DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    oh my god that was hilarious
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

I didn't find it funny. Just odd and a little scary.
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    Uhm. Ewwwwww!
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
    DS1119 wrote:

I didn't find it funny. Just odd and a little scary.

the reaction made me laugh otherwise well, the snake didn't really bother me
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    that is the dumbest and cruelest video ever

why share this?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    how was it hilarious?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

why share this?

I didn't think it was dumb or cruel just sharing.
    DS1119 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

why share this?

i enjoy snakes a great deal. whoever cut that snakes head off hopefully gets run over by a large rusty broken down truck filled with cement and rattle snake poison. killing snakes hurts me a lot. again, people are useless, ruthless and dumb as fuck.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

why share this?

i enjoy snakes a great deal. whoever cut that snakes head off hopefully gets run over by a large rusty broken down truck filled with cement and rattle snake poison. killing snakes hurts me a lot. again, people are useless, ruthless and dumb as fuck.

Sorry it offended you. Wasn't my intent.
    DS1119 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Sorry it offended you. Wasn't my intent.
    literally ruined my afternoon but that's ok

you don't think its dumb or cruel to cut a snake into pieces?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    literally ruined my afternoon but that's ok

Well in the video no where does it show the snake being cut up. Could have been run over for all we know.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    chadwick wrote:

According to the description they "had" to kill it. Could be the snake came at them in an aggressive manner. Who knows. As far as I know beheading is how you kill a snake, you can't just chop it in half, it keeps coming. You can't step on it. Guess you could bash his head in, but I'm sure you wouldn't like that better. Whatever the best method, it would appear (according to them) they didn't kill it for the sake of putting its head on YouTube, but when the head kept going (which is strange and kind of interesting) they filmed it.

Besides, it looks fake to me, and several comments there say the same thing. Just pretend it's fake and your day isn't ruined.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    chadwick wrote:
    how was it hilarious?
    the reaction to the snake made me laugh, especially when it was slowed down - idk i find stupid things like that funny. not the snake being beheaded (as unreal as it seemed to me, but what do i know?) - the REACTION- i guess i should have made that clearer
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I don't know that the video is fake. I've been told by family members who hunt that reflexes will cause a rattler's jaws to contract even after death and that you have to be careful after you've killed one. But ideally, you just stay out of the rattler's way. They don't pursue people. They just want to be left alone.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm glad now I chose to pass on watching it :lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I have seen this happen to rattlesnakes. A friend of mine found one on the road that had been mangled/run over. He cut its head off to put it out of misery, and the head writhed around a bit. I think it has to do with their nervous system still firing or something.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I have seen this happen to rattlesnakes. A friend of mine found one on the road that had been mangled/run over. He cut its head off to put it out of misery, and the head writhed around a bit. I think it has to do with their nervous system still firing or something.

That is correct, that is how it's nevous system is wired even though it's body is gone. What happen to it's body? I do not like snakes but I do respect their place on this planet and I just make sure to give them their space living out here near the everglades where we have many pythons.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

That is correct, that is how it's nevous system is wired even though it's body is gone. What happen to it's body? I do not like snakes but I do respect their place on this planet and I just make sure to give them their space living out here near the everglades where we have many pythons.

Peace
    jonny pistachio and g under p you two aren't even a scientist and you know this stuff. you'd think others would know this as well. hell, i knew this kinda shit at age 7 or 4.

same principal as when the chicken loses its head to the axe.

and people killing snakes drives me fucking nuts. we can't prove those idiots killed the snake but they sure as hell think its cool and cool enough to film it for youtube

stupid little bastards

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Crazy
    Crazy
    as well as cruel and disturbing, small-minded and useless

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    btw, whomever cut that snake's head off is the devil. snakes are not the work of the devil.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    chadwick wrote:
    Crazy
    as well as cruel and disturbing, small-minded and useless

Understandable, you've made your point here several times... Not just in this thread but others too.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    chadwick wrote:
    btw, whomever cut that snake's head off is the devil. snakes are not the work of the devil.

I love snakes too...you almost have to if you grow up in florida. I found many snakes as a kid. I'd put them in a tank with sticks, rocks, and a few bugs and hope they'd eat. Then I felt bad and I'd carry them deep into the woods and let them go.

we mostly had black racers, grass snakes, and these little ring-necked fellas...but on two occasions, we found some dangerous ones -- a coral snake, which my dad picked up with a shovel and flinged it into the woods...I could not understand a t my young age why such a cool looking snake was so dangerous. Then we saw a rattlesnake and the ding dang neighbors called the police and they shot the damned thing dead. that pissed me off quite a bit. How about re-locating the guy, he just wants to shake his tail like a tambourine and eat a mouse...geesh. Snakes are cool.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    snakes are not the work of the devil.

yes they are
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    omg! This might be my favorite YouTube comment:

dam nature you scary

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am crying over here. omg!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    snakes are not the work of the devil.

yes they are

Nooooooooooooooo.. Snakes are cool.
    that video was funny to me.

A few weeks ago, one of my cats tried to catch a lizard and ended up with 2 pieces of its tail. Those things wiggled around for about 10 minutes!!! It was great entertainment for my cats!! :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    How about re-locating the guy, he just wants to shake his tail like a tambourine and eat a mouse...geesh. Snakes are cool.

Relocation is probably the best idea, but not everybody is a snake handler. And while your dad had the right idea flinging the snake away with a shovel, that is also the type of behavior a snake would find threatening and could likely wind up getting somebody bitten. Most people don't want to risk their lives to give mother nature a hand. Both my brother and a friend of mine were bitten by rattlesnakes while minding their own business. So it's not always people screwing with them that gets them bit. I'm sure the snake felt threatened, but there was no intent. My friend was bitten while we were walking through an empty lot when we were kids. We were walking down a trail made by the kids with our bicycles, and the thing flew out and bit him on the calf. My brother was just walking into his house and it was apparently chilling out behind a flower pot on the porch, he heard the rattle and by the time he looked down it was already biting him. Luckily both of them received medical attention and were fine, but it was still an ordeal.

The problem with a rattlesnake (or any poisonous snake) is that it doesn't take much for them to feel threatened, there is no reasoning with them, and unfortunately they don't know any better. Coming in close proximity to them is enough to make them feel they need to strike for their own safety. If there were a human being who stabbed other people every time somebody invaded their "bubble" they'd be dealt with as well. And ideally everybody on Earth would know how to handle a snake properly and not have to kill them when they enter their home, property, or whatever. But I also don't blame people for simply killing them rather than taking the risk of getting pumped full of hemotoxin.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    If this video was of a dolphin, puppy, or other "cute" animal everyone would be up in arms. But since its a snake no one cares :roll:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    If this video was of a dolphin, puppy, or other "cute" animal everyone would be up in arms. But since its a snake no one cares :roll:.

Because I've never heard of anybody being bitten or dying from a venomous dolphin or puppy. :roll:
    As someone who is moving to an area with snakes I'm consumed with it actually. I'm so consumed with it I question myself quite a bit about it. :?

I don't support killing anything just for the sake of killing it but I will tell you if I come across a snake and it's me or him...I'm taking the thing out whether by machete, gun, however. Again, I do apoligize if the video offended anyone, I just thought it was a weird and amazing thing to see and a bit scarey.