The Killers

1235»

Comments

  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TXPosts: 4,297
    ^ dude good review, thank you for saving me the $20+!  I almost pre-ordered it before I realized I hadn't listened to a new album of theirs well... ever.  Too bad honestly because like you I really want to like their new stuff.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 10,975
    PJ_Soul said:


    Then there is "Life to Come"...  Rather cheezy. Makes me feel a bit like I do when I hear Sirens, lol, but not as bad. 

    :lol:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZPosts: 236
    Well, I guess "to each their own" 'cause I really like the new album. Is WW as good as HF or ST? No. Is it a bad album? Not even remotely. I think "Run for Cover" is one of the best song they've ever written.
    Kansas City 7/03/98
    St. Louis 10/11/00
    Kansas City 10/12/00
    St. Louis 4/22/03
    Kansas City 6/12/03
    St. Louis 10/5/04
    Kansas City 5/3/10
    Phoenix (EV) 11/4/12
    Phoenix 11/19/13
    Wrigley 1 8/20/16
    Seattle 1 8/8/18
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 12,827
    Saw them last night.  These guys put on an awesome show....so many hits.  
    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 44,180
    edited January 17
    Saw them last night.  These guys put on an awesome show....so many hits.  
    Yeah, they're awesome live for sure. They know how to keep a crowd into it. They're worth the ticket price IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CAPosts: 191
    PJ_Soul said:
    Saw them last night.  These guys put on an awesome show....so many hits.  
    Yeah, they're awesome live for sure. They know how to keep a crowd into it. They're worth the ticket price IMO.
    I'm turned off by the fact that two of the four band members aren't touring anymore.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 44,180
    edited January 17
    timdwilli said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Saw them last night.  These guys put on an awesome show....so many hits.  
    Yeah, they're awesome live for sure. They know how to keep a crowd into it. They're worth the ticket price IMO.
    I'm turned off by the fact that two of the four band members aren't touring anymore.
    But the two who are important are still there. Honestly, I've seen them 4 times, and I have literally no specific memories of the guys who aren't there anymore and wouldn't miss them. But Brendan and Ronnie are super duper memorable. Now if Ronnie goes, that would be a big problem. He's their heart and soul IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CAPosts: 191
    PJ_Soul said:
    timdwilli said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Saw them last night.  These guys put on an awesome show....so many hits.  
    Yeah, they're awesome live for sure. They know how to keep a crowd into it. They're worth the ticket price IMO.
    I'm turned off by the fact that two of the four band members aren't touring anymore.
    But the two who are important are still there. Honestly, I've seen them 4 times, and I have literally no specific memories of the guys who aren't there anymore and wouldn't miss them. But Brendan and Ronnie are super duper memorable. Now if Ronnie goes, that would be a big problem. He's their heart and soul IMO.
    I will concede that Ronnie is the man. I saw Big Talk the last time he took them on the road and it was awesome.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 29,475
    I didn't go to the show in philly a few days ago but they brought some fan onstage to play drums for Reason Unknown



    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 12,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    timdwilli said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Saw them last night.  These guys put on an awesome show....so many hits.  
    Yeah, they're awesome live for sure. They know how to keep a crowd into it. They're worth the ticket price IMO.
    I'm turned off by the fact that two of the four band members aren't touring anymore.
    But the two who are important are still there. Honestly, I've seen them 4 times, and I have literally no specific memories of the guys who aren't there anymore and wouldn't miss them. But Brendan and Ronnie are super duper memorable. Now if Ronnie goes, that would be a big problem. He's their heart and soul IMO.
    Yep.  Besides Brandon obviously, Ronnie is the only other guy who really stood out.  I've listened to Sam's Town a few times since the show on Tuesday night....such a great album.
    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CAPosts: 191

    Looks like Dave's gonna give the solo thing a go
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 44,180
    timdwilli said:

    Looks like Dave's gonna give the solo thing a go
    Huh. I guess that's probably why he didn't join the last album tour? Or did he give another reason for that? 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CAPosts: 191
    PJ_Soul said:
    timdwilli said:

    Looks like Dave's gonna give the solo thing a go
    Huh. I guess that's probably why he didn't join the last album tour? Or did he give another reason for that? 
    I'm guessing he and Brandon have some issues, but just speculation on that
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 44,180
    timdwilli said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    timdwilli said:

    Looks like Dave's gonna give the solo thing a go
    Huh. I guess that's probably why he didn't join the last album tour? Or did he give another reason for that? 
    I'm guessing he and Brandon have some issues, but just speculation on that
    I would have thought he'd just leave the band if that was the case. It wouldn't be usual for him to just not join a tour but specifically say that he remains a member of the band if he and the lead singer were having such big issues they can't even tour for their new album together .... I mean geez, I hope a band with their status would know that if you reach that point, you're past the point of no return. It's not like they're going to go to couple's counseling and work shit out, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.