022
    I agree, he should have included CD copies too.
    No no no

But he should/could have released it when the Harvest re-issue was. So people doesn't have to buy the album a second, to third, to fourth time.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Bought tickets for me and my brother. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    goldrush said:
    The official video for Break The Chain is out now

https://youtu.be/J7o9V6h6PGU

Nice!  Love seeing Nils play some slide!
    This is interesting to me also because I notice Neil not using a pick.  In fact, I'm thinking he may have stopped using a guitar pick altogether.  I'm starting to have a hard time holding on to picks.  Les Paul developed similar issues, even to the point of gluing sandpaper to his picks.  I was thinking about trying that myself... but maybe Neil has the right idea.  Just do without?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    I think I saw Doyle from misfits chewing gum and sticking it on his fingers a few years ago. Makes sense now. Also the stage was littered with dropped picks, which I was happy to help clean up ;)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    I’m a sucker for lists like this! A member of one of the FB fan pages has put together an updated list of the titles that Neil put to the “What’s In The Can?” vote a few years ago.
    It’s cool to see just how much has actually been released since then.

Remember the Can poll? What actually happened since then?

Released:

YOUNG SHAKESPEARE, Stratford Shakespeare Theater, SOLO 1971,FILM + LP

RETURN TO GREENDALE, CRAZY HORSE 2003 STAGE, PRODUCTION, FILM + LP

TOAST, CRAZY HORSE LP 2001, LP

WAY DOWN IN THE RUST BUCKET, CRAZY HORSE LIVE at the Catalyst 1990, FILM + LP

BOTTOM LINE, SOLO 1974 LP (As Bootleg Series)

ODEON BUDAKON, LONDON ODEON HAMMERSMITH/TOKYO BUDAKON, DOCUMENTARY FILM + LP (Album in Vol2; Film in Vol3)

POLAR VORTEX (SOLO ACOUSTIC), FILM + LP (Film Available as Timeless Orpheum and Orpheum concert in Movietone)

LINCVOLT CHRONICLES 1-5, DOCUMENTARY SERIES (Available on NYA, subscription section of Hearse)

TRUNK SHOW, 2009 FILM DIRECTED BY JONATHAN DEMME, FILM (Available on NYA, Movietone)

GREENDALE at VICAR STREET, SOLO 2003, FILM + LP (Film available on NYA; Audio available on Amazon)

Scheduled or Near-Scheduled:

HARVEST TIME, 1971 FILM OF MAKING OF HARVEST, FILM + LP (As Harvest 50)

OVER THE RAINBOW (LIVE), Rainbow Club LONDON, LP (As Bootleg Series)

DUCKS, LIVE IN SANTA CRUZ 1977, LP (As “Flyin High”, Bootleg Series)

BERLIN, TRANS BAND 1982, FILM + LP (As VOL3)

OCEANSIDE COUNTRYSIDE, ORIGINAL STUDIO LP, LP 1976-77 (As Vol3)

BOARDING HOUSE, SOLO 1976, FILM + LP (As Vol3)

ISLAND IN THE SUN, LP 1982 (As “Johnny’s Island in Vol3)

TRANS 2020, ANIMATED TRANS FILM + EP (As Vol3)

Awaiting/Other:

ALCHEMY, CRAZY HORSE 2012/2013, FILM + LP

EARLY DAZE, CRAZY HORSE 1960s, LP

MIRROR BALL LIVE DUBLIN, friends from PEARL JAM, FILM + LP

MONSANTO YEARS, PROMISE OF THE REAL 2014, DOCUMENTARY with recording, session, FILM + LP

THE TOWER, 2018 PHILADELPHIA SOLO LIVE, FILM + LP

Chrome Dreams, ORIGINAL STUDIO LP 1977, LP

FILLMORE EAST - CSNY LIVE, BAND + SOLO 1971, FILM + LP

RAGGED GLORY CRAZY HORSE, Extended Version w extra songs, LP

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Why aren't you going to the Harvest Time theatrical showing?

I thought we all were fans in here
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    I think I saw Doyle from misfits chewing gum and sticking it on his fingers a few years ago. Makes sense now. Also the stage was littered with dropped picks, which I was happy to help clean up ;)

Ha!  Great story! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Why aren't you going to the Harvest Time theatrical showing?

