Options

Famous people that went to your high school

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    James Iha is the only one I can think of...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    James Iha is the only one I can think of...

He's met Cindy Crawford and that's good enough for me.

James+Iha+James+and+Cindy+Crawford.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    The "Lesson Plan" film trailer in this link shows teacher Ron Jones, some of people who attended Cubberley around the same time I did (most are a few years younger than I am) and a few shots of the high school I attended. I was not in Ron Jones class but my girl friend was and Mr. Jones allowed me sit in on his classes a few times. Director Philip Neel was a high school friend of mine.

http://www.lessonplanmovie.com/
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    My high school was a hot bed of music in the 80s

Fairfax High school in Los Angeles

Flea
    Anthony Kiedis
    Hillel Slovak
    Jack Irons
    Slash
    Steven Adler
    Allain Johannes
    Tracii Guns
    Rami Jaffee (Wallflowers, Foos)

in the 60s

phil spector
    warren Zevon

and the most recent celeb was Mila Kunnis

we have had a few nba players and actors too.
    Ha! We went to the same high school, Joe. I was friends with some of those boys up there, too ;)
  • Options
    King Phillip High School-Wrentham, MA

Liam Kyle Sullivan, American comedian and actor.[3]
    Lofa Tatupu, NFL linebacker.[4]--** Knew him, I graduated w/ his sister and my sister graduated in his class.
    Joe Johnson, former MLB pitcher
    Jeff Plympton, Former Red Sox Pitcher[5]
    Jason Chandler, singer of the rock band The Frustrators
    Bryan Donahue, bassist in the rock band Boys Like Girls
    Jaunita Algarez, rapper
    Brandy Scott, Author
    Melinda Knight, entrepeneur
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Oh, I forgot Phil Collins son, Simon went to the same school but left right before I got there. He is a musician too.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Calabasas High School. - Here's what's on wikipedia:

Jesse James Hollywood - Murderer
    Shiri Appleby - Actress
    Elizabeth Berkley - Actress
    Rob Bourdon - Drummer of Linkin Park
    Brandon Boyd - Lead Singer of Incubus
    Katie Cassidy - Actress
    Adam Cooper, Men's Head Soccer Coach St Mary's College
    Vanessa Lee Evigan - Actress
    Danielle Fishel - Actress
    Erik Menendez - of The Menendez Brothers
    Jim Rome - Sports Radio Personality
    Rick Schroder - Actor.
    Troy Slaten - Actor
    Ashley Tesoro - Actress

Rick Schroder was in my graduating class, he only went there his Senior year. And would get pissed if you called him Ricky. Jim Rome was in my oldest sisters graduating class.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    merkinball wrote:
    Rick Schroder was in my graduating class, he only went there his Senior year. And would get pissed if you called him Ricky.

I remember a MADtv skit (I think) where they poked fun at that.

"Hi Ricky."
    "IT'S RICK!!"
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I really have to stretch the definition of famous.

Greg Gross - 1974 Sporting News National League Rookie of the year. Member of the 1980 World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Swampscott High School
    Swampscott, MA

Florence Henderson (Carol Brady) - She actually mentions it in the episode about Cindy's Lisp.
    David Lee Roth
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I didn't know you could Wiki your HS and get an actual list...

Jill Bakken, Olympic gold medalist (bobsled)[2]
    Deb Caletti, author
    Craig Caskey,former MLB player (Montreal Expos)
    John Fiala, Former NFL Linebacker. Played 5 full seasons (1998–2002) for the Pittsburgh Steelers before retiring.
    Jeremy Enigk, musician
    Dann Gallucci, Guitarist for Modest Mouse and other projects
    Matt Hume, MMA fighter
    Nick Hundley, MLB Catcher for the San Diego Padres [3]
    Catherine Kraayeveld, Professional Basketball Player, WNBA
    Ken Lehman, former MLB player (Brooklyn Dodgers, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Phillies)
    Jason Mesnick, Former star of ABC's hit show The Bachelor
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan, actor
    Robin Pecknold, Lead vocalist and guitarist for the indie folk band Fleet Foxes
    Skyler Skjelset, Guitarist for the indie folk band Fleet Foxes
    Johnny Whitney, musician
    Frank Williams, former MLB player (San Francisco Giants, Cincinnati Reds, Detroit Tigers

I knew John (his mom was a sub for one of my classes), Dann (he was in my graduating class, and Jeremy (he was a class ahead of me, went to junior high with him as well, I think he went to my elementary school too, he lived down the street form me).
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    i went to a school in a small city - Elgin in the north east of scotland, and i have no famous former pupil, however the Academy had Kevin Mckidd of trainspotting fame, and now grays anatomy. thats about as close as i get, so i suppose he was about town the same time as me, may have even sat next to him in a bar for all i know :lol::lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    edited May 2012
    Melinda Gates
    Dina Powell (I wonder if she's still working for Goldman Sachs?)
    And fortunately or unfortunately, Amber Campisi. :|
    Post edited by drivingrl on
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    hedonist wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    My high school was a hot bed of music in the 80s

