This is why snakes are the work of the devil

13»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    no comment on my poster?? C'mon man!!! that's funny shit! jeez... :lol::lol:

must everything be so serious?? :roll:
    i love it. yes that is me. :mrgreen:

a tip for home security... keep rattlers or any sorta python or boa. you will instantly have 9/10 less friends bugging the fuck out of you at home. also, store your diamonds and marijuana in their enclosure. not one swingin john will snag your grass or jewels....ever.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    you've been saying that since last december :fp:

Like I've said before it's the money time of the year for me. It's hard to just walk away from that. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    in the southwest those assholes who partake in the rattlesnake round ups; may they each die of bone cancer...slowly

Now wishing bone cancer on someone and hoping they die slowly isn't the answer either is it? If rounding up rattlensnakes helps keep them out of public parks, houeseholds, away from children and pets helps, I'm all for it. Again no disrespect that you enjoy and admire snakes but they are an unpredicatble and dangerous animal.
    assholes travel 700 miles into the deepest desert regions and spray gas into snake dens so snakes crawl out then they are bagged and killed at the festival.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    Do you not eat meat SVRDhand? I'm actually curious. You a vegetarian? I eat meat, and there are certain animals that I would get upset over people killing them, but that's kind of hypocritical of me I think. I don't mind some animals getting killed because they taste good. Not saying I'm going to stop eating meat (it's too damn good) but everybody has their own line on what is acceptable and what isn't. And if the claim for this video is true, that they killed the snake after it slithered into a camp for children, then I think it's acceptable. Maybe the YouTube video isn't the best idea, but some people find it strange/interesting. While I would hate to see a video of a severed dog head trying to bite somebody, it would be strange. I would say a majority of people have a natural/instinctual fear of snakes, so a dead snake doesn't bother them as much as some others. But on the other hand there are people out there who find the sight of a hamburger disturbing, people are always going to get offended, and people have different feelings and boundaries on these types of things.

I eat meat, but I've been cutting back for health reasons. I actually feel terrible for the animals stored in crates their entire lives and killed for us to eat, but I just hope that it is done as humanely as possible.

My problem with that video is that I actually love reptiles. I have a snake of my own (please nobody just quote this sentence :lol:). I think the snake deserved to die if it was necessary to save someone from harm. But I just can't stand that people are so willing to accept a reptile's death when they wouldn't do so for many other living creatures.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    81 wrote:
    no comment on my poster?? C'mon man!!! that's funny shit! jeez... :lol::lol:

must everything be so serious?? :roll:

just saw it...

good job :lol::lol:

:)

wasn't a dig at you Chad...just didn't know you knew so much about Ophiology.
    been into, messing with and studying herpetology since i was a child. i am nowhere near as crazy as my dad and uncle jim. those two picked up rattlesnakes with their bare hands.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    chadwick wrote:
    They don't pursue people. They just want to be left alone.

I'll never forget being a kid (probably 12-13) on a camping trip on Lake Bridgeport and a friend and I were rowing around on the lake in a canoe. We were about 50 feet from the shore and we saw this water moccasin drop down from a tree and head our way. We had to beat the thing away with our oars. The damn thing saw us rowing by (not bothering it as we didn't see it until it dropped out of the tree and came after us) and just fucking took off after us for the hell of it. It was nuts, and wasn't simply "minding its own business" or whatever. It was in full-on predator mode, and definitely pursuing us.
    most ppl believe that any snake in water is a water moccasin. it is a fact that most times it is not a water moccasin. what state was this?

also for your information. water moccasins are not deadly. sure maybe if you are 1 year old or 400 years old you may die. a healthy adult will not even come close to death.

This was in Texas. I only say it was a water moccasin because that's what my friend told me it was. I don't know if he was right, but I just took his word for it. He usually knew his stuff when it came to snakes, spiders, and various other critters. Regardless of whether their bite is fatal (though my reading says it CAN be, or at very least destroy tissue) the point was that this was a snake that wasn't simply minding its own business. This snake was an asshole.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"