I thought we all were fans in here
    I have had enough of early 70's Neil with all the great releases.  I'm burned out.   I would like to see some 99 solo tour stuff, Alchemy, Mirror Ball film or more late 60s CH releases A Neil Young with Booker T + the MGs would also be great, The Garfield crazy horse shows etc.  When it comes to Harvest, I feel like the field has been overworked.   There is so much more than 70-76 Neil, but a majority of the archive and bootleg releases have been from here
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Listened to Jason Newstedt talking to Bill Burr on Burrs podcast. And he talked about Rock Werchter 1993 and how Neil Young (and Booker T + MGs) played before Metallica but should have played after them because he blew them off the stage. Without any pyro.

An official 1993 tour release would be nice. The Stockholm bootleg sounds great. Pearl Jam on Rockin' in the Free World. Would be lovely to have something official.
  • Options
    I love it that there's a lot about Nils here (one of my favorites) and great to hear mentions on Poncho. 
    My wife saw me reading this article and said, "Order that record.  That's what I'm getting your for Christmas."
    "OK!"  :smiley:

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    on Howard this morning

i can hear him talk all day, Guy just gets IT
  • Options

Neil Young has not performed live since September 2019, and it now seems that might have been his fans' last chance to catch the Canadian icon in concert.

Last year, Young told Rolling Stone that he was holding off on touring behind his latest Crazy Horse album at the time, Barn, because of ongoing COVID-19 concerns, telling the magazine, "I don't want to put people in danger. I don't want people to see me out there and think I think everything is okay. I don't think everything is okay."

And while the pandemic is still causing concern and complications among touring musicians, Young has added a more definitive reason why he may never hit the road again. 

In a new interview with Q's Tom Power, promoting another new Crazy Horse album, World Record, Young explains that his environmental views, especially when it comes to eating sustainably, are something he refuses to compromise on, and which can be difficult to uphold when touring from city to city.

"When I look at the compromise that I would have to make to do that, the things that I don't believe in, that I'd have to endorse, it doesn't turn me on," Young tells Power. "I can deal with the power for the venue, I can make it clean. I can make the P.A. clean, the lights clean, the electricity in the building clean. I can clean up all my vehicles. I've got the right fuel. I can do all of that. But the food — all those places are fed by factory farms."

Young is referring to the industrial method of raising farmed animals, which has been criticized by environmental advocates as an intensive form of agriculture that prioritizes maximizing profits over the treatment of its livestock in addition to generating as much greenhouse gas emissions as "all cars, trucks and automobiles combined," as Greenpeace states.

Young has been speaking out against factory farming for years, and in 1985 he helped establish the annual Farm Aid concerts, which raise money for family farmers in the U.S. One of Young's last performances was at the 2019 edition of Farm Aid.

"I can't support it," Young continues, noting that most venues' foods are sourced from caterers who use factory-farmed foods. He notes that it can be difficult coming into venues, demanding "good food that has to be clean food, sustainably grown, and presented in a sustainable way." 

Ultimately, Young states: "Fuel is half of it, and food is the other half."

When Power asks Young if that means he's no longer touring, Young replies, "Unless the venues are clean, and that they work that way, I won't be there."

"I've seen too much," he continues, "I can't do it. I believe in what I believe, and it's grounded in science. I know what's going on in the planet, what caused it, what we're continuing to do, and I cannot support buildings, organizations and companies that will not change that. If they change it, then I can consider going."

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    never saw him solo, but saw him with CSNY, so I guess that's something. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It'll be a shame if he doesn't tour again, but there would be a time it would have to stop anyway. I've been lucky to see Neil quite a few times over the years (with the Horse, and with PJ on the Mirrorball tour), but the dream would be a solo acoustic show.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    New interview with Zane Lowe and Rick Rubin up today

https://youtu.be/PZ-AVFpB3KI

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    goldrush said:
    It'll be a shame if he doesn't tour again, but there would be a time it would have to stop anyway. I've been lucky to see Neil quite a few times over the years (with the Horse, and with PJ on the Mirrorball tour), but the dream would be a solo acoustic show.
    I also have been lucky to have seen him 4 times. Once with CSNY, and three times with Crazy Horse. Last time I saw him live was 2007. It would be great to see him at least one more time.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    goldrush said:

Neil Young has not performed live since September 2019, and it now seems that might have been his fans' last chance to catch the Canadian icon in concert.

