goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    In another update today, the Bridge School concerts are going to be available to rent on NYA.
    The $9.99 rental fee will be donated the Bridge School

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    Yeah, especially if it ends up being a 12” of exclusive tracks. 

I assume the concert priority is sort of a fan club ticket perk? Or are they listening to what shows to put up on the NyA? 
  • Options
    It’s it’s full Day, I look forward to some audio rips. So many great sets over the years. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    goldrush said:

Thanks for that Info.

Not sure what I'll do.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    I’m sticking with the “Classic” for now. I’ll be stuffing enough money into Neil’s pocket this next year trying to keep up with new releases.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    the fidelity and performance are both incredible. Can't wait until it's released. thanks for sharing. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    Wow, that gives me shivers. Maybe he was right about it surpassing Massey Hall, which would be quite some achievement
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    So. Is that song about heroin? I never thought of that til now. The 10000th time I heard it. I shot my lady(heroin) by the river.  I don't know....
  • Options
    I got a response from Frank confirming which records are in the next ORS boxes:

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    goldrush said:

That’s some good news there. Also pretty cool that you got a response.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    what about Eldorado?
  • Options
    mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    goldrush said:

Forgive me if I'm a complete moron, but was there an ORS Box Set #4?  I'm seeing no evidence online of one.  It looks like it would also contain (but probably not include) the Geffen years.  Maybe that's why?
  • Options
    mbowers said:
    goldrush said:

Forgive me if I'm a complete moron, but was there an ORS Box Set #4?  I'm seeing no evidence online of one.  It looks like it would also contain (but probably not include) the Geffen years.  Maybe that's why?
    Box 4 - Hawks & Doves, Re-ac-tor, This Note’s For You, Eldorado - should hopefully be coming out in May (although a date hasn't been mentioned recently on NYA).
    The Eldorado reissue currently has a May 28 release date so fingers crossed the box is coming too. 

They had to skip the Geffen years, so there’s a jump from Re-ac-tor to TNFY in Box 4. 

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Air23 said:
    what about Eldorado?
    Scheduled for Box 4 with Hawks & Doves, Re-ac-tor, and This Note’s For You

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    goldrush said:
    mbowers said:
    goldrush said:

Box 4 - Hawks & Doves, Re-ac-tor, This Note’s For You, Eldorado - should hopefully be coming out in May (although a date hasn't been mentioned recently on NYA).
    The Eldorado reissue currently has a May 28 release date so fingers crossed the box is coming too. 

They had to skip the Geffen years, so there’s a jump from Re-ac-tor to TNFY in Box 4. 
    Awesome, thank you!
  • Options
    5 is June 
    6 is August 
    7 is November

correct?

*subject to change and Neils whims
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    5 is June 
    6 is August 
    7 is November

correct?

This guy is gonna leave me penniless with all these releases! Weld and Year of the Horse on Vinyl! And the expanded Ragged Glory...
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    5 is June 
    6 is August 
    7 is November

correct?

I think it's...

4 in May (hopefully)
    5 on August 6
    6 on November 26
    7 "tentatively scheduled for summer of 2022"

but it's hard to keep up...

...and he's bound to change it!

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Ah, that’s right. Forgot 4. Thanks. I thought I had Mirrorball coming out in Nov in my head. Skipping 4 tripped me up.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Wait, these are vinyl releases?  Unplugged is coming to vinyl?
  • Options
    Yes. 

But they also get limited CD pressings as well. Well, as box sets. 
  • Options
    Yes. 

But they also get limited CD pressings as well. Well, as box sets. 
    I'll be interested in hearing it.  I think Harvest Moon is the worst NY pressing I have.  It definitely sounds digital and squished.  Unplugged is obviously the same period of time; however, I think MTV did a great job with their recordings.  AIC, Nirvana, PJ, Clapton, all sound really good.  So I'm hopeful.  And a Mirror Ball in the same set is pretty friggin' awesome.  
  • Options
    Really? I have the RSD pressing of HM as well as an original German pressing and I think they sound pretty great. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Really? I have the RSD pressing of HM as well as an original German pressing and I think they sound pretty great. 
    I only have the RSD one, and it just doesn't hit like the 70's stuff that you know came from the master tapes.  I'll take another listen tonight. I only listened a few times when I got it and wasn't thrilled.  

Edit - according to discogs, it was sourced from 44/16 files.  That's CD quality and far below where many digital pressings are sourced.  I think you can hear the difference personally.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
     Don't know how I missed the Box set news. I read the letters this past weekend. Also saw Weld is getting a BR/DVD release when Box 5 drops.

I really don't know why WB isn't making a bigger to do about this year for Neil. Surprised they aren't doing a massive archives advertising/media push given whats planned for the year. Tom Petty re-issued 1 classic album last year and it felt like a moment. Neil is reissuing Archives from the second half of his first great decade, all the albums from his other great decade of music in addition to some classic live albums and I feel like its just landing with dudes who post at the Steve Hoffman Forums.

• Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    mrussel1 said:
    I only have the RSD one, and it just doesn't hit like the 70's stuff that you know came from the master tapes.  I'll take another listen tonight. I only listened a few times when I got it and wasn't thrilled.  

Edit - according to discogs, it was sourced from 44/16 files.  That's CD quality and far below where many digital pressings are sourced.  I think you can hear the difference personally.  
    Yeah I remember when the vinyl came out the comments were that it was only recorded and available 44/16 so the vinyl was cut from that. I also think that Unknown Legend had some nonfill/distortion issues if I remember correctly. So I agree with whoever above said that it is his worst sounding vinyl. I'd put Tuscaloosa right behind it, which is a shame because I LOVE the performance.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Does anyone have an interpretation of what down by the river is about? Something dawned on me when I heard it and just wondering what you ny experts think.