Fairfax High school in Los Angeles

Flea
    Anthony Kiedis
    Hillel Slovak
    Jack Irons
    Slash
    Steven Adler
    Allain Johannes
    Tracii Guns
    Rami Jaffee (Wallflowers, Foos)

in the 60s

phil spector
    warren Zevon

and the most recent celeb was Mila Kunnis

we have had a few nba players and actors too.
    Ha! We went to the same high school, Joe. I was friends with some of those boys up there, too ;)

Very cool.....it was great to be so close to Melrose in the heyday of New Wave and Punk!
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Starmount High School is not on Wikipedia. I am the most awesome and most famous to have have graced their hallways by far.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The last one is my fave :lol:

Julia Young * ( professional dancer )
    Jacob J. ("Jack") Lew ('72), President Barack Obama's chief of staff
    Your Boy for Life ('04), Hip Hop recording and performing artist, born Bekim Taci
    Paul Simon ('58) and Art Garfunkel ('58) [5], Grammy Award-winning folk-rock singers of the duo Simon & Garfunkel
    Dennis Tito ('58), first space tourist
    George Low ('43), NASA administrator & Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute president
    Philip Kantoff, MD, ('72) Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
    Bob Keeshan, portrayed Captain Kangaroo
    Tatiana Troyanos ('56), mezzo-soprano opera singer
    Jerry Springer ('61) shock television show host & Cincinnati mayor
    Ronnie Earl ('71), Blues guitarist born Ronnie Horvath
    The Ramones ('74+), punk-rock pioneers
    Burt Bacharach ('46), composer
    Francine D. Blau ('63), economist
    Art Buchwald ('43 drop-out), Pulitzer Prize winner
    Elissa Altman ('81), food journalist
    Mia Amber Davis Yard ('91), plus sized model, television producer, actress
    Frank Lorenzo[5], business magnate
    Marc Rich (non-grad), infamous commodity trader pardoned by Pres. Clinton
    Fred Silverman, television executive
    Leslie Urdang ('72), producer of Hollywood films & New York plays
    Robert Katzmann, Court of Appeals judge
    John Vinocur,[5] journalist
    Leslie West, rock guitarist
    Dave Rubinstein, singer of Reagan Youth
    Ernie Grunfeld, former NBA player & current GM of Washington Wizards
    Katharine Weber, novelist
    Reby Sky, Playboy model
    Ian Eagle, American sports announcer
    Ross Meyerson, Emmy Award-winning casting director
    Nathan Leventhal ('59) New York City Deputy Mayor and President of Lincoln Center
    Charles Kelman, Ophthalmologist, inventor, and jazz musician
    Danny Troob ('66), Tony & Academy Award-winning orchestrator & arranger on numerous Disney films & Broadway productions
    Craig Howard ('69), University of Michigan Golfer
    R. Allen Leider ('62), Author, Screenwriter, Film Critic, Actor
    Colonel William Glasser ('66) Bronze Star Medal in Operation Iraqi Freedom

In fiction:

Peter Parker (Spider-Man), went to Forest Hills High School from 1962 to 1965; see "Amazing Fantasy" #15 and "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 to #28
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    He wasn't at my high school but I was a friend of the actor Gerard Butler when he was studying to be a lawyer in Edinburgh,he was just plain old Gerry then,a complete womanising piss head who sang in a dodgy rock band. :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    stargirl69 wrote:
    He wasn't at my high school but I was a friend of the actor Gerard Butler when he was studying to be a lawyer in Edinburgh,he was just plain old Gerry then,a complete womanising piss head who sang in a dodgy rock band. :lol:
    :lol::lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    stargirl69 wrote:

:lol:

I'd still tap that. Woman, alcohol, dodgy rock band and all. :lol:
  • Options
    BandogBandog Posts: 44
    Steve Smith-Drummer for Journey
    Sax Player for Sha,Na,Na (forget his name)
    Alex Karalexis- Was on the first season of the ultimate fighter. Wrestled with him in high school, he o.k.
    Couple of NFL players and not much else.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    I went to HS with Kelly Ripa. She was in my older brother's grade. I was more friendly with her sister Linda. Swam at their house a few times. Didn't care for either of them much :lol:

Ali Gorman (health and medical reporter for the local news station) went to my school too. I don't remember her :oops:

Can't think of anyone else

Was Kelly Ripa from Berlin, NJ? If so what HS? Edgewood?(now called Winslow Twp.)
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    cutz wrote:
    I went to HS with Kelly Ripa. She was in my older brother's grade. I was more friendly with her sister Linda. Swam at their house a few times. Didn't care for either of them much :lol:

Ali Gorman (health and medical reporter for the local news station) went to my school too. I don't remember her :oops:

Was Kelly Ripa from Berlin, NJ? If so what HS? Edgewood?(now called Winslow Twp.)
    Yep - grew up in Berlin Borough. We went to Eastern Regional High School in Voorhees. I think Berlin Township went to Edgewood or Overbrook.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    cutz wrote:

Yep - grew up in Berlin Borough. We went to Eastern Regional High School in Voorhees. I think Berlin Township went to Edgewood or Overbrook.