Last year, Young told Rolling Stone that he was holding off on touring behind his latest Crazy Horse album at the time, Barn, because of ongoing COVID-19 concerns, telling the magazine, "I don't want to put people in danger. I don't want people to see me out there and think I think everything is okay. I don't think everything is okay."

And while the pandemic is still causing concern and complications among touring musicians, Young has added a more definitive reason why he may never hit the road again. 

In a new interview with Q's Tom Power, promoting another new Crazy Horse album, World Record, Young explains that his environmental views, especially when it comes to eating sustainably, are something he refuses to compromise on, and which can be difficult to uphold when touring from city to city.

"When I look at the compromise that I would have to make to do that, the things that I don't believe in, that I'd have to endorse, it doesn't turn me on," Young tells Power. "I can deal with the power for the venue, I can make it clean. I can make the P.A. clean, the lights clean, the electricity in the building clean. I can clean up all my vehicles. I've got the right fuel. I can do all of that. But the food — all those places are fed by factory farms."

Young is referring to the industrial method of raising farmed animals, which has been criticized by environmental advocates as an intensive form of agriculture that prioritizes maximizing profits over the treatment of its livestock in addition to generating as much greenhouse gas emissions as "all cars, trucks and automobiles combined," as Greenpeace states.

Young has been speaking out against factory farming for years, and in 1985 he helped establish the annual Farm Aid concerts, which raise money for family farmers in the U.S. One of Young's last performances was at the 2019 edition of Farm Aid.

"I can't support it," Young continues, noting that most venues' foods are sourced from caterers who use factory-farmed foods. He notes that it can be difficult coming into venues, demanding "good food that has to be clean food, sustainably grown, and presented in a sustainable way." 

Ultimately, Young states: "Fuel is half of it, and food is the other half."

When Power asks Young if that means he's no longer touring, Young replies, "Unless the venues are clean, and that they work that way, I won't be there."

"I've seen too much," he continues, "I can't do it. I believe in what I believe, and it's grounded in science. I know what's going on in the planet, what caused it, what we're continuing to do, and I cannot support buildings, organizations and companies that will not change that. If they change it, then I can consider going."

Just comeeee to sweeedeeeeen!
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    Why couldn’t he do a long residency and we’ll come to him? I’ve only ever seen him solo and would love to see him with a band. I missed him with POTR in 2016 because I was in Raleigh to see PJ🤬
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    saw him at Bridge school a few times, Carnegie Hall show and at Global Citizens with Crazy Horse

goosebumps each time, Carnegie the best
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    CROJAM95 said:
    on Howard this morning

great interview....Stern is hitting it out of the park. First Tarantino and then Young
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    on Howard this morning

great interview....Stern is hitting it out of the park. First Tarantino and then Young
    Bruce & Vedder too.......who woulda thought, I guess these dudes feel comfortable, no more butt bongo fiesta :)
  • Options
    The Apple music interview with Neil and Rick is great. Neil seems to be in a great mood
  • Options
    I’ve listened to World Record a couple of times now and I have to say it’s pretty good so far. I was sceptical at first when Neil said he wrote all of the melodies by whistling when he walked, but it worked!

Early highlights for me are Chevrolet, Overhead, and The World (Is In Trouble Now) 

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Today (November 18) also marks 50 years since Danny Whitten passed away. I wonder if Neil realised that when the release date was confirmed.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    I’ve listened to World Record a couple of times now and I have to say it’s pretty good so far. I was sceptical at first when Neil said he wrote all of the melodies by whistling when he walked, but it worked!

Early highlights for me are Chevrolet, Overhead, and The World (Is In Trouble Now) 
    He said he did the same for Barn. So Im guesisng that has happened trhough the years. Hehe.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251

Haven't listened to the whole record yet but man, Chevrolet is classic Neil/Horse. Would fit really well on Psychedelic Pill. Great stuff.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Never got to see Neil so as a Canadian and rock fan, this sucks! Understandable, but still.