Famous people that went to your high school

124»

Comments

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Too bad that my first cousin Rebecca isn't a 10C member. She graduated from Roosevelt HS in Seattle...alma mater of none other than Mike McCready.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I went to an all girls school so a lot of professional dancers/model/actresses that are making a good living but not "famous".
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    edited January 2020
    I'm bored, looked up my high school on wiki and was kinda surprised that were a good number of people (although our rival school has/had the better ones :lol: )

Henderson High School (West Chester, PA):
    Samuel Barber (composer)
    Kerr Smith (actor) graduated with his sister
    Nick Berg (murdered hostage) he lived on the same street that one of my old best friends lived
    John Matlack (former pitcher for the Texas Rangers)
    Linda and Terry Jamison ("The Psychic Twins") i never heard of them, but they are kinda cute ;)
    Lindsey Broad (actress) never heard of her, but she's been in 21 Jump Street movie, Get Him To The Greek and the Office
    Bruce Larkin (children's book author)

East High School (our rivals):
    Matt Schaub (QB for the Houston Texans :thumbup: )
    Bam Margera (skateboarder/Jackass/cKy)
    Jess Margera (drummer for cKy)
    Brandon DiCamillo, Raab himself, Rake Yohn (rest of cky/jackass crew)
    Kyle Garner (actor) never heard of him but been on Veronica Mars, CSI: NY and tons more

bored so i'll do an update and add to Henderson

Nick Bockrath (guitarist for Cage the Elephant)
    Aquaria (Winner of RuPaul's Drag Race season 10)
    Chas McCormick (outfield prospect for the Astros. He was actually in our store earlier this week, but had no idea who he was.
    Bayard Rustin (civil rights activist)
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Bringing one up from the way back. Fun to read.

My school is pretty lame. It has over doubled in size in the 18 years since I graduated. The only person I know that had any sort of famous success is John (Johnzo) West. He is a singer and guitar player.

He went on and performed with several bands/musicians including Dickey Betts (of the Allman Brothers), Buddy Guy, The Animals, Patti Smith, Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus. Currently, he has his own band and is also the lead guitarist for Eric Burden and the Animals.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Andrew Luck & Clint Black
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Don't think any famous people went to my high school.
    But my dad's high school in Brooklyn produced a lot of famous people.
    He went to school with RBG
    And later on there Was Larry David and Chuck Schumer among others.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2020

My hometown, Tallmadge, OH, has a few. My high school? Nothing. 

My husband graduated from Kenston High School in Bainbridge, OH. I think Scott was a grade or so above him. M graduated with his brother, if memory serves. 

My kiddo is open enrolled to a high school out-of-district and in the upper end of our county. These are some folks who graduated from there. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Was talking to my mom the other day and she mentioned something pretty cool. She went to Upper Darby High School outside of philly and Jim Croce was in her homeroom in 11th grade (which I'm guessing was late 50's/early 60's). Just thought that was cool.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    Interesting thread I looked up my school online. Wootton HS in Rockville, MD. 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    edited October 2023
    Students:
    Donny Baldwin, drummer for Starship was in my graduating class, 1969.    I knew him as "Don" and he and I were in the same metal shop class for a couple of semesters (you know, lol, like fabricating things out of metal, not the music- as far as I can remember, "Metal" was not a musical term back in those days, ).  Don was a kick!  He was the funniest guy in the class and was always cool with me. He got in trouble a bunch of time with our teacher Mr. Smart who would make Don sit against the wall with no chair under him.  Baldwin, being a drummer, had the legs to tough it out.  He frustrated Mr. Smart because he was a troublemaker, but Smart also like him.  Hell, we all did!   I still have three of Don's band cards from his high school rock band, The Good Wurd.  Great guy.
    Greg Rolie, keyboardist for Santana, class of '65
    Michio Kaku, class of '64.  Famed physicist and author.

Teachers:
    Ron Jones:  Teacher, author and creator of The Third Wave social experiment.  I never had a class with Mr. Jones, but my girlfriend did and get got permission from Jones to sit in on his class a few times.  A fascinating and creative individual!
    George Hurley:  NFL offensive lineman in the 1930s for the Boston Braves/Redshins, later became h.s. football coach, wood shop instructor, and drive education teacher.  Mr. Hurley was cool.  Really nice guy.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    San Dimas High School

Bill S. Preson, Esq.
    Ted "Theodore" Logan
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Excellent^
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Independence High School San Jose, CA.

Notable alumni

Neil Kaplan, Voice actor[11]

Alana Evans, Adult film actress[citation needed]

Eric Guerrero, three time NCAA wrestling Champion and 2004 Olympian[12]

Khaled Hosseini, Author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns[13]

Sandra McCoy, Actress and dancer[citation needed]

Mekenna Melvin, Actress[14]

John Tuggle, National Football League Player, member of the 1983 New York Giants, drafted with the final pick (nicknamed Mr. Irrelevant) of the 1983 NFL Draft.[15]

Thuy Vu, Broadcast journalist and TV host[16]

Rex Walters, National Basketball Association Player[17]

Ashley Urbanski, Professional wrestler[citation needed]

Pamela Martinez, Professional wrestler

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited October 2023
    I was or am actually friends with 4 people who became famous to varying degrees, and we all went to the same high school at the same time (Seaquam Secondary). I was drama geek friends with the first 3, haha.
    Vinessa Antoine, who was a lead character in General Hospital for 4 years, and the lead in Diggstown, and a main character in Being Erica, and is now a main character in Ginny & Georgia. She was awesome actually. A lot of fun. She is, however, now lying about her age officially, LOL. She changed her birth year to make herself 7 years younger on all her official media. :lol:
    I was also friends with Cameron Melnyk, whose band State of Shock had one big hit, "Money Honey". They were nominated for a Juno as best new band because of it, in the mid-2000s. He was a cool dude... the girls dug him, lol. His GF was a close friend of mine, and we were 2 years older than him, so he was the stud of the 10th grade, LOL!
    And my oldest friend's younger brother is Kristian Ayre, who is best known for having a main role in a Nickelodeon show (Space Cases), but he was also Foom Foom the Elf in the movie Elf, and had a lot of other roles too. He quit acting quite some time ago though. He recently got married in Toronto to his now-husband Jordan. I see them both every Christmas when they come home to visit.
    And finally Tim Hecker, who has found great success for someone who does what he does. He's a well-known sound artist and composer, known for experimental ambient music and has done many soundtracks and shit. People who are into the experimental ambient scene will definitely know who he is, lol, and he has won a Juno.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Didn't know about Flynn as thats going back quite some time, but I did personally know Biggio and Petrucci.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Al Quaeda terrorist!

and JK Simmons.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Wobbie said:
    Al Quaeda terrorist!

WOW!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Kobe Bryant went to a rival school of mine. Does that count? This is like horseshoes, correct?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Did you school him on the court, juggler?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16