Oh, Eastern. I can't keep up on where the Berlins go to HS> :lol: By the way; the PICTURES?> :lol:
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    cutz wrote:

Oh, Eastern. I can't keep up on where the Berlins go to HS> :lol: By the way; the PICTURES?> :lol:
    Did you grow up in the area? What HS did you go to? I'll add you to the list :lol::mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yea, went to RV(Rancocas Valley)^^^^^^^

Some that went ther:

Franco Harris(NFL)
    Irving Fyrar(NFL)
    Alonzo Spellman(NFL)
    Bryan Ward(MLB)
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Bobby Leonard who you may know as Robert Sean Leonard (Dead Poets' Society, House).

He was a year behind me. I didn't know him well.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    cutz wrote:

:corn:
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    In fiction:

Peter Parker (Spider-Man), went to Forest Hills High School from 1962 to 1965; see "Amazing Fantasy" #15 and "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 to #28

Don't forget Peter's classmate....Mary Jane Watson....super-model :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    A Few....Montgomery Blair H. S....Silver Spring, Maryland

SPORTS:
    Steve Barber, pitcher for the Major League Baseball team Baltimore Orioles in the 1960s
    Tom Brown, player for National Football League teams the Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins and for Major League Baseball's Washington Senators
    Dominique Dawes, Olympic Gymnast (transferred to Gaithersburg High School)
    David Dzenitis, Linebacker, Manitoba Minotaurs (Canadian Football League)
    Steve Francis, National Basketball Association player with the Houston Rockets
    Sonny Jackson, professional baseball player
    Visanthe Shiancoe, starting tight end for the NFL team the Minnesota Vikings
    David Vanterpool, National Basketball Association player
    Willis Wilson, former head men's basketball coach at Rice University
    Bob Windsor, player for National Football League teams the San Francisco 49ers and New England Patriots
    Morgan Wootten, Hall of Fame basketball coach

[edit] Arts and Media
    Carl Bernstein, journalist who helped break the Watergate scandal for The Washington Post
    Kiran Chetry, journalist, CNN Anchor
    Connie Chung, broadcast journalist
    Doug Curran, singer/recording artist, The Lettermen
    Matt Drudge, news aggregator
    Tyrone Giordano, Actor
    Goldie Hawn, actress
    Ron Holloway, tenor saxophonist
    Eric Hutchinson, Singer-songwriter
    Rick Leventhal, broadcast journalist, Senior Correspondent for Fox News Channel
    Bob Long, Vice President, NBC
    Tom Marr, Former Baltimore Orioles radio broadcaster, and longtime radio talk show host on Baltimore's WCBM(680-AM)
    Peter Myers, author of motivational texts.
    Ananth Panagariya, writer for Dark Horse Comics comic and web comic AppleGeeks
    Chuck Redd, jazz percussionist who played with Charlie Byrd, Barney Kessel, Dizzy Gillespie, Mel Tormé and Ken Peplowski
    William Addams Reitwiesner, genealogist
    Todd Rex (T-Rexx), comedian
    Barry Richards, disc jockey, WHMC, host of Groove-in on television
    Donna Richardson, American fitness and aerobics instructor, author and ESPN television sports commentator; wife of radio personality Tom Joyner
    Nora Roberts, romance novelist
    Eric Shansby, The Washington Post cartoonist
    Norman Solomon, journalist
    Ben Stein, economist; actor; speech writer for U.S. President Richard Nixon
    Lisa Ann Walter, TV and movie actress, comedienne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery ... ble_alumni

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I went to Roger Ludlowe HS in Fairfield, CT. These are the two famous alums that I know about.

Julius Boros
    He was a professional golfer who won 18 times on the PGA Tour including 3 major titles (1952 U.S. Open, 1963 U.S. Open, 1968 PGA). He still ranks as the oldest man to win a major tournament. He was 48 when he won the PGA.

Charles Nagy
    He was a major league pitcher from 1990 to 2003, mostly with the Cleveland Indians. He started the 1996 All-Star Game for the American League. He pitched in the 1995 and 1997 World Series for the Indians, who lost to Atlanta in 1995 and Florida in 1997. He won 129 games during his MLB career. He is currently the pitching coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com