This is why snakes are the work of the devil

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    If this video was of a dolphin, puppy, or other "cute" animal everyone would be up in arms. But since its a snake no one cares :roll:.

Because I've never heard of anybody being bitten or dying from a venomous dolphin or puppy. :roll:

Ever hear of a dog killing anyone? Whale? Elephant? Lion? Bear? Insert those animals into my original comment.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    DS1119 wrote:
    As someone who is moving to an area with snakes I'm consumed with it actually. I'm so consumed with it I question myself quite a bit about it. :?

I don't support killing anything just for the sake of killing it but I will tell you if I come across a snake and it's me or him...I'm taking the thing out whether by machete, gun, however. Again, I do apoligize if the video offended anyone, I just thought it was a weird and amazing thing to see and a bit scarey.

I know sometimes it's necessary, but there are some heartless people who give no respect to reptiles, and I'm not sure why.
    severed hand thirteen
    They don't pursue people. They just want to be left alone.

:thumbup:
    severed hand thirteen
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

I'll never forget being a kid (probably 12-13) on a camping trip on Lake Bridgeport and a friend and I were rowing around on the lake in a canoe. We were about 50 feet from the shore and we saw this water moccasin drop down from a tree and head our way. We had to beat the thing away with our oars. The damn thing saw us rowing by (not bothering it as we didn't see it until it dropped out of the tree and came after us) and just fucking took off after us for the hell of it. It was nuts, and wasn't simply "minding its own business" or whatever. It was in full-on predator mode, and definitely pursuing us.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    If this video was of a dolphin, puppy, or other "cute" animal everyone would be up in arms. But since its a snake no one cares :roll:.

Because I've never heard of anybody being bitten or dying from a venomous dolphin or puppy. :roll:

Ever hear of a dog killing anyone? Whale? Elephant? Lion? Bear? Insert those animals into my original comment.

don't forget the swans
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    don't forget the swans

:lol:
  • PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Regardless of whether it's a traditionally "cute" animal or a venomous snake --- If it's a case of kill or be killed, of survival - then my concern will always be about the human in the situation. I wouldn't be "up in arms" if it was a puppy that was in that video - as long as there was a justifiable reason for it - like there was with this snake (from what I've read).

Killing an animal for no reason is sick, it's disgusting - I don't condone it. But I'm not going to judge someone for beheading a snake - if the snake was about to bite them and could kill them. Survival is a natural instinct - same goes for a puppy, dolphin, a snake, a human.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    don't forget the swans

Thanks for your ridiculous but fitting example :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    don't forget the swans

Thanks for your ridiculous but fitting example :lol:

don't kid yourself....they'll drown your ass if given the chance

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=187396
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=187396

Haha I know. I saw a video of a sheep attacking a farmer yesterday. Snakes are not the only evil ones!!! :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    81 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=187396

Haha I know. I saw a video of a sheep attacking a farmer yesterday. Snakes are not the only evil ones!!! :lol:

my grandpa had sheep on his farm

one time my brother decided it would be fun to box one. he boxed it a few times on the head...

sheep said....go sit down and head butted him.

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    snakes are not the work of the devil.

yes they are
    Actually spiders are
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    snakes are not the work of the devil.

yes they are
    Actually spiders are

nope....

snakes

anything that slithers is evil. fact
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Do you not eat meat SVRDhand? I'm actually curious. You a vegetarian? I eat meat, and there are certain animals that I would get upset over people killing them, but that's kind of hypocritical of me I think. I don't mind some animals getting killed because they taste good. Not saying I'm going to stop eating meat (it's too damn good) but everybody has their own line on what is acceptable and what isn't. And if the claim for this video is true, that they killed the snake after it slithered into a camp for children, then I think it's acceptable. Maybe the YouTube video isn't the best idea, but some people find it strange/interesting. While I would hate to see a video of a severed dog head trying to bite somebody, it would be strange. I would say a majority of people have a natural/instinctual fear of snakes, so a dead snake doesn't bother them as much as some others. But on the other hand there are people out there who find the sight of a hamburger disturbing, people are always going to get offended, and people have different feelings and boundaries on these types of things.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

I'll never forget being a kid (probably 12-13) on a camping trip on Lake Bridgeport and a friend and I were rowing around on the lake in a canoe. We were about 50 feet from the shore and we saw this water moccasin drop down from a tree and head our way. We had to beat the thing away with our oars. The damn thing saw us rowing by (not bothering it as we didn't see it until it dropped out of the tree and came after us) and just fucking took off after us for the hell of it. It was nuts, and wasn't simply "minding its own business" or whatever. It was in full-on predator mode, and definitely pursuing us.
    most ppl believe that any snake in water is a water moccasin. it is a fact that most times it is not a water moccasin. what state was this?

also for your information. water moccasins are not deadly. sure maybe if you are 1 year old or 400 years old you may die. a healthy adult will not even come close to death.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Oh my goodness!! such an up roar! LOL

Look it, I COMPLETELY understand Chadwicks point. to chop the head off and the film it in its last moments of life for the enjoyment of YouTube viewers is disrespectful to the animal.

IF indeed the snake felt threatened and was attacking then sure do what you need to do which includes killing (as much as I would hate to do so) HOWEVER..to then film it and post it...totally not necessary. :nono:

On the other hand from what I could see it looked like a pretty open area there. I have seen snake handlers all the time on TV...just slowly walk away and then when far enough run like hell!! :lol::lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    I love snakes too...you almost have to if you grow up in florida. I found many snakes as a kid. I'd put them in a tank with sticks, rocks, and a few bugs and hope they'd eat. Then I felt bad and I'd carry them deep into the woods and let them go.

we mostly had black racers, grass snakes, and these little ring-necked fellas...but on two occasions, we found some dangerous ones -- a coral snake, which my dad picked up with a shovel and flinged it into the woods...I could not understand a t my young age why such a cool looking snake was so dangerous. Then we saw a rattlesnake and the ding dang neighbors called the police and they shot the damned thing dead. that pissed me off quite a bit. How about re-locating the guy, he just wants to shake his tail like a tambourine and eat a mouse...geesh. Snakes are cool.
    maybe you're my new buddy nowdays :)

coral snakes: tiny mouths. their fangs are located in the back of their mouths. a coral snake has such a small mouth and w/ fangs in the rear of mouth it is almost impossible for a coral snake to bite a human. they have the neurotoxin poison like the cobra and other snakes that are not vipers. vipers have hemotoxin; rattlesnakes, gaboon vipers, and african bush vipers. currently i am trying to figure out what kinda poison the taipan snake of Australia has. taipans are the most poisonous snakes on earth besides the sea snake.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 wrote:
    nope....

snakes

i used to enjoy your posts. i used to like you, sir 81. these kinds of statements from you are having me place you in the dog house.
    i am giving myself a 24 hour ban from even looking at your comments. :evil:

goodnight, sir.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    DS1119 wrote:
    As someone who is moving to an area with snakes I'm consumed with it actually. I'm so consumed with it I question myself quite a bit about it. :?

I don't support killing anything just for the sake of killing it but I will tell you if I come across a snake and it's me or him...I'm taking the thing out whether by machete, gun, however. Again, I do apoligize if the video offended anyone, I just thought it was a weird and amazing thing to see and a bit scarey.
    where you moving to?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nope....

snakes

i used to enjoy your posts. i used to like you, sir 81. these kinds of statements from you are having me place you in the dog house.
    i am giving myself a 24 hour ban from even looking at your comments. :evil:

goodnight, sir.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ry%3D400
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    chadwick wrote:
    I love snakes too...you almost have to if you grow up in florida. I found many snakes as a kid. I'd put them in a tank with sticks, rocks, and a few bugs and hope they'd eat. Then I felt bad and I'd carry them deep into the woods and let them go.

we mostly had black racers, grass snakes, and these little ring-necked fellas...but on two occasions, we found some dangerous ones -- a coral snake, which my dad picked up with a shovel and flinged it into the woods...I could not understand a t my young age why such a cool looking snake was so dangerous. Then we saw a rattlesnake and the ding dang neighbors called the police and they shot the damned thing dead. that pissed me off quite a bit. How about re-locating the guy, he just wants to shake his tail like a tambourine and eat a mouse...geesh. Snakes are cool.
    maybe you're my new buddy nowdays :)

coral snakes: tiny mouths. their fangs are located in the back of their mouths. a coral snake has such a small mouth and w/ fangs in the rear of mouth it is almost impossible for a coral snake to bite a human. they have the neurotoxin poison like the cobra and other snakes that are not vipers. vipers have hemotoxin; rattlesnakes, gaboon vipers, and african bush vipers. currently i am trying to figure out what kinda poison the taipan snake of Australia has. taipans are the most poisonous snakes on earth besides the sea snake.

Yeah buddy..I didnt know about those taipans. I'll look those suckers up. I did hear that the sea snakes pack quite a punch. The ocean is full of crazy weird little fellas that can kill with a tiny prick. And I didnt know about the different in venoms/toxins...cool, its like discovery channel right her in PJ land. :)

The particular coral snake we found was quite small, and pops had to look it up even to confirm that it was indeed a coral snake and not a king snake. The king snake I believe has a similar color pattern but has a red face instead of a black face...looks similar though I suppose.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    and i am still trying to figure out the exact purpose of sharing this video w/ us

and i am try very hard to understand the lidel dicks that murdered the snake, created the video, and shared it w/ the world on youtube. someone should slap the fuck out of those bastards. wish i was their dad. it'd be on like donkey kong.

killing snakes is extremely stupid, cruel and will always piss me the fuck off. i have messed w/ snakes and other retiles and amphibians my entire life. snakes just wanna be left alone.

in the southwest those assholes who partake in the rattlesnake round ups; may they each die of bone cancer...slowly

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    no comment on my poster?? C'mon man!!! that's funny shit! jeez... :lol::lol:

must everything be so serious?? :roll:

just saw it...

good job :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

where you moving to?

Phoenix.
    Yeah buddy..I didnt know about those taipans. I'll look those suckers up. I did hear that the sea snakes pack quite a punch. The ocean is full of crazy weird little fellas that can kill with a tiny prick. And I didnt know about the different in venoms/toxins...cool, its like discovery channel right her in PJ land. :)

The particular coral snake we found was quite small, and pops had to look it up even to confirm that it was indeed a coral snake and not a king snake. The king snake I believe has a similar color pattern but has a red face instead of a black face...looks similar though I suppose.

Red touches yellow, dangerous fellow. Red touches black, friend to Jack
    Red touching black is a friend of Jack, Red touching yellow can kill a fellow

king snake & coral snake (you know this stuff but others may not)
    king...not poisonous
    coral...poisonous

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited May 2012
    81 wrote:

just saw it...

good job :lol::lol:

:)

wasn't a dig at you Chad...just didn't know you knew so much about Ophiology.
    DS1119 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

where you moving to?

Phoenix.

you've been saying that since last december :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    in the southwest those assholes who partake in the rattlesnake round ups; may they each die of bone cancer...slowly

Now wishing bone cancer on someone and hoping they die slowly isn't the answer either is it? If rounding up rattlensnakes helps keep them out of public parks, houeseholds, away from children and pets helps, I'm all for it. Again no disrespect that you enjoy and admire snakes but they are an unpredicatble and dangerous